Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Governor!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by Jakobi, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying, but in the show zombies have wiped out 9/10s+ of humanity worldwide. People haven't managed to do that yet. OTOH, one on one you'd be much better fighting a zombie than a person.

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

In the beginning yes. Zombies are the force of nature that did it but they stay a thoughtless force. People are more dangerous outside of a large herd.

Outside initial surprise the walkers are less of a threat. Just compare this season to 1 or 2. The walkers are much more easily deal with. (ignoring other complications.) People think and shoot.

The gov. is about to hammer that home I believe. That said the show is always going to focus much more on the human threat as it will continue to point where walkers aren't as deadly.

3. Morgotha

In the end society will rebuild itself just with a few different rules and customs because of the undead plague... well that's what one would think. I don't think they can ever really minimize the zombie influence though otherwise it wouldn't be TWD anymore but "game of thrones" or something if they're mainly fighting each other.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The zombies are going to be minimized. More like an extreme version of us running into snakes or something I think by the end of it. And people will have to deal with turning after death.

5. Morgotha

It would be a nice way to wind up the show. Then show people sleeping in separate rooms with the doors closed, routinely stabbing someone's head when they die, and get back to life as usual pre-za.

It'll just be a drama then though,not a "zombie drama" is my point.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

A big part of that death totl is because everyone is infected. They turn when they die. So in many ways it's a disease of sorts. The zombies are certainly more of an enemy early on as people try and grapple with how they need to kill them and what the rules for survival are, but once you have that down I'd be more frightened of people at this stage. It's the reason why Rick and Michonne didn't pick up the backpack guy in Clear. They had no idea what that guy's deal was. Overall, people are much more dangerous thing in this new world.

7. Morgotha

No, I get it. It's just that once the dead aren't a big factor anymore there's no reason for the show to continue as TWD.

8. rustybag

rustybag Member

They have to run out of ammunition eventually, though, right? And you would imagine the availability of the things that they can loot is dwindling (luckily the prison seems to have an endless supply if toilet paper :/ )It's not like they have any factories running to produce the things that they need. All of the systems we have in place to make things, communicate and get them from point A to point B are gone. You'd have to get out there and take care of the zombies before you can rebuild civilization, right? How on earth are they going to do that?

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Well, I think it's still a factor enough to be the TWD since everyone carries the infection, and there are dangers. Gimple has been good this season at showing ways in which it does matter. Someone can die at night and wreak havoc on your whole group. Mega-herds are a serious threat etc. So it's still there for me anyway. Personally, I just like the different layers to it all.

10. Scott Herbert

Scott Herbert Member

Season 3 was basically just character progression for The Governor! Now he's back I'm sure the writers will unleash him to his full potential and I'm really excited to see him as a complete badass! Not sure exactly what he'll do against the group when he is just one man... or we assume he is...

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

it is but it isn't. Zombies are the cause of the story and the reason it happens but they are not the focus anymore. It's an apocalyptic drama and the cause happens to be zombies. You wouldn't focus exclusively on who shots the nukes if it were nuclear after several years of stories if they don't find out would you? I know zombies are different and continue to be a threat but they are just that a threat. One of many.

Without zombies it would be a continuation of the story and how they deal with the new laws of life. it would be just as much TWD. TWD has a double meaning anyway. The zombies are the obvious meaning but they aren't the true meaning.

I don't think it will get far enough for them to be totally gone but if it did it would be the logical continuation and be cool to see years after it started.

12. rustybag

rustybag Member

However, because they are out there, people are isolated in their own little area and they have no idea what is going on down the road, nevermind the rest of the world. You have no phone, electricity, internet, television. World political systems have collapsed. No schools or government. There are no factories, no way to produce food, clothes, toiletries, medicine. They can't have domesticated animals. No hospitals, postal system, police force. The roads are going to start to crumble, the cars are going to start to go. They will run out of gas and ammunition. You can't really take care of these problems until the zombies are dealt with, right?

#92 rustybag, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

true but those problems won't be a focus anytime soon. Society is not near that anytime soon.

zombies will one day take out themselves. years down the line. If they aren't careful they will have it happen again. They are the sleeper threat not the big explosive one. This will be more true later on. They don't go away but they become routine.

14. rustybag

rustybag Member

How are they feeding Judith? Where are they getting formula and diapers? Anyone who has children knows how much of this you go through. Honestly, where are they getting their food, toothpaste, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, clothes? There can't be an endless supply of this stuff lying around. A few years ago there was a huge freak storm in my state & the area where I live was hit very hard. The national guard had to come out to clear trees, but for almost a week, my town was pretty isolated. Do you know how long it took people to buy out the grocery store? Like, 3 days. I know this is just a tv show, but no way the roads would still be in good working order and that all of these supplies would still be available. The zombies are what is keeping them from getting systems back in place.

15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I know that. Zombies can be a threat without being the primary focus. They 100% are not the primary focus and people are the major threat. Who are we worried about now? the walkers? Or the Governor? Judith is over 6 months old at this point. Formula isn't needed as much as before and anything can be made into a simple diaper. Diapers aren't top of the looting list in the early days anyway. They had a large formula supply already as well. When civilization starts rebuilding people aren't going to mesh all the time. The comics have begun to hit this point now.

#95 legendx66, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  16. luv it all

luv it all Active Member

It's funny I didn't realize that was the Governor until the guys mentioned it on Talking Dead. For me it went so fast that I didn't make out the shadow. I was waiting for Daryl to come walking up to talk with Rick, didn't realize it was the end, was eager to hear the conversation about Carol happen. Can't wait to see what they do with the Gov now, so much going on!

17. rustybag

rustybag Member

Formula isn't needed? What do you think they can be feeding her???

The governor is a threat of course, but the rest of it is completely unrealistic for the sake of the show. Much as I love the show (if somehow zombies can be realistic)

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Judith could surely eat baby food at this point- mashed carrots, peas, beans, fruits etc. Her calcium intake would be a problem, I'd think. Although kids survive in so many pats of the world without all of the comforts we are used to. As far as diapers, disposable diapers have not been around forever. Any cloth would do, someone is just stuck washing it later!

19. rustybag

rustybag Member

Sorry @legendx66 if I sound like I am attacking you, I reread my posts and they sound harsh & I didn't mean it towards you. These kinds of things just seem so far fetched.

20. rustybag

rustybag Member

I guess she must be eating the mashed peas from the garden. Hopefully she won't choke. Maybe Rick thought to grab some of those apricots that Ana dropped before getting killed by the walkers. :)