Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The "No.." Rick scene

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by RarreKZ, Feb 15, 2016.

1. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

People have different opinions on it ofcourse, but I thought it was really well done. The way I see it, we see it from Rick's point of view, at this moment he is in a state of denial and shock which explains the "dream like" sequence.

But yeah incredible episode overall, one of the best episodes so far I must say. :)

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think the dreamlike vibe was meant to illustrate how surreal it was from Rick's pov like you say. Their deaths weren't really emotional for me, but Rick's face as Jessie goes down got me. It looked like he was lost..like left the building lost...for a minute, just an expression of utter defeat and helplessness.
    Then I was like, Jessie's dead..yay!

3. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I wasn't a great fan of Jessie either, but for Rick, she probably was some second chance for a normal life and seeing her go down, destroyed all of that.

4. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I thought that the flashbacks were more showing us that it wasn't Jessie's death per se that was crushing Rick. I mean, Rick has lost people before. But it was what she represented. The flashbacks to me had more feeling of "home" and "normal family" to them. When she went down, he lost alot more than a partner.