Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

'The Oath' Webisodes are up

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Webisodes' started by Tony Davis, Oct 1, 2013.

1. cdrei

cdrei New Member

Interesting idea. My first thought is that if they're going to do variations-on-a-theme homage type stuff within the same fictional universe as the main story... that's just confusing. It occurs to me that if the only real echo of Days Gone By is the warning painted on the doors, then perhaps there's a backstory to the phrase used. Perhaps the media and the authorities were advising the public to paint that as a standard warning on doors behind which the walkers were trapped. That could explain the whole thing.

Unfortunately, if that was ever the intent, the backstory of the phrase becomes more interesting than the webisodes we were shown. The Oath sort of wanders around and never really gets to anything like a climactic payoff until we're shown that familiar warning on the doors. Unless these shorts are a setup for something we'll be shown later, it seems like the link back to Days Gone By must have been the point of the whole thing. But then... why be so sloppy as to get the set details apparently wrong?

Either this is some kind of prelude to something we'll be shown later, or it was just not very impressive storytelling, I'm left to decide. It feels like filler material, like the eight songs that all sound the same on an album with one or two otherwise strong recordings. All surface, no story. Or something.

2. ZombieJihad

ZombieJihad New Member

webisodes are awesome. i'm surprised they don't get more traffic.

3. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Bitergram has to be a classic in the lexicon.

4. Clemonsly

Clemonsly Member

It was not bad even though it felt pretty forced to me.

5. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

This was not the same hospital like Chieffy765 the layout is completely different. Rick had to ho down several flights to get out where this entrance and floor was all ground level.

6. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Might be. I said that because of the message on the doors. And I do agree about the layout. It wasn't the same to me either.

7. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

It was a good story