Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Handmaid's Tale

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by No.Pantaloons, May 8, 2017.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, I'll be onboard for that too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I'm late to this party but wow, this show has me hooked. I sit there horrified at what is happening yet I cannot look away. I just finished season 3 last night.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

You're up to where I am. My plan is to watch Season 4 sometime in the fall. It's such a dark series. It's very well done though. When I think how they're going to conclude it all, this comes to mind.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. southernlady

I agree, it is well written and well acted. I am now a huge Elisabeth Moss fan!! I did start season 4 last night and I keep hoping that somehow June manages to get Hannah out of Gilead. I've not read the books (though I now want to) but someone said to read Testaments and you should have your answer to that question.

#64 southernlady, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

Yeah I haven't read the books either. I'd rather see it all play out on TV now anyway and not know how it ends. Elisabeth Moss is great in the role. The actress who plays Emily has been very good too. Even though it was frustrating when June did not get out it was great to see Emily escape. She was so damaged by the hell she went through.

One thing for me that's really worked from the beginning are the flashbacks with Luke and June. The two actors have very good chemistry, and you're pulling for them to reunite, even though I feel it's not going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. southernlady

I've read some negative comments regarding Luke, being he left his wife for June. But I love them together and am hoping that they are reunited and make it work. Serena though, sometimes I feel sorry for her and other times I'd really love to sock her. I am ahead of you in watching so I don't want to give too much away other than her story is not yet done.

The people who have read the books said that the book ended with season one, so the writers are carrying on after that ending.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stealth

The thing though with Luke and his first wife is that we have no idea what was going on there in their relationship. All we have to go on is how he is with others, and his character has been portrayed as a decent person with everyone else. If he was acting like Waterford or Nick it would be a different story. You also tend to latch onto the few good people in this show.

I came back around to Serena when she let June escape with the baby, but once she returned to her evil ways that was the end of the line for me with her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. southernlady

I agree on both points. I am firmly in Luke's corner until I see something different. Serena though, she knows full well Nichole was not fathered by Fred, yet insists she is her daughter. Her sense of entitlement is wearing on me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

Yeah it's something @BlackBird and I discussed here before. It's so frustrating how many unlikable characters we have in the series. Just when it looked like Serena was making a turn for the better she took that selfish, evil angle with the baby. Another disappointment was Bradley Whitford's character. He was running sort of an underground railroad for people out of Gilead and then also took a selfish turn.

10. Stealth

Finally completed the 4th season of the show. Have to admit I almost quit it when June was recaptured again. I was thinking, I just can't go through all of this over and over again. But I barely hung in there and was rewarded. What an incredible season finale too, one of their best episodes for sure.

I feel for both June and Luke in all of this. It seems like her need for vengeance will stand in the way of them having a future.

11. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Goodness! You’ve just reminded me! I only saw the first episode of this season and that was traumatic enough so somehow I couldn’t motivate myself to continue, but I will catch up with it soon, and come back to chat. Very intrigued by your little spoiler! Speak soon!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stealth

Yeah, I almost reached the end of the line for me with the show too. Not sure what kept me going. I had heard another spoiler, which I didn't mention here that kept me going. It's well worth all the anguish though. You need to get to the midpoint of the season before things pick up.