Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Jama, Nov 13, 2019.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yep. You picked a good time to start up on it as season 3 starts up at the beginning of March. Also you might want to watch Book of Boba Fett prior to season 3 as there is some stuff in there that is required viewing for season 3.

Andor is another one you might want to watch. Many consider it to be the best written of any of the Star Wars shows thus far.

Also when is Disney and HBO going to get together and do an Ellie and Baby Yoda team up series where Ellie teaches Baby Yoda how to curse, lol.

#21 lastcat3, Dec 9, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah I've heard good things about Andor. Will definitely watch that. I heard it has a similar feel to Rogue One, which is the last Star Wars film I really liked. My plan was to check out Boba Fett too. How was Obi Wan? I heard some mixed things on that one.

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah Obi Wan was alright and there were some mixed opinions about it. Probably the main thing was that it was originally a movie script which was expanded to be a season of television so there were a couple episodes that seemed like complete filler. Part of the disappointment was probably that some had really high expectations for it given that it was about a main character from the saga movies.

It's still worth a watch though (and better than the Boba Fett show in my opinion) but just keep your expectations in check when watching it. Just like with the movies we are going to get some tv shows that we like to love and some shows that we are meh about to outright dislike.

4. Stealth

True the expectations skyrocket too when you have Ewan McGregor onboard to reprise the role. There was a lot of criticism for the Solo movie too. That was more difficult for them because they were showing the younger version of Han Solo. I didn't mind that movie though as much as some. It wasn't great or anything, but not as bad as some people made it out to be. The worst part was that they kind of left you off with a story that hadn't fully ended, only to have it as a one and done movie.

5. Stealth

Well I'm almost done with all the Star Wars series @lastcat3 The Mandalorian is my favorite easily. It has the same sort of feel as the original trilogy and is fun to watch. I'd go with Andor as # 2. There are some slow points as they build up to the next big thing, but the payoffs are excellent. I really like where they left it in the finale.

Boba Fett isn't a very compelling lead character. I found it interesting to see more of the sand people though. The best part is the second half though when we get Mando and Baby Yoda back. And that's why I'd probably give Boba Fett the edge over Obi Wan right now.

I still have 3 episodes left to finish Obi Wan, but it's the weakest writing so far. All the Inquisitors are cheesy and over the top. I hate when they're on screen.

Ewan McGregor is great, and is the only thing that makes this watchable, even with a bad script. He would never slip and call Leia by her name in front of stormtroopers. Lots of little things like that that made me cringe.

The showdown with him and Vader was sad. The fire stops Vader from getting Obi Wan? Really? And that droid rescues him out of there? Vader would use his force powers to turn that droid into a crumpled can.

I could go on and on. It's enjoyable to watch in its own way because I like McGregor in the role, but it feels a bit like fan fiction to me. I don't know how they could have so many core Star Wars universe characters in this but have payoffs that are so far beneath the other series.

6. Stealth

I'm disappointed in Season 3 of the Mandalorian. I haven't seen the finale yet. Favreau said that fans won't hate the season anymore after seeing the final episode. That's an indictment right there of what they did. He's admitting people dislike it. And to me if something is lackluster one episode doesn't save it, but we'll see.

I was getting Boba Fett vibes in this season. It stopped being the story of Din Djarin and Grogu and just branched off awkwardly. At least in Boba Fett the focus on the Mandalorian stuff enhanced that series. Here it worked to the opposite. The fight scenes looked low budget too.