Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The most boring premise of the Walking Dead IP?

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Is Anybody Out There?' started by Marc, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

So we had what? Like 15 seasons all in all?

Season 1-3 in Walking Dead to me is all about coping and learning how to survive, 3 camps, 3 seasons. Meeting people, some good, some bad. The prison and all that. Season 4 is all about losing everything and being scattered while 5,6,7 is all about establishing a lasting society and then Negan drops by. Along the road we had pretty wicked villians like Governor, Gareths Termites and even the gang of Joes to show the world is twisted and the sick and wicked trive.

Then Fear the Walking Dead? Season 1, about the outbreak on the west coast, surviving in an urban area, strangers coming together to escape. Bit of an origin story and showing the other side of the US. Season 2 as boring as it was at the start with 8 episodes of a freaking boat ride brought the group into Mexico, showing that atleast. Season 3 which I still like the most drove the plot into the whole crazy town of showing how twisted Madison could be, how nuts Troy was and the age old conflict of Taqa and Prepper man himself that I forgot the name off. Also, Native Americans repairing a crashed chopper, We already seemingly had the premise of repairing totally WRECKED vehicles but atleast Taqas folks had military backgrounds and probably a few engineers even if this too is far fetched.

BUT then we just toss all this crap out for season 4. The Vultures? Ehhhh, compared to literally all gangs, 3 angry dudes with guns took em all out. No trickery of Carols and Rick breaking out with his hobo commandos. Like with the termites. Then the crazy lady in B which was eye bafflingly dull

Season 5? Lot of "Disney" Movie tier "We can do it", "Power of heart", Really bad redemption arcs and repairing a plane. With a villian who BARELY showed itself. The whole time the "People" that seemingly was doing all the wicked shit was just some kids and the shady people in the chopper did nothing but some odd "look around". The last 2 seasons been extremely weak in the story department if they even could be considered having anything but some lose "Vultures are bad" and "Crazy lady went crazy because her husband died and no one helped her". Yes...we know all this already from watching Ricks time in the apoc after his coma. Also, can anyone imagine the Vultures trying that shit with the Governor or....god I hope he watches over them, Negan?

Also the whole "fuel is going bad". Are FTWD and TWD following the same timeline? Must be with two of the more interesting characters in Morgan and Dwight, along with my opinion Daniel, John Dorie and June. Skidmark is probably okay too. Gas going bad? Ricks hobo commandos never ever had to struggle with "Bad fuel" or is this some kind of reference to western/mid west USA that the fuel is "cheaper" and got some by product in it that makes it less "reliable" than Georgie-East Coast fuel?

Either way. This became damn long! TL;DR! Where is the damn story and consistency? Also! Whats with wheelchair mans really stupid contrapment to screw the dead? I always forget the "siblings" names! Trucker 1 and Trucker 2.

2. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

I agree. I keep waiting for something that has a semblance of a cohesive, interesting story. Can't help but wonder if they actually planned out this series or just wing it each week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Since season 4 It feels like they barely plan anything, First half had a story with a certain villian and then just swooosh! Old crazy lady. Now it is planes and crap. With no indication of how they got the plane and what happended in between. I also love to learn how Daniel manage to amount so much loot, gear and vehicles. And who put up all traps he dismantles. But that just been thrown out the window for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I'm still impressed that Daniel found such a good plastic surgeon to fix his face after a bullet ravaged it. Writers be like "oh, we'll just forget about that". It would be better if he had some hideous scar as reminder to Strand (is that his name?) of what he'd done.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

There has definitely been a decrease in quality since 4B, I think its hard to argue that. Although I'm scratching my head over your 'bad gas' complaint. Of course gas would go bad lol. Did you watch S9 of TWD? They are now travelling by horse and makeshift buggy, almost exclusively. They were trying to make biofuel in one episode.

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Maybe everyone has seen this trailer, but it was news to me on N0S4ATU: One character says something like Where are the oil fields?!?

So I guess they really are going to start refining gasoline? I'm all :rolleyes:, but I don't have a clue how a DIY method could be rigged, so maybe I will buy it. Or maybe everything will just go up in flame. I occasionally get "Go inside and close your doors and windows" warnings because I live downwind from multiple massive refinery systems, so that gives me a sense that refining gasoline is a big deal, to be avoided if possible like an apocalyptic plague. But once it must have been a one little family cottage industry, so we'll see.