Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The King's Overconfidence

Discussion in 'Episode 803 - Monsters' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Just look at this jackhorn. Always peeking around corners all smug and shit. Like that buffoon look on his cracker face is gonna make me run right out and buy one of his delicious burgers!?!? MAYBE!! Its far from completely certain!!

[​IMG]

And also, Ezekiel smiled in similar fashion like he took too many pain pills. Was this their downfall? Did overconfidence and vicodin lead to their failure to consider an ambush? And will this be a massacre

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah. King Ezekiel's overconfidence (in "The Damned" and "Monsters") finally caught up with him at the end of this episode. He had that shaky treaty with the Saviors, and was slowly building up an army before he met Rick, so I think its a mixture of finally getting revenge and finally getting to be the leader he's built himself up to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I'm just happy to see Carol and Jerry will make it out alive (as per the S8 trailer - remember that shot of them + Henry in the Kingdom?)

But it does seem like the majority of those Kingdommers will end up dead, Daniel and Alvaro included. We shall see!

And who is this Kingdom doctor?! She keeps getting referred to!

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I don’t necessarily think it was their downfall - I think it kept them going and they were able to get as far as they did because he seemed so confident. It does seem cheesy at times though - it reminds me of when I smile a lot to keep my daughter calm when she’s acting scared or nervous lol.

I do think they were relying too much on the walkie and shouldn’t have been standing out in the open with a building nearby - i think they were overconfident in that respect. They should have been expecting the unexpected instead of solely relying on their radio and their mapped locations.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. yuke

yuke Member

Definitely overconfident. Not sweep the building before celebrating and standing out in the open below a number of buildings? It would take just one stray savior to ruin their "not one" life lost streak to end.

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

They did everyting perfect but walking around on the battlefield like it was over. Clearly not since they DIDN'T check the compound! And there is the 50' cal.

But if Gavins outpost got the 50' cal, why is Jesus evil clone in the disk outpost?

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Ezekiel's overconfidence might have come from his never being lead or involved in any actual 'combat'. This war might be his first actual combat since the start of ZA, or ever in his life.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I assume you mean Jarred. When he noticed Morgan in 802 he had stated "I know you. Did you get transferred too?"

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I think it worked with morale and that was what they needed at the time!
    But then when Todd told Daryl where the guns were....I was like uh ohhh. Ezekiel's nieve positivity was cute. Until his gang got mowed down of course.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Oh! Now I remember! Thanks! I took it just as another taunt-joke at Morgan. But now I see why he said it. He got moved.

I mean, Ezekiel could be over confident, but not checking the buildings before you head into the field....very dumb. They know they have heavy weaponry. I do wonder what consequences this have for Dwight. I also believe the MG's will be taken out somehow and liberate Negan out of the Sanctuary, to make the war more equal I guess. Or well not equal for the good guy! Also Oceanside will be sure to join now, I even think they might already be on their way and save the good guys in a very clutch battle. Dropping down like howling Banshees, smashing bikermens skulls with bullets of vengeance.

• Like Like x 1