Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

the Latrine

Discussion in 'Episode 1009 - Squeeze' started by Woodstock, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

"The latrine is at the edge of our camp for hygiene... not privacy."

I only caught this on rewatch (sometimes I really have a hard time understanding what Alpha says).To be honest I didn't even realize that what was going on and that it was a latrine until I read about it later. I was wondering what that pit was that she threw him in, lol. I feel really stupid when I miss things like this.o_O

Anyhoo, isn't it ironic to hear the Whisperers talk about hygiene?:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Not only that, but I was thinking about all that shit on Negan’s leather coat,lol. Would the smell ever come out?

I would have thought they did their business wherever out in the woods but apparently even Alpha doesn’t want to get shit on the bottom of her shoes from accidentally trodding on it, lol. It’s actually ridiculous to cite hygiene concerns when it didn’t look like there was any provisions made for hand washing afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

How about people in Alexandria and Hilltop? Surely they've scavenged and used up all the toilet paper in the vicinity by now. What are they using instead? Leaves? Hm. These are the big important questions that keep people up at night. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I didn't know what that was until someone said it in a comment section. I think hygiene is pretty much out the windows for the Whisperers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Actually I was thinking the opposite on rewatch. She was literally standing in the latrine when she was relieving herself, I even heard a "squish" when she moved her feet (eww). I think there'd be a lesser chance of stepping on it if you just did it out in the woods and threw some dirt or leaves on it.

and nope, I really don't think that leather jacket is ever going to stop smelling after this, lol

6. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Oh yay, I wasn't the only one!

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I find it ironic.

7. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I know right? Same goes for toothpaste. There are so many things to gloss over when you're watching. I've gotten used to it really, it's like that for lots of things on TV and movies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well then, it even makes less sense because an open pit like that would be less hygienic especially if you’re standing in it.
    It’s only purpose was to have a disgusting place for her to throw Negan into to make sure he knew his place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I can't believe people who were actually watching the show didn't realize it was a latrine. It was clearly stated. Oh well, regardless, doesn't it just make you want to live like a Whisperer knowing you shit in a pit squatting in other peoples shit - and definitely no toilet paper. Ewwww, gag, puke.

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I went through the same thing. Missed it until I read about it. Lol