Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The next Call of Duty

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by Kill Denied, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Kill Denied

Kill Denied Active Member

Activision announced that there will be a new Call of Duty game releasing in 2014. (No one saw that coming)

I'm interested in what you guy's would want to see in future Call of Duty games. My ideas
    • The game should be online multiplayer-only, but injects single-player elements such as plot, character chatter, and non-player characters into its matches. - Similar to Titanfall
    • Set in 2150 and should have realistic futuristic weapons and equipment based on modern designs such as the F2000 and ARX-160.
    • A class system similar to Battlefield 4. Each class has a distinct appearance and skill set, player classes are designed to be balanced, with no class intended to be clearly better overall than any other. Weapons are not restricted to a specific class but a class can proficient in that weapon category such as the Assault class being proficient with assault rifles giving them better handling traits
    • Players should run faster and jump higher.

2. Stovy4x4ing

Stovy4x4ing Member

Just keep it the same as BO2 just about bring in new maps and weapons. But upgrade the graphics. No need to go into futuristic weapons leave it modern weapons IMO. Like I said just touch up on a few things. Make sure the target finder comes back , hell with all the haters.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kill Denied

I can agree with upgrading the graphics, but why keep it the same as BO2?

4. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

Might be abit "gimmiky" but i would like the next gen system COD to be able to buy a controller in the shape of a "SMG" "Pistol" "Assault rifle" and intergrate it into the kinect/PS4 version to use.

i want to be sitting in my room with a gun in my hand and being able to aim at the screen with pinpoint accuracy. (Almost like the Timecrisis arcade game but only alot better)

not sure how you would do this, but i would also like some kind of kick or flinch when shot into the controller so it feels as realistic as possible.

Like the other guy said the graphics need to be upped, but to do that i imagine they will have to use a new engine...?

5. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I think there are enough futuristic shooters on the market already, so we don't need CoD going down that road. I don't think truly futuristic weapons would suit the CoD franchise. CoD:BO2 walked that fine line between modern and future warfare really well with it's weapons and technology designs, so I'd be happy to see the time period stay as it is.

I'd like to see a story based on real events that could've had devastating consequences for the world, played out as though it actually happened.

And above all else, keep the MP game simple to understand, hard to master and fun to play...

6. Kill Denied

I would like the campaign to focus on the protagonist's experiences and the moral, mental, and physical hurdles they must overcome during the war.

7. Kill Denied

A futuristic setting will give the developer a lot of creativity when it comes to Weapons, Perks, Killstreaks etc. Plus the modern setting has been done to death in the FPS genre.

8. russ7000

russ7000 Member

they can go back to world war 1 or 2 like the old school COD for all i care just keep the engine similar to BOPS2

9. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

..will be my last Call Of Duty.

10. musky

musky Active Member

have a cod vietnam theme,and dont change to much stuff bo2 is head and shoulders ,better then ghost keep it simple and add more smaller maps.and i pray it,s called b,o 3.'

A futuristic setting will destroy this game we don,t need another halo keep c.o.d old school.

11. Stovy4x4ing

Stovy4x4ing Member

I agree the fusturastic stuff needs to stay away from COD.. I would love another WW2 or 1 or vietnam era type game or the Afgan stuff events would be cool. But keep the it simliar system as BO2 I agree with totally. The ghost is lame set up and confusing. Plus online is crapping out. I've gone to just playing squads now. Because i can't do shit online.

12. MegaScampi

MegaScampi Active Member

To be honest, I think the best road for Call of Duty in terms of setting is post-apocalyptic. Not the pretend p!ssy post-apocalyptic in MW3 and Ghosts, I mean straight up nuclear fallout, clouds of radioactive dust, dead plants and animals, like Fallout's post-apocalyptic setting. It allows for gunpowder weapons to still be in use and also allows for some futuristic gadgets as well.

Also I think need to be small, but very linear. Have few corridors and lots of large open spaces, and also allow for powerful close range weapons and high mobility.

13. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

Seeing as its treyarch, they will at least try to put as much innovation into the game as possible and make the best trailers. We can probably expect, if not zombies, then another similar game mode. The maps will all be good (with a few that will stand out) and the game should generally be balanced (aside from a few spawning errors.)

EDIT: the campaign will try to be set out like a film with plot twists but the storyline will end up ultimately decent but not amazing. To make up for this, however, there will be some great, fun to play action scenes like driving a vehicle or jet.

I'm hoping to see more of the choices on how to play the mission like they touched upon last year but never really properly used aside from a few missions. But overall it will have good, balanced gameplay and be a solid Call of Duty game.

14. Jacksonjack

Jacksonjack New Member

I would like the strategy to pay attention to the protagonist's encounters and the ethical, psychological, and actual physical obstacles they must get over during the war.

marc by marc jacobs | seven jeans

15. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

That'll be pretty interesting, but I don't think that's going to fit into the general consensus of COD games.

16. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol, I think you're going against this.

17. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Haha! What can say?

18. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Is your new Avatar pic supposed to show your eager face for CoD: AW?