Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Herd is Coming!

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Brother's Keeper' started by GeorgeWest, Sep 18, 2017.

1. GeorgeWest

GeorgeWest New Member

That big duststorm on the horizons might be bad news for the Ranch. How strong are their fences?

2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Yesssssss let's go!

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I still can't believe people on the show act as stupidly as they do. You make the barrier. Fine. Why not then immediately get in to the bunker and wait rather than sit outside and risk your lives? They didn't accomplish anything out there other than let the herd know there were live people down in the bunker, and of course, ended the lives of a few people in the ranch during the fight. They should have just made their barrier and opened the gates on both sides of the ranch and went down in the bunker before the herd arrived. Left to its own, the herd would have just kept walking through the ranch. What a terrible decision.

And Nick shooting the cow in the field? Why not take it back to the ranch and butcher it for another few days of meat for everyone?

Making NIck the leader? I just can't see that. The first chance he gets at getting his hands on some opiates it will be back to the old Nick again.

4. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

To be fair, they didn't have that much time and were hoping they could deter the horde. I guess they didn't realize how many were going to be part of the horde, it was an attempt to save the ranch, but the plan quickly backfired.

I also hope they don't end the ranch storyline by slaughtering everyone inside the pantry as a way to end that storyline and move on, with conveniently only Alicia, Ofelia, and Crazy Dog getting out (via air vent? idk). We'll see, I hope the ranch/Natives survive this and not just picking up the main characters and dumping them at the dam to continue the story (against the Proctors?)

Well they did have a BBQ to feed everyone - someone made a comment about the steak too. They had to die soon as they didn't have enough water for all the cattle.

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't have any trouble at all with the plan of putting up the RVs and hoping to divert them, but when the massive amount of walkers started coming over the hill and you saw the size of the herd? Go to the bunker. That's why you BUILD bunkers, so you have a place to hide in in times of danger!

It would be kind of ripping off 28 days later, but it would be a neat twist if a couple of people in the bunker were bitten but hiding it, and died in a corner somewhere and started causing havoc. People might try and shoot them, injuring more people, etc. I don't think that'll happen though. I'd bet Nick and Troy will lead the horde away.

Jake basically said that they used to have hundreds of cows (which I assume meant pre-ZA) now they only had a few to where it wasn't really even a ranch any more. If you're going to be killing off your last cows, you should get every scrap of meat from every cow you can, not shooting them in the field.