Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Many Faces of Negan: Favor for the Fat Girl? LOL

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Virginia Blake, May 31, 2020.

1. Virginia Blake

"I'm sorry for insulting you"

( how about the gift of rape instead?)

(satire in a sick & twisted way)

aka

Was Negan really Sorry? What does this scene say you about him?

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I think this scene was handled much better in the comic. Negan made a genuine attempt to apologize to Olivia, but he screwed it up. In the TV show, it was just another opportunity for Negan to be a jerk.

I really wish they went the comics' route. It would've shown that Negan has morals (even if they are twisted) and has difficulty expressing himself in a civil manner.

3. Virginia Blake

Thanks for great observations about the comics Negan (which I don't do) and what AMC did with him. Yes, the show did make him look like a sadistic jerk, getting his thrills over threatening rape after the fat joke. What they did do right in doing that, is that his behavior fits exactly the personality profile they'd been building. so much so.......when you portray a likely psycho/sociopath/antisocial, it's kinda hard to realistically portray them changing. And they have pushed the "redemption" awful hard. And he always opens his mouth and inserts foot..which shows he has not and cannot change. His likely pathology doesn't permit it.

4. JameRose

JameRose Member

Threatening rape? Reeeeeeaaally

5. Virginia Blake

Course that's Negan's quote. That's HIS point of view. as he feels he has the right to rob and pillage other people as he chooses. Can you remember the 2 reasons that justified Rick's killing of the SAviors at the POutpots?. (Course they had a scrimish before they knew who the Saviors even were) One reason is practical, but the big ones was more humanitarian. Do you remember?

6. Virginia Blake

Whoosp, sorry GERE is the replu aobut the Olivia issue. Did she seem willing to you?