Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The guns...

Discussion in 'Episode 712 - Say Yes' started by Daryl Rocks, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Why didn't they just hold some back instead of negotiating for some. That was stupid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Ha! Good point - I didn't think about that. Unless it was a strategic move where Rick wanted to assert a negotiating partnership with them......? Otherwise, yeah, that was stupid. lol

3. yuke

yuke Member

Slight change in topic, but when they go to the junkyard group, it is implied that Rick and Michonne didn't find many bullets for the guns. Did I get that right? Strange that there would be guns, food supplies but not an arsenal of bullets.

4. Chief Brody

Chief Brody Member

Being that quite a few of the "Soldier Walkers" still had their rifles slung over their shoulders that tells me that they weren't involved in any gun fight ... So the full amount of loaded magazines they were issued was still on their bodies..

5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

They also made a point to show empty mag holders on the ground after they collected all the guns. To me that was showing us they did get a bunch of ammo as well.

6. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

But then when they showed the barrels of guns they didn't show any mags or anything

7. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

Makes me think something similar to fear the walking dead happened and the military just pulled out and left maybe everyone started turning and some soldiers took all the ammo and left but idk since the food was all there

8. Sully

Sully Active Member

I think Rick wasn't expecting them to ask for more guns after giving them 60 something. They asked for a lot of guns so Rick gave them all he had to ensure that they were impressed and honored the deal. Unfortunately they wanted more and I think that's why Rick asked for some back.

Basically Jadis I think was pulling a power play and in return Rick pulled his own power play to show that they don't call all the shots in this.

They are definitely going to be difficult to work with though I think even after they agree to an alliance.

9. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

If we didn't know better we would think Jadis has her group gearing up for war themselves. But probably just to do more scavaging. But Rick definitely should have held some back.

10. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Much like back in the Hilltop the Ricklers didn't exactly strike a 'cheap' deal back when either and maybe Jadis knows a thing or two and isn't about to enter a war underpaid...

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

What have we seen from the junkyard dogs that makes us want to give them guns at all?
    There motto seems to be no fighting or even trying to find anything not easily taken but somehow Rick has decided to arm them and they will follow his plan?
    This is maybe the dumbest plan ever devised?
    I know what they all said but WTF what we can see is not too encouraging aside from their numbers and they have zero fighter vibe that I can tell.
    This whole arc just makes no sense to me at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

We can't be sure Rick didn't hold some guns initially either, and then just took some of the others back as part of the bargaining.

13. Sully

Sully Active Member

At the very least they're bodies, meat shields, numbers. With Hilltop and The Kingdom on their side too it doesn't matter how much they can fight. How much of Negan's group can fight? You have his outpost guys and some people back at base but that's it.

14. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Ah so, cannon fodder.
    Infantry.
    Like a real war.

15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Meat Shield?
    I love it!

That was not really my point though,I do not believe for a second that they will follow through with their end of the deal and we have no real reason to think they will?

They would make excellent Meat Shields though for sure.

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I agree that Rick should not be so sure they would be willing to follow through and fight. The garbage gang werent even willing to fight the zombies in the water to get to supplies. What makes Rick think they will fight people who shoot back?

• Agree Agree x 1