Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Governor!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by Jakobi, Nov 10, 2013.

1. mfinley

mfinley Member

Currently it's estimated there are almost 400 million firearms in the United States, and over 50 billion rounds of ammo. Home Land Security ordered 1.5 billion rounds last year alone. It would be virtually impossible to have a firearms or ammo shortage in the ZA.

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

There are 3 days of supplies of food in local stores, but there are far, far, far more amounts on trucks that were in transit on the highway, on railroad cars in transit, in warehouses, in containers at ship yards.

Imagine the supply of everything you can buy at a Walmart that would be sitting in the average Walmart distribution center alone,(imagine a walmart 100 times as large) not to mention all the other major grocery stores and dept stores distribution centers.

3. rustybag

rustybag Member

Well that's comforting (!). How are they going to get to it?

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

You didn't. No problems lol. :p

Which parts are talking about?

edit- nevermind I didn't notice your other post.
    I meant she can eat solid foods now. Formula isn't necessary.

How are the other things unrealistic? I mean of course walkers existing are but what else. Human threats? Society rebuilding? People making diapers? the walkers eventually dwindling? (that is already starting) I don't see how any of that is unrealistic.

#104 legendx66, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  5. rustybag

rustybag Member

Yes, trucks couldn't get to us because the road were blocked, but the roads were blocked on this show too, especially getting to the cities. Also how many survivors are there for these goods to be distributed amongst (or more accurately, looted randomly) and how are the survivors going to get to this stuff? If there are fewer survivors, the goods would last for longer, obviously. But there's no electricity storage warehouses would not be temperature controlled, so many items, especially food, would be expired or infested by now. Except for twinkies :) And you'd have to get past the zombies to get to any of this stuff, so it seems to me they are a never ending threat. And you'd have to constantly be traveling unless you hit a jackbox of items & can stay in one place a while. And of course, like you guys are saying, people would be a constant threat too.

Since we're on the topic, how did Rick make a sandwich in the episode with Clara? Where on earth did he get bread?

#105 rustybag, Nov 11, 2013
  6. rustybag

rustybag Member

I must be worried about Judith & the children :)

If the walkers were dealt with, I could see society rebuilding. How do you think they are dwindling? Do you mean in this area on the show, or the walker population world over?

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

just getting smaller decaying. I don't mean they are almost gone just that one day (probably years or decades from now) they would mostly wither away or be killed except for freshly turned walkers. It's a possibility.

So world over but nowhere just yet. In terms of story the focus will dwindle. it's practically non-existant at the moment in the comics. But it's a fair point as there is a very big reason to focus on people atm. more than normal even.

8. mfinley

mfinley Member

In a real ZA, people are going to be who they were before. There will be followers and leaders, there will be scroungers and forward thinkers, there will be hustlers.

If you ever saw the show Jericho it was similar to TWD in regard to most of civilization was gone, there was a group of bad asses lead by a hustler, they figured out really quickly that there were plenty of places where lots of stuff was stored and they went out everyday to gather it and bring it back and became very powerful because they controlled vast amounts of stuff people needed and would trade for. This is basically what would happen in the ZA. Some survivors would look to be store keepers, some would be nurses, some would be warriors, some would teach...

9. rustybag

rustybag Member

I asked this in another thread & got some answers, but walkers get weaker when they don't feed, right? The ones who were initially trapped in buildings & can't feed would eventually decay, is that correct? Or would they just be weak? I don't read the comics so the finer points of walker make up elude me.

Yes, people can be horrible and are definitely a huge threat in this ZA world, just like in real life. The more things change, the more they stay the same :/

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Comic readers don't have much more info other than a few instances of decayed walkers.

I don't know how it relates to feeding but yes they decay. Significantly slower than normal but eventually they would decay. That doesn't stop fresh walkers from being created and all of them would decay at diff. times but it would happen.

11. rustybag

rustybag Member

Ah...a bit like communism...only in their own isolated sections

#111 rustybag, Nov 11, 2013
  12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I hope they resolve the governor plot fast. To spend 1 and a half season on the same exact plotline would be really dull.

13. Benzel

Benzel Member

I think it could have done without the cheesy head turn, if he'd just been standing with his back to the camera sort of silhouetted against the prison it would have been more menacing.

14. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

When the prison group sees the Governor, it'll be like...

[​IMG]

15. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I actually think he was watching Michonne and Hershel drive off.

16. Jcmorton1

Jcmorton1 New Member

How many walkers r left in Atlanta !!!