Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Negan/Saviors has to be massive.

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by MegaMattMKV, Mar 14, 2016.

1. MegaMattMKV

MegaMattMKV Member

Satellite Compound: 20 or so
    Daryl: About 6
    Maggie/Carol: 3

They've killed close to or more than 30 people so far, so for the Saviors to remain a threat they must be a massive group. With how easy this has been I'm getting the feeling Rick may be in over his head. I know one major detail from the comic, but from a narrative perspective this has to just be the tip of the iceberg.

Still, 30 armed troops dead plus a stockpile of their weapons is a good start to any fight between groups, but it seems there's not going to be anymore stealth engagements after tonight's episode.

2. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

Closer to 40, I'd say. Maggie and Carol killed four named characters this episode- Paula, Molls, Chelle, and Donnie- plus their back up group, and there were eight bikers. Last episode was too rapid-fire for me to be counting, but your number seems plausible. Yeah, that's more than half of Alexandria's own population. Negan is going to be *so* pissed.

#2 Tara La Reine, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

There are 4 saviour men of the 'scout crew' that got fired in the room.

4. ColorsVersatile

I would happily agree with you if this show wasn't starting to lack coherence...

I really hope the Saviors will be a massive and well organized group or else it will truly be disappointing.

Ever since the Gov, we have encountered "bad guys" groups that have all been teased to death (Terminus, Wolves) but they only last a couple of episodes once they are introduced and don't make much victims in Rick's group (if any).

The Saviors should be something really big introduced by the end on S6 and last at least over S7 if not more, in my opinion.

If not, I'll be like "meh"

#4 ColorsVersatile, Mar 14, 2016
  5. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

I'd bet that the saviors are a group of about 500-750 men and women that spread out like a spiders web stealing supplies from other survivors. Out of that larger number, I would say it would make sense to have 50% of that be the main fighting force and everyone else as subordinate to them. This would put Negan's standing militia at around 250-375people.

Ricks group has much less than that. How many in alexandria? 50-maybe tops?
    Hilltop... another 50 maybe?

He would need everyone at hilltop- and more to have a 1:5-7 chance.
    Unless they find some more rockets and start a guerrilla warfare operation to thin Negan's group out they are in trouble.

#5 Ron Lambert, Mar 14, 2016
  6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why Rick's group would be in trouble quite yet. Everyone of Negan's soldiers who know about them is dead. The only ones with any knowledge of our group are the Hilltop residents. Although I can see Gregory spilling his guts if Negan sends another group around to investigate why his soldiers aren't reporting back, Rick's group would have had a little time to remove all the ammo and anything else they can use from the satellite outpost before Negan finds them.

7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Several hundred by my estimations.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Do they look organized to you? They are clearly not Termite organized, that was the most organized group ever and they died from a "inside" job and Carol pretty much.

Negans men is a push over as of yet and they die left and right. The soccer mom crew was as indimidating as a gang of grannies. It would be extremely silly if Negan has like hundreds upon hundreds of men.

I still think it is fiting that Rick and friends kick their ass, they are pretty much the special unit of zombie killing and survival by now. I still hope they do a twist and have Negan die brutally in episode 16 to kill the hype built for him in one go. RPG to the face on his stupid truck.

The Saviour is the most silly gang there is out there. Termites > Saviours but we lost thato ne thanks to the stupid god damn Negan hype everyone got.

Guess what? Someone pointed out that the Wiki said Negan had 70 men, ****ing 70. Nor did they have much fire power in the comics. But they thrown that out the window.

9. vacinated

vacinated New Member

Why didn't Paula contact other Saviors beside the scout group and let them know what was going on. Three scouts plus Paula's group still wouldn't be enough against Rick's group. This gave the Rick and company time to take what was in the outpost.

10. EvieE

EvieE Member

My guess to that would be that would be that the large group wasn't in walkie talkie range.

11. J K

J K Member

The comic saviors are estimated to be about…

12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Eh, even if it's a large group, it's not necessarily impossible. You can make up for it by fighting with walkers, if their camp doesn't have great walls, it'll be easy to drop those numbers FAST by sending a horde into it.

13. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

dont u figure that the must have been able to relay the message back to their home base though? i mean no one really heard all that Paula said on the walkie, but if she let anyone know that Rick's group just took out an entire outpost of men, I would think they would have to send a lot more than 4 guys to tangle with that crew.

14. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

my bet is that Paula's back up may have been closer to another group who was closer to Negan, etc etc, so that something was relayed back to Negan, who will come to investigate when no one is heard from again. That's why they have satellite stations and safe houses along the way, so they can range far from home and find more communities. But this would also mean back up nearby and a way to relay messages to Negan who might be days away.

15. EvieE

EvieE Member

Yes, they would have sent more than four people, if they were in range.

16. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

just seems reckless for those 4 guys to just go into that building like that... i would have probably waited for more reinforcements. speaking of which, did Carol and Maggie know how many were coming? what if it was like 50 guys? what if there were more waiting outside other than the ones that went to the kill floor? I wouldn't have sent all my men into that building to the kill floor. gotta spread out and check the perimeter and be cautious, if not for Rick's group at least for walkers

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't. 10 people in Alexandria wiped out the biggest horde of walkers ever with hatchets, at night.

18. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Hopefully someone will get their head screwed on straight, and begin thinking about how a long term coalition will work - and should work.

1. Rick and Abraham draw upon their professional experience to organize all physically capable fighting age men & women into trained warriors. This has to be taken way beyond "guard duty" at the gate. Chain of command, established roles and responsibilities.
    2. Hilltop must be absorbed into this fighting force also as a part of a coalition of groups with a common interest in survival and democracy and rebuilding a life.
    3. Other groups (mentioned by Jesus) must be contacted quickly and also absorbed into a coalition. In this way, trade/barter is established, skills/knowledge is shared, resources expand, and importantly - the ability to foist a common defense is increased.

Even if Rick stupidly assumes the Savior threat is averted, he should assume that they will inevitably encounter similar threats. For crying out loud he was LE for years before. He knows how gangs work. And it's not like they haven't encountered organized threats before.

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think there were 5. Just over the big guys's left shoulder is what looks like part of a head of hair. Its separate from the head that turns and looks when they begin to close the door.

yeah, I think we're up to around 43 Saviors killed. We saw 21 go down at the satellite place, plus about 3 more where it was implied someone was shot, but we didn't actually see anyone go down. So maybe 24. Plus the 4 that kidnapped Maggie/Carl [28], plus the 5 burned in the kill room [33], the 8 Daryl blew up [41], and at least 2 killed by Abe and Sasha after they were ambushed while leading Walkers away [43]. She wasn't killed by Rick's group, but if you count Tina, The Saviors have lost maybe 44 people total.

20. pilight

pilight Member

Rick and company are in no danger at all. They just took out 30-40 Saviors and the only damage done was a rip in Maggie's shirt.

The show isn't the one from two years ago in which anyone can die at any time. It has lost its nerve and won't kill any of the people who arrived in Alexandria with Rick.