Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The gov and the Girl. I love the gov even more

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by Govisgreat, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

it was just so touching. did the 2 older girls survive? this group is already better than ricks band.

2. tyc94

tyc94 Well-Known Member

#TeamGovernor

3. KillTheGov

KillTheGov Member

We are definitely seeing a different side of him

4. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure we are not supposed to "love" him. The man still slaughtered his own army. But we are definitely learning more about his human side. He is not just a monster.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

That was a touching scene, but it also reminds me that the Governor has had several chances to stop and rebuild, but he continues on his path towards destruction.

6. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

to me, it showed a god like quality in the gov. love and compassion. i hope his new lover survived.

7. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

We all know that little girl is going to become his "humanity", something happens to her, and in the words of the Joker, "Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little... Push!" Then he'll be worse then ever before.

As far as Lilly goes well... Anyone who's read the comics/novels know where this is probably going.

8. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

they probably feel like they need to kill the gov because he has become the whole show and makes rick and his group dull as dust.

9. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

......Did you even watch last week?

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Everyone who is living in the ZA had to start somewhere..

Every episode there has been a theme of 'Can you go back after everything you've done'

11. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I thought those scenes were really touching. We knew he loved Penny, zombie and all, but so much else was going on with him (the secrets, the killings, the fish tanks) that it made it extremely difficult to visualize him as a loving father. Now, everything has been stripped away, we see a man who was (is?) capable of unconditional love.

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

When I watched this episode I felt pretty much the same, but by the end I was thinking it was still a fool's paradise for him. You just know something bad is going to happen.

13. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Yes! Even though he managed to pull at my heart strings, I know he is one stop away from Crazy Town. :)

14. jxhide

jxhide Member

Although that little girl seems to have brought him back to his more humane side, I fear he's going to be very obsessed about protecting her making her his own. Then something will happen and he's gonna go psycho. Governor seems to be a man of extremes.

15. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

all the gov did was build a city that rick destroyed. the govs love for that girl is the best thing i have seen on TV.

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I agree . Just wondering now will he regain more humanity or go back the other way into deeper madness and darkness for some reason.

17. alitji

alitji New Member

I really dislike TG, like I hoped he got gangrene in his eye and it rotted him from the inside out kinda dislike....but - this episode made me soften to him a little bit. Started to see that his love of his daughter and the loss of his family just broke him in awful ways. However - the guy is still awfully broken and I don't think its the kind you can come back from, even in the ZA. All that evil rage is just bubbling right under the surface, waiting to come out as he bashes in daddy's/grandpa's head (all the better to replace him). The little girl does seem to humanize him, but it just seems like it's going to become a whole new obsession from him, because he's going to want to replace Penny, and I just kept thinking...when is he going to run away with her?

18. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

i think it would be a good idea if they had a spin-off show starring the gov and his new brave group. does everyone agree?

19. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Nope.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What do you think would happen if the girl's biological father turned out to be a worker in Martinez' camp? They are reasonably near her old home after all...