Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Grenade

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - TS-19' started by fatbrett2, Nov 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

It's a good thing for Carol that everything was so chaotic and moving at such a fast pace when she told Rick she had his grenade. Otherwise, he would have had time to think about things... Things such as "Why the **** did this weird short haired punching bag steal my grenade?" Or maybe "How did Lori not notice my pants had a 1 pound metal ball in one pocket?

[​IMG]

2. clone

clone Member

Carol was smart to keep it from Rick. He could have used it against them.
    Rick failed the group on this for not remembering about the grenade. What if Carol had of died. The grenade may have been lost and they all would have died at the CDC.

3. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

I doubt Rick would have ever used the grenade against the group. When he returned to the camp and was just visibly tired and then when he saw he son that was the only thing at the moment. Then his wife. The grenade was easily overlooked by then. Rick by then just wanted some down time by then I suppose.

4. Maggie

Maggie Member

Acutally I'm with 2gun on this one... that;s worse than leaving a loaded gun lying around.

Gee, car keys, wallet, pistol, hunting rifle, ax... gernade gernade... I can't find the only damn thing that could go off on its own but NO PROBLEM I'm back with Lori and Carl..

I'm telling you - she must have some f'ing magic pcp dust up her hooch - that is the only think I can think of for why two normally straight forward LEO's act so shamefully stupid around her.

Rick forgetting about the freaking handgernade IN HIS PANTS? Shane actually considering shooting Rick just so he can have that anorexic bitch back? I cannot understand the voodoo that skinny little olive oil has over them.

5. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Lori "here Carl, maybe we can get a bat and go play some baseball with Uncle Shane after he meets me out in the forest"

Carl "gee thanks mom, how neato!!"

LOL

6. BrokenAngel

Gee that would be an awesome scene I just wish that scene would have happened. Rewrite!!

7. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Oh come on, give Rick a break. Who hasn't misplaced a thrown anti-personal fragmentation device in their pant pocket at least once?

When Glen & Rick got up to the roof, I was waiting for Glen to say, "Wow, you're REALLY glad to see me!"

8. BrokenAngel

I agree. And umm.. I sure as hell wouldn't have missed that scene.

9. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

I think Lori was too busy noticing another bulge in Ricks pants when he came back. Not at all concerned about a grenade that could blow up and kill them all at anytime. Olive Oyl's real slick with noticing bulges ya know... LOL

10. Maca254

Maca254 Member

In what universe is an unprimed grenade able to "blow up and kill everybody at any time"?

11. BrokenAngel

Z, You know Olive Oyl so well. And you are right about that. Woman has a one track mind.

12. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

Oh dear. Don't start in on me. Okay? Today's not the day to do that.

13. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Who cares about the damn grenade? I wonder why the hell would T-Dog use a chair to break open bullet-proof glass after Shane using a shotgun and Daryl using a fire axe. We're talking about a chair here! A CHAIR!

14. BrokenAngel

Maybe T- Dog got the idea from a movie.

15. Maggie

Maggie Member

YOu are correct. The device in and of itself, left completely alone, would not blow up and kill everyone. However, it could unknowingly blow everyone up if:

a) the gernade is taken out of pants pocket not knowing what it is, and the pin catches on the seam or something.
    b) a child finds said neat 'ball' and pulls the pin
    c) the gernade is left in pants pocket, gun fire erupts and the gernade is hit (this I'm not acutally sure of, would it explode if impacted by gunfire?)

So, really, yes... all by itself left alone, it would not explode. However, the negligence of forgetting about a device like that cannot be understated. Like forgetting about a handgun and it's left unattended and lying around. I think that was more the point. That rick so completely forgot he even had it in his clothes, leaving Carol to find it, mind it, and keep it safe.

16. Maggie

Maggie Member

The writers had to give him something MANLY to do because really, his character has nothing else to do.

17. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

^ This, a thousand times this!

In answer to c, No it will not go off.

18. Zansurai

Zansurai Member

Thanks for clarifying what I was trying to say. I know that a grenade will not explode just by it's self just like a gun would not randomly fire if the trigger isn't pulled. Thanks again.

#18 Zansurai, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  19. Maca254

Maca254 Member

I doubt you could accidentally pull the pin on a grenade either, much like you can't remove that pin with your teeth Hollywood style (without breaking your teeth first).

Come on, guys. Grenades have been around in some capacity since the 19th century. They'll have eased up all the "Blowing up when you don't want them to" kinks a long time ago.

20. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

...Because when T-Dog used the chair he imparted his vast street cred to the chair, bumping its stats up to a Saturn 1 missile level damage...

Attached Files:

#20 STRINGS, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012