Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The gov and the Girl. I love the gov even more

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by Govisgreat, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Meghan's father abandoned her and Lilly. If anyone deserves to be a walker meal, it's him. :zombies_mad:

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The comic really isn't the GPS for the Walking Day anymore. Characters are introduced, and general challenges are similar but it doesn't always bring the same result. If so, Andrea would still be alive.

3. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

This. It's the feel good story of the year!

4. Stealth

From what they explained it seemed as if he left them prior to the ZA. It wasn't as if they were separated during the mayhem of the early days etc.

5. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

David Morrisey turned in the best acting performance in a TWD episode bar none last night. He portrayed the character beautifully!! Every syllable he uttered was agony & anguish as his inner demons waged their war on his psyche. He bonded with that small girl in a deeply parental way, "fleshing" the character out & added so much depth to the Governor character that all others pale light years behind...

6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree, he was so fragile & defeated.

"Please don't throw the gun at me"

7. Stealth

True, and then the switch turned again when he was fighting in the pit with the walkers. He became the Governor of old when trying to save the girl. Some people speculate that it will be her death that will make him become unhinged, but I think it could possibly be his desire to protect her that makes him go to extreme lengths again.

8. SpawnAgain1

SpawnAgain1 Member

It was a great Episode and a nice break from the Group....The Gov is a broken man and had no purpose i think he was pretty much waiting for the end to come. The little girl has again given him purpose and a reason to live and maybe try to right some wrongs. OR he will go so far down another path of destruction and meet his demise!!Theirs no grey area with the Gov ;) as He will do anything for the little one as a father would do, his bond with her is just like. will he try and take the Prison to keep her and her remaining family safe?....It was good to see his human side come back he wasn't always a cold killer!you started to feel sorry for the guy. Anyway as i said great episode.

9. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

we are talking about the same guy who just last season was walking around with a boner & evil grin while staring at the tools he was going to tie up his women victims with as well as the chair to tie them too....so he helped out some people in need, he was a family man at one time and i'm sure just like anyone else likes companionship and all that stuff but still...this is the Govey we are talking about here!

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think David Morrissey described the Governor on the talking dead as a man of extremes..

11. tallahasseehero

Haha that is definitely not all the Governor did. He tortured Glenn and Maggie. He killed army guys just for their supplies. He attacked their camp with walkers when they would have just left him alone if he stayed away. He tried to pit brother against brother in a fight to the death. He threatened Rick with the lives of his family members saying that he would kill them unless he got Michonne.

That said this episode did make feel sympathy toward him. Watching him help another family was touching.

12. SpawnAgain1

SpawnAgain1 Member

It was a great piece of acting by Morrissey he plays the part v.well.

13. Stealth

Yes, he did say something like that. They've done a good job of making his character multi-dimensional and not just a cookie cutter villain.

14. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Great analysis !

And when we last saw the Gov at the prison, we thought it was certain that he was there to attack. This episode blurs that certainty now..

15. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

That deadbeat ran off before the outbreak. Lilly said her husband (or boyfriend) said he was going out for beer and a lottery ticket...and never returned.

16. SpawnAgain1

SpawnAgain1 Member

This put doubts into my mind also, But would he be their to make a truce? i cant see it. The 3 girls see him as a hero type figure, going into the prison to make friends would certainly end that notion as he is... well... despised!.I think meeting back up with Martinez and his new crew gives him the chance to take the Prison as their own. Having to look after the Little girl as he promised would be too dangerous on the outside, he needs a new Woodbury the prison gives him that protection for her and the rest of the new group.I think theirs going to be carnage!!.

17. Stealth

That's what I thought. I knew she mentioned he left them prior to the ZA, but I didn't remember the full description of what he said before leaving.

18. SpawnAgain1

SpawnAgain1 Member

He probably Purchased the winning ticket and all he has to show for it is a Zombie Apocalypse :zombies_lol:.

19. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

me and the gov are sick of glenn and maggie, lol

20. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see this episode again tonight just for the scenes between "Brian" and Megan, you can see his whole demeanor change when he is around her. The questions about his eye, the scene where they play chess and the way she reaches for him in the walker pit. Morrissey can really bring out the best in other actors, even the younger ones, I love the scenes between them, it will be devastating to him if anything happens to her.