Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The neighbor commited suicide?

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by Ania, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Ania

Ania Member

So I was chatting about the episode with a friend today, and she asked if I picked up on the fact that the neighbor lady's note, I believe Susan is her name, was in fact a suicide letter left for her husband Patrick. She said it said something about seeing something so awful, she couldn't live with it. My friend also thinks she took that entire bottle of pills seen on the table, and then turned once she died. Anyone else pick up on this?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, that is what happened. Alicia was reading her suicide note at the end.

3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Yes, she committed suicide. Alicia saw the empty pill bottle with the tea glass when they first went to get the gun. After Nick said "Susan isn't sick , she's dead" Alicia freaked out when she realized this was also Matt's fate. I think she went back looking for clues, proof, whatever...that's when she found Susan's note.

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I missed that. For some reason, I thought that Nick had stolen the pills, but it turns out, he had found a.....more direct line, so to speak.

5. Camilleyun

That scene freaked me out!!

6. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Right? I actually said out loud 'what a sleeze.' He's making Merle look like a girlscout.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, that was sort of left open initially. When I watched the episode I thought it was suicide, but a friend of mine thought the same way you did. When Nick was doing so well at the beginning of 104 I was leaning more toward him taking the drugs too.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Merle was proud of who he was, and in a twisted sort of way I can respect his stubbornness and his "this is how I live my life" attitude. Nick, OTOH, just makes my skin crawl. It's funny how I really like the characters the two drug users on these shows.

9. Camilleyun

I miss Merle. He was such a delicious bastard. Characters don't have to be the good guy for me to like them.

10. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Yes I noticed this right away. It was definitely suicide and she probably thought by killing herself she was doing everyone a favor. Cause at this point they're still convinced its only the bites that spread the infection.

11. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i think its obvious from what the viewers have seen in the series and we know from TWD that anyone who dies comes back as a Z. Do you think EVERYONE in FTWD knows this though? I don't... but they should.

12. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I did not get that storyline at all. It did not make sense for Susan to kill herself not knowing where Patrick was. I assumed she had a heart condition or something and she spilled her pills in a seizure or just collapsed. Weak storyline.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I agree we really just don't have any info about her at all but are deliberately fed clues that say she did herself in?
    Makes little sense that we could make any conclusion about this at all until Alicia reads the Note?

I am torn between thinking it is done on purpose to throw us off or just weak plot development?

#13 EZD, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  14. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

As soon as I saw the empty scrip bottle on the table.

**Edit: there is a missing quote here**

#14 Lummsy200, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  15. Camilleyun

Really? I thought it was realistic enough to think people would opt out. The note kinda indicates that she was religious, at least to the point that she thought whatever she saw was some kind of fulfillment of Biblical prophecy:

"Patrick. If you find this, I'm sorry, if you find this I love you. I saw something today that horrified me. At first I thought it was unnatural, I thought it was an aberration. But I was wrong. What I saw was prophesied. What I saw was Godly, and I think it's overdue. I wish you were here but I will see you soon. And you will hold me. If you find this, I'm sorry. If you find this, I love you"

She clearly believes she will see him again, that he is most likely dead and that everything going on is God's will.