Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The "If Daryl Dies, We riot" Arguement.

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Predictions' started by Jack Woodward, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Jack Woodward

Jack Woodward Member

Nearly sent in an entire essay of Dixon on here, so be gentle.

Aside from either having a personal relation to how his character is portrayed, why do some of his fanbase claim to have him as their main focus of the show? Reedus himself? Garnering the wrong generation, or simply because the other characters are so "dull" and "Boring"? (I nearly killed a friend after they said that, but instead gave them a piece of my mind about dixon), and why would his death would affect the ratings of the show? His time has come and gone, and i personally think it's time to go.

2. KathyG

KathyG Member

Not trying to be smart but has anyone told u that u look like the Gov?

3. Jack Woodward

Jack Woodward Member

The moment i got the picture took, my sister (who i will forever thank) pointed it out whilst cutting my hair, Hence the err...."eyepatch".

4. KathyG

KathyG Member

I should have said a young Gov :)

5. Jack Woodward

Jack Woodward Member

Either way, im honored :3

6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I guess we can't literally riot if Daryl dies, where will all meet to do this riot ? lol

i plan on just sending angry tweets at AMC and throw a tantrum from the comfort of my lounge room haha !!

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Honestly, that phrase makes me sad.

It makes me feel as though it's possible that the strong fan reaction to Daryl might cause AMC to demand that he be invincible out of fear of losing viewers. I don't like that possibility. I love Daryl, but I don't want them to be afraid to kill anyone off.

8. Ewan

Ewan Member

They should be allowed to do what they want with the show.

At the same time, I really hope Daryl doesn't die :p

9. Goopus

Goopus Member

I'll probably try to keep watching but taper off in the middle of season 4 during another tedious buildup to the Governor and Rick's faceoff.

10. adrenalineknife

adrenalineknife Well-Known Member

I hate Daryl fan girls who say that! If they watch TWD JUST for Daryl (technically not TWD fans) *scoff Facebook page* then they should just go play the video game cause the shows about RICK!! Love Daryl but really I swear that saying is like nails on a chalkboard! I don't hate all his girl fans, just those who are that obsessed with Daryl! All his fans on this site are chill!

#10 adrenalineknife, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Guess they should have said Andrea instead. let's hope AMC stays as far way as possible from the writing.

12. RockstarChris

RockstarChris Member

Suck my Dixon.

13. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

i like darryl and don't want him to die, but, if he dies, he dies

14. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

The show is about Rick? The comics are about.........? The name of the show is "The Walking Dead". And someone had posted once that the the walking dead are actually all the survivors. I love that train of thought BTW. The writers took the time to flesh out a great character and find a really good actor to portray him. Now I will agree that no one seems to be safe on the show and I will really be upset when Daryl dies. Can we say that if Rick dies everyone would riot? What about Judith, Michonne, Carl? I hope that the writing is not affected by what children write on forums, but to be honest, it would not surprise me. Those that scream the loudest and the most are often the only ones heard. In a society driven by greed, the writers/developers will do what they think will keep the most viewers happy and interested. What they should remember is that alot of the ones making idle threats aren't grown up enough to make any difference in the real world. No job and no buying power. These adolescents aren't paying attention to the commercials and they don't care about the "reality" of the show. Daryl is just so "dreamy". Most of them just do it to be on the bandwagon and are just trying to fit in and act like an adult. I'm not saying to stamp out freedom of speech but could we get some parenting back into play and start taking a little responsibilty for our actions?
    I'm done and sorry. Oh yeah................ don't you dare kill off Daryl or Michonne anytime soon.:Grin:

15. LMT

LMT Member

EXACTLY.
    But it is Show Business , and they wouldn't want to kill their cash cow. Not to sound crass...Daryl is my fav too actually, but they should tell the story how they want.

16. Jack Woodward

Jack Woodward Member

Just a thought: Somewhere, in the dark pit that is known as the AMC studio for TWD, a Season 4 plot draft has daryl dying halfway through >;D

Jokes aside, Daryl is a good character, once you see past the annoying fanbase, but at the same time its whats bringing him down for me and others because, like Dragoon said, the show is run based on what makes the viewers happy; Whats not to say that this affects the plot for TWD by a long stretch because the story is based upon a group of survivors, whilst at the same time, catering to the audience of filling in what we dont know about the characters and choosing who we do and dont like in the show. Much like the andrea arguement and how people dislike her character, why does the actor deserve death threats and such? She was doing a fine job portraying andrea, and she became a large focus when it came to season 3, AMC knew they were pushing boundaries with her fanbase by giving her a partly shallow death sequence, even with the alternate ending of making it more gory, not letting her survive.

Back onto Daryl, though, everyone knows to be worried when a character has almost most or half of a season that partly evolves around them. I mean, I can't see them killing Daryl nonchalantly like Axel anytime soon because that would piss off ALOT of people. Apparently, Dixon has to the die for a cause; That cause, i wouldn't mind it being to save Rick's life.

17. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Translation please haha !!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364978984.647585.jpg

19. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator