Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The numbers are in

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - People Like Us' started by Dnae, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ratings for sunday stand at 1.88 million and a .7 demo rating

For comparison by season 4 episodes

1 @ 4.09
    2 @ 3.07
    3 @ 2.71
    4 @ 2.49
    5 @ 2.46
    6 @ 2.31
    7 @ 1.97
    8 @ 2.32

They seemed to level out beginning with episode 3, with a drop occurring at episode 7.

I wonder how much Madison's death played a part in the drop?

And I also wonder if this is indicative of what TWD can expect when Rick is, what I assume will be, killed. The difference being that (1) we have had months to mentally prepare ourselves for his imminent departure and (2) at least IMO TWD has other compelling characters both already on the series and a few yet to show up to the party (i.e. Magna, Alpha) to move the story along whereas with Fear the only character who is somewhat compelling is Alicia. Morgan is still stale Morgan from his days in Virginia and the new characters have not yet been fleshed out enough to make me care for them at a significant level. Honestly at this point in the series the only one I would give a hoot about now (if they died) would be Alicia - and even then I would probably be over it by the time I decided to head upstairs for sleep LOL

I will say that I am ready to meet the lady who is seen talking to Morgan by a fence. She is rumored to be the next villain or at least in cahoots with a villain. She is a great actress and hopefully she can bring some tension back to the series. For me that is what is missing this season - tension. Or at the very least someone that I can "love to hate" *ahem* Troy.

The Vultures have to be the least interesting baddies of all baddies on any tv series in recent history. I want so badly to love this show the way I loved it in season 3 :(. I don't want to be that person who complains all the time. I will keep watching and hoping that there is an "AH HA" moment for me that grabs my attention and reels me back in

#1 Dnae, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Is it bad that here, two days after, I've forgotten whether we just had the first, or the second, episode after the mid-season break?? Is that an indication of my level of interest/excitement, or is it an indictment on the show/franchise and it's quality?

I'm beginning to think taking out both Nick and Madison may have been too heavy of a pruning.

Of the remaining cast, I agree about Morgan - boring, but sentimentally, cool. I really, really like Al - I don't know why, but I do. I also like John, and sorta like Laura/Naomi/June (how many more names???). I also like Strand, but beyond that, what is there?

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I like Al/Althea but that might be a bit of my Lost nostalgia creeping in!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

CANNOT STAND Al. Lol

5. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Oh, was she in Lost? I never watched that.

@PepperAnn - WHAT?? How can anyone dislike Al?? :D:p

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. PepperAnn

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I could not have said it better! Never watched lost?!? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

What do you dislike about her?

10. PepperAnn

I don't like her demeanor, the way she acts.....it's just off putting to me. I also hate her stupid "what's your story" shtick. Also, I am not fond of the actress' acting skills. *ducks again*

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

LOL well that's understandable. I've had characters rub me the wrong way before. I do get a little frustrated sometimes with her reporter act, especially in the middle of a gun fight lol. Overall I like her though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I like all the new characters introduced in S4. They are a pretty motley mix of personalities and the new showrunners were smart to do this reboot with fresh faces. I'm liking season 4 so far, although it has its flaws just like any show, and it doesn't seem to be gripping the general audience. It is slowly but steadily losing viewership, but still, at just under 2 million in ratings, is a soft flagship show for AMC.

As for TWD predictions regarding the Madison/Rick analogy, I think there are going to be some competing factors at play here. No doubt it will lose some viewers due to the loss of Rick. At the same time, with all this talk of Rick/Maggie leaving, and the large time jump with a brand new reboot of the show, I think we are going to regenerate a lot of temporarily lost viewers who were tired of the drawn out Negan arc, and have been begging to get back to TWD roots and a fresh restart.

There is more buzz over Season 9 than there has been the last couple seasons, so it will be fun to see which of these opposing forces wins.

My prediction is that we will get quite a spike in viewership in episodes 901 [people curious of the fresh new beginnings] as well as 905 and 906 [people curious about Rick's and Maggie's exit, as well as the reboot after the huge time jump]. I think it will be a repeat of the 701 spike, where everyone tuned in to see people's brains getting bashed in. The episodes in between 901 and 905 I think will also enjoy coasting on the general curiosity of the viewership, and will probably be noticeably increased compared to 8B averages.

After these spikes, we will of course settle back down to long term viewership numbers [a concept that NoMora infamously failed to comprehend a couple seasons ago], and I predict the fresh reboot will also boost these numbers a bit above 8B. For awhile anyway.

Worst Case Scenario is probably that at the end of the day Season 9 brings in about the same, or a bit less average viewers than S8. Worst case. And even in this worse case scenario it will be AMC's flagship by a span of millions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It will all depend on the writing. Twd has a stronger cast of characters that should keep people interested. Fear killed off the two most interesting characters and the writing has been terrible. No real reason for people to stick around.

Twd has a stronger fan base, more characters to spread the focus to, and as long as the writing is solid in those first 6 episodes, I think twd will be fine. I'm sure the numbers might drop some, maybe even go up depending on how well the season is written. I suspect a drop off but not that dramatically. Fear is looking at numbers that make me surprised they already renewed it for season 5.

But if the numbers stay that low or drop even more, I suspect season 5 will be the group heading to Alexandria.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was loving the direction Dave Erickson was steering Fear towards and I was so bummed to find out that season 3 would be his last as showrunner.

And I agree, as much as it pains me, that with these new showrunners the show has taken two maybe even three steps back

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I wanted to like the Al character. It's not just due to the Lost connection, but Maggie Grace had another good role in Californication. But I'm drifting away from the character after liking her at the start.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sadly, I find myself drifting away from most of the characters. I still like Alicia, and I like Althea (again that might be residual Lost feels)

17. PepperAnn

Al can suck it. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I do think TWD will see a similar reaction when Rick goes. There are more fan favourites there, yes, but we've also been following him specifically for 8 years. Can definitely see a lot of people feeling like that's where the story ends for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am late to the party.

I think Season 4 is interesting, but it feels like we should had 1-3 seasons before this, Proctor John was just left in the open, Troy should been up for season 4, Daniel Salazar just disappears and Luciana is randomly found.

Also, I am still stalwart on that someone will end up in TWD from the FTWD gang. They are really jusst chomping away at their numbers and the new characters might aswell just be a "reinforcemence" for Ricks Hobo commandos, already established in FTWD so they won't be as "who the fecking frickles are you?" for fans of the shows.