Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The home made bullet

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by Miamicuse, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Isn't the real problem with this entire scene the fact that his first instinct would be that they had found a gun, and that gun had a bullet? I mean, he didn't instantly ask if they had a homemade gun... Why would he think it odd that if they found a gun that it wouldn't have a bullet in it. In fact, since she only shot one bullet, it would seem almost obvious to me they have found a gun and it only had one bullet in it.

I mean, let's not lose sleep over this, but for him to first automatically think of the homemade bullet is the biggest problem. I mean, maybe there is a deleted scene where he found the notes from Eugene, but it would have made it clear then, who had made them, and likely would have been a problem before a bullet was ever fired.

2. J K

J K Member

The problem isn't with the home made bullet, there's tons of guys out there that do their own reloads which could have been scavenged from anywhere at anytime since the show started. The problem is why would Negan think one of them made it and when questioned why the hell wouldn't they say they just found it which is way more likely anyway than someone just whipping one up post ZA. Just more silliness to advance the plot line of Eugene being taken by Negan.

3. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

Ok,it was supposed to have come from the window shot? It looked like a 44 to me. At one point I thought they showed her with a 1911. Funny I've never owned a Beretta and they are made ten minutes from me. Was definitely not a 50ae that's either rimless or rebated rim (can't remember how it's classified and never had any interest in one). But there is no conceivable way to to do turn a 357 or 44 into a 9mm. Rimmed cases are way thinner,no metal to do anything with.

But the bullet stopping right at the surface of the bat could happen a few ways.I don't know if it flattened or not. It wouldn't have.I took it as it just didn't penetrate well. That would be something way softer than the softest lead. It probably wouldn't cycle the action either. A light charge of very slow burning powder ( maybe even a full charge, I'm not willing to risk my life to find out.lol) or a very light charge of the proper burn rate or too fast.All these conditions can cause erratic pressure spikes and can be very dangerous. Basically if the bullet was only going a couple hundred fps. Primer only will generally lodge the bullet within two inches of the casing. To make casings from a different chambering they have to be from the same parent cartridge. Like 38special from 357, 44 special from 44 mag, 380 from 9mm. I would have to look up dimensions but I believe 45acp could be made from 30-06/308 and any of the slew of siblings. I believe they are .472" head diameter. 223 and 7.62x39 are pretty much on their own. 9mm and 357 are the same diameter bullet. 7.62x39 (ak & sks) is actually a .311" bore but the .308" bullets shoot ok out of them.

I don't remember seeing the outside of the building where Eugene wants to make bullets. It could be a gunsmiths shop. If it is and hasn't been completely pillaged, it would have everything they need to load. With a progressive loader one person can do a couple hundred rounds an hour. Most real gunsmiths have a ton of reloading stuff. Especially so if they compete.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Don't all American's know the ins and outs of their guns?

5. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

No. Most are completely and totally clueless.

6. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

No, about half have never shot a gun and that is why they are terrified of them

#26 DGribble19, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

This is exactly my thinking as well.

It is far more likely and believable for Negan to question where Rosita's gun came from, then the bullet. If Rosita says nothing, then well, Olivia is the one in charge of weapons and somehow she must have lost count, BOOM, he kills Olivia anyways. Whatever they have planned for Eugene required they take him to the Sanctuary I am guessing. Otherwise, the obvious explanation to Negan would be they found her gun on a walker and it already had a bullet inside and no one had to admit to making a DIY bullet.

#27 Miamicuse, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Personally I thought it was more fake that Lucille saved him. Considering Rosita so far in the show has never missed her target. I was too upset how fake that was to worry how he knew the bullet which is also unbelievable. Meh I just accept them for what they are as well, minor plot holes.

#28 Spidey, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

How about this? Rosita fired only one bullet. So it was reasonable for Negan to think that she had only one bullet. So he didn't have to worry that she or the ASZ had some secret cache.

10. MrBucckknesss

MrBucckknesss New Member

well you figure you have to clamp the metal into place so possibly he seen the primitive marking on the casing possibly.

and need i say ROSITA is a moron along with CORAL theyre both moronic and rosita deserves whatever she gets at this point imo. spencer death was amazing and on point with the comics haha he died with no honor and he deserved it! people are starting to lose it in the group and thats not good

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

11. HondaS2kXD

I've seen a bullet hit a metal rod that was smaller than the bullet itself which saved the target (an egg) from getting hit. Lucille taking the bullet is entirely plausible. Likely? No. But definitely plausible. And given that the round had to be custom made (impossibly) and was their first attempt it would be entirely plausible that the bullet would not go through Lucille. In all of those circumstances, it wouldn't cause the slide of the handgun to lock back (which it did on the show) but this is a show where in the first five minutes of the first episode, Rick told a man to make sure his safety was off on his Glock-- which doesn't have a manual safety. So we shouldn't expect too much from them on the gun-related-accuracy front.

12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

You missed my point. It was fake that Rosita, a 100% accurate marksman, would miss an easy shot at Negan. of Olivia took the shot and hit Lucille and it stopped the bullet I would be fine with it.

13. HondaS2kXD

Like I said, not likely, but plausible. Who's to say Negan didn't jump at the sight of the gun and Lucille moved into the path of the bullet? She 's about half as wide as Negan's head.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

It's plausible, but the likelihood of her missing and Negan also recognizing the bullet as home made before asking about where she got the gun is a combination of events I find unlikely to happen. One of those two things happening, ok I'll let it go, but both of them seems incredible forced and really stretches it for me. it makes it feel more like the writing was trying to find a quick way to get Eugene captured than it was a natural sequence of events.

Just curious, if I picked out 100 people and they all had Lucille bats to hold in front of their heads, and a police officer with near 100% headshot accuracy was told got to shoot them 1 by 1 in the head from the Same distance Rosita was to negan, how many of them do you think would get shot and how many escaped without a scratch? I'd wager at least 90 of them had SOME kind of gunshot on their body.

#34 Spidey, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  15. HondaS2kXD

True. Though, real life police accuracy is somewhere around 30%, for whole body accuracy.

16. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Maybe Lucille leaped in front of Negan.

She picked a fine time for it.

17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

That was just punny,I mean pathetic.

Thanks for that.