Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The music box.

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by TeamShmurda, Feb 18, 2015.

1. TeamShmurda

TeamShmurda Member

Where did Carl find the box? What caused it to suddenly work when Aaron was around? Was it a way of saying it's all going to be good right now?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He said he found it somewhere when looking for water. Maybe in a cabin or something? It started to work because Daryl said he cleaned the grit out of the gears. But if I was walking for miles and had no food and little water, and somebody handed me an awkward box that I now had to carry around, I'd 'accidentally' lose that box.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Thin, blonde, musical. Starts up after being thought out of action. Obviously it is a harbinger for the return of Beth.

4. TeamShmurda

TeamShmurda Member

Exactly. In a ZA the last thing I'd want to carry is a useless box like that.

5. Sildee

Sildee Member

Maybe Carl thought it'd cause a beam of light to shine down upon Maggie and instantly remove her depression

6. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Thank you I was gonna say something similar. And because Carl has a caring heart and is thoughtful, he wouldn't hand the music box over to Abe or his father who would likely chuck it back into the woods. Females like cutesy things and that music box he thought would have helped uplifted Maggie's spirits.

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

i actually liked the ending with the storm that wiped out the walkers and not the barn, the sunrise and the music box. I think it tied in well with the struggle between Gabriel and Maggie and their loss of faith in what they used to believe. Those types of random events happen all the time and people often say things like "oh it's God" or "it's our loved one watching over us" when really it's just chance, and it continues to happen when humanity is ending...

8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It didn't start to work right away even after Daryl removed the grit. It worked once Aaron appeared.

9. Neuropyramidal

Well, it must have worked at least once after Daryl fixed it, or else he wouldn't have claimed he fixed it.

It just didn't work for a few seconds when she first tried it.

10. Baroquejen

Baroquejen New Member

I like to think that one of the interpretations that they intended was that this was Beth's way of telling them that Aaron is a good guy.

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

No. It didn't necessarily work. Daryl just assumed cleaning out the dirt would have made it work. Otherwise the others would have heard it in the barn.

12. Neuropyramidal

He wouldn't just assume that, and hand it back to her implying that it now worked, without knowing. That makes no sense. And it was daylight out by then. He might have done it outside the barn.