Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Insanity of Lizzie (Comic Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Episode 402 - Infected' started by GreekSalads, Oct 22, 2013.

1. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I think either him or Carol will put the crazy down.

2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate her.

3. filthyastronaut

Part of the brilliance of that scene was how the adults were debating about it furiously, possibly causing a huge conflict, and Carl just did it. He took care of both the crazy kid and the potential conflict. If Carol just does it, I really don't think it has the same impact. Perhaps she would end up being on the side of killing her, but is not the one to do it.

4. Matt

Matt Member

I understand what you're saying, I just don't think her death would have nearly as much of an impact on us as the audience if it were Carl. He and Lizzie barely know each other, whereas we would've gotten to see the slow-burning relationship between her and Carol all season. Like I said, it's poetic to have the one who brought her into this new world be the one to take her out.

About the whole 'adults debating and he just does it' thing, that's true, but what if Carol doesn't participate in the debate, because of her initial shock? She listens to everyone debating like Carl, knows what must be done to preserve the group's safety, and yet we see her struggling with this because of their established relationship, before she finally does it. We can still get the same point about Carl, about his murderous intentions and whatnot, bumping into her as he tries to get into the area where Lizzie is being held. I personally don't think at least that we need to have him commit the murder himself to get the point being held and enhance his development.

This is just me though.

5. filthyastronaut

I don't know. I believe Carl didn't really know Ben or Billy very well in the comics, but I don't think that lessened the impact. What you're proposing is interesting, but I don't know. I'd just like it to be Carl.

6. Shane's Brainz

Maybe Doctor S, or some random Woodbury person that we dont know well. I was kinda disappointed when Hershel was introduced and there were no twins, so this option appeals to me too. This would also tie into the

7. cpump

cpump Member

All sounds plausible im jw were they would go since they cant
    film at the farm anymore

8. The Walking Cas

Shes not insane.....SHES MESSED UP! ;)

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Makes sense. For a further parallel, Carol will probably end up "adopting" them. Dale and Andrea "adopted" Ben and Billy in the comics. Obviously they can't do that in the show, because they're both gone, so that role is filled being filled by Carol.

Yep, I think that's where this story is heading.

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I don't think it's her, I think it's the writers. I will be pretty angry if she dies though, I really like her.

11. Shane's Brainz

Im thinking they would start a caravan again

12. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

MORGAN's place? The Quarry? Woodbury?

13. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I don't think they would go all the way to meet at the place where Ed got beat up and frank discussion over vibrators.

14. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

If you think about it though; the Group left a car with supplies there. Not to mention the whole Radio Scene someone figured out.

15. DundahMifflin

DundahMifflin Member

I think if they could execute this well, it would be one of the best twists the show has seen. Here's to hoping we're right!

16. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

Interesting reading. Talking about executing a 10 year old is really disturbing if the group is considering that in future episodes. Somewhat similar to the Randall dilemma but exaggerated further. Randall was an outsider unknown to the group whereas the girl is not a threat in the way Randall was.

crazy? I don't think she is, she's a child. Carl killing her will not be good for his mental state.
    She's obviously been very sheltered, Carol offering her the knife to kill her father was very cold and irresponsible.

#36 Zombiebaby, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  17. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

It's an interesting theory -- because that kid's picture on the wall identifying Nick outside the fence with the other walkers was not the picture of a 12 year old. (But I kind of like Mika, so I hope not)

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Good point. The artwork seemed a tad below Lizzy's level didn't it lol.

19. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, we know from the filming sites that they filmed in a
    I doubt they'd go to the Quarry, nothing there to go to. Just woods. My guess is they travel around from place to place for most of the second half of this season, and then, in season 5....Alexandria :)