Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Kingdom after last night (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by yuke, Nov 13, 2017.

1. yuke

yuke Member

It seems a lot of the focus was on Ezekiel's emotional reaction to having everyone on the team except for Jerry get killed. I'm just thinking of the gravity of having what seemed to be, having 50+ fighters from the Kingdom get wiped out and what impact it will have to that group. It seems every man and woman who could fight (except for the few guards who stayed) from the Kingdom has been killed. Thoughts?

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think the situation is very grave. Not only from the aspect of losing just about all of the adult warriors in the group but to the Kings's state of mind. They may not be able to go on the offense at this point to actively participate in the war, although they've made a significant contribution already, but they now have to prepare to defend the kingdom with those who are left. Recriminations, doubts, guilt, grief are going to have to be put on the back burner until the war is over. I hope Carol and Jerry can pull the King out of his funk. In the meantime they'll have to take over until Zeke can pull it together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think just as it was Shiva's turn to save Ezekiel, it will be his peoples' turn to uplift him.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Its gonna take a while for Zeke to recover from this. He took his people so high and fell so low. All the while they believed in him and his charade as a king. Now he has to face those families about returning without all those fighters. Their loved ones. And with his loyal pet Shiva dying while saving him, he has to be blaming himself for all of this. He was serious when he said he's just some guy. I expect him to question and reconsider his status as a king in true TWD fashion. But the town will forgive him I think and pick him back up.

#4 Weallgotit, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

God, I hope you're right. I thought that last scene at the Kingdom was so powerful. Not a word spoken as Zeke puts his hand on the boy's shoulder and then walks away. He's wracked with survivor guilt, as Khary Payton said on TTD, he was a captain that wanted to go down with his ship. He'll have to decide to be the leader again. In the meantime Jerry and Carol can answer the people's questions and rally their support. If that happens, as you suggest, and he sees the people are still with him despite their losses, he'll come around because his sense of wanting to help "his people" will override any doubts. He's just that guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

At first I was a little worried about what the rest of the Kingdom might think of him after he returned with basically everyone dead. But I think he has been such an exemplary leader up until this point, plus with Jerry & Carol to back him up...I think the people will play a huge role in bringing him out of this low place.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the remaining Kingdomers will support him, but at first he will reject this support and continue to blame himself. He will go through a very low point that might last much of this season, and Carol will give him a hard time for it. It will be Carol's no bullshit "get back on your feet asshole" attitude that finally brings him around. That's my prediction anyhoot.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

but carol's in the army now and one Carol is good for at least 20 regular soldiers :p

There's also the fact that they succeeded in their mission and the compound was taken out, no enemy survivors, and guns didn't make it to Sanctuary. So if they end up winning the war it will be way easier a pill to swallow as all the dead can be celebrated as heroes who saved them all. I mean it won't be easy for Ezekiel but I think result will help the town accept his actions.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Sully

Sully Active Member

Anyone think Ezekiel will blame Rick and the group for going to war with the Saviors when he didn't want to?

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I can't really see Ezekiel blaming Rick or anyone else but himself for what happened to his people...

I definitely think Carol will play a huge role in it...I just feel like his people are really important right now, because he brought them into this war by putting on an act that he thinks is bullsh*t now. He thinks he let them all down, and that he was just some guy leading their loved ones to the slaughter. He could barely even face them when he got back. So with the help of Carol & Jerry, if everyone can show him that they still believe in him as a leader and life is still going on, then i think it'll help bring him out of this. And of course like you said, carol will probably need to push him too :)