Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The pale horse and the bridge.

Discussion in 'Episode 904 - The Obliged' started by Chr1s, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Revelation 6:8

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

As soon as I saw the "pale" horse, I knew this was it. Given the preview after the show, we will see Rick (death) riding the pale horse and the walkers (hell) will follow him.

Given what we have seen in the preview, I'm thinking he leads them to the bridge and lets the bridge fail and wash the horde out to sea, like Daryl said. Which would be another amazing metaphor with Rick destroying the bridge. Both literally and metaphorically. Finally ending the desire to work with the saviors. I figure the "bad" saviors will be killed off at the camp a the "good" ones will become part of the other communities. Ending the saviors for good.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was just talking about this last night, and how I wonder if he'll lead the walkers to the bridge, collapsing it, and everyone will see that what they are doing is destroying everything they are trying to build (figuratively and literally, with the bridge being a symbol of that).

Good post!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

GREAT post!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It could go so many ways. Maybe Rick dies on the rock, taking himself out before the walkers get to him and his entire arc in the episode is just his hallucination as he's dying. Maybe even have the group come back to only find his gun on the ground. It would mirror Lori's death in there is no body, also leaving speculation. It would also mirror the pilot episode. Thrown from a horse he takes himself out. Only this time there is no tank and no Glenn to save him from shooting himself.

Or it could go where Rick leads them to the bridge like I think. It would be so amazingly metaphorical. Especially if he arrives around the time Carol and company are taking out the "bad" saviors. Would be a fitting climax to the entire savior arc, finally.

Either way, I am loving the symbolism and metaphors in the way Kang and her crew write and direct.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Awesome post my friend!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tsahi

tsahi Member

Rick said he won't sacrifice the bridge, so he won't sacrifice the bridge. What he will do remains to be seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Rick does follow through on his word, however, he didn't plan on being impaled on a spike. Maybe he decides it's his last resort to save everyone from the 2 merged hordes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Well, in all fairness he also said he was going to kill Negan. Like a bunch of times.

I believe Rick believed he didn't want to destroy the bridge. But maybe these hallucinations help him realize that in order to heal the collective he must first literally and symbolically destroy the bridge. Eugene himself said the bridge was a high risk of failure so it's almost inevitable anyway.

Maybe he realizes that the bridge won't hold anyway, chooses to destroy it in order to get rid of the horde and protect the group, and it allows Eugene to come up with a better, stronger bridge. One that they will name the "Rick Grimes Bridge". Or something to that effect.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. PepperAnn

REBAR!!! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Beat me to it......... And I'm not bitter about Rick not keeping his word.....[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Rick, being faced with no escape and impending consumption puts his python to his head and takes himself out. His last gasp is "Koral" in Citizen Kane "Rosebud" fashion.

Yeah I won't quit my day job.

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it, I put serious thought into my theories and I'm batting .000. So there's that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. PepperAnn

They are entertaining though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Not sure if that's a compliment or a pat on the head and a "You'll do better next time."

I also have a theory that Dr. Strange actually killed half the Avengers and not Thanos, but that's for a different forum I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PepperAnn

It's a compliment. Although some of your theories make me laugh because I don't know how you come up with them. LOL

Others are really good!

So they both entertain me. :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Fair enough. My theory that teddy bear zombie girl was Daryl's Daughter was pretty far out there....but I still like it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PepperAnn

THAT'S the one I was trying to remember. Lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Rick will definitely not shoot himself in the head unless he is bitten. No way he commits that type of suicide knowing he has Judith at home. He'll shoot until his last bullet is gone trying to get back to her vs peacing himself out.

The only "suicide" he commits is the heroic bridge death should it come down to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. tsahi

tsahi Member

And I'm sure he intended to. The only reason he didn't is Carl's request. And later he realized he better have Negan alive than dead.