Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Passage

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 10, 2018.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The time jumps on TV. I was talking about the TV show. Everything that showed the main doctor and his wife (except possibly the part where she was in a wheel chair and didn't know where she was) was showing things from the past.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This is my absolute favorite book series of all time. And I am totally not interested in catching up on the tv show. LOL

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't remember really having a problem with the time jumps, but perhaps they could have made them more obvious. I like the show so far, and think it has potential, but it hasn't sunk its teeth in me yet the way things like TWD, Preacher, Fargo, GoT, Mr. Robot etc do. But I find it definitely above the average background noise of prime time TV. I will keep tuning in. I think it will be especially interesting when they get

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I really want to like this show, but I'm still in "skeptic mode". After 2 rather slowly moving episodes where the show focuses more time on the relationship between "Zack Morris" and the girl, than it does with the main premise of the show (Vampire apocalypse and her special telekinetic powers?).

I appreciate the character development and the writer's/producer's attempt to "set the table" for the show and it's plots and getting to know more about the characters. But I feel they are taking this too slow.

At some point, they've gotta punch fans in the gut with something....

I want that "Holy shit!! Jaime Lannister just shoved a kid off of an effing tower!!!" moment. I knew right then and there, that I couldn't afford NOT to watch GoT.

I want that "I'm the one who walks!" moment. Walter White made me want to cook meth, instead of smoking it. That's powerful. And.... I never wanted to miss an episode of Breaking Bad because of it.

This show has a lot of things I like, but I'm worried, because they haven't hooked me. I'll keep watching, but they need to reel this big fish in sooner rather than later.

5. Neuropyramidal

Was that an "i'm the one who walks" moment, or an "i'm the one who knocks" moment, cause I'm picturing Walter white at a busy inner city intersection...."I'm walking here!!!" :p.

I can't decide what to think to be honest. To me it doesn't seem slow. It seems... jerky. It kind of jerks around a bit in fits and starts. There is a bit of a problem with pacing, I agree, but to me slowness isn't it. I feel like we've discovered quite a bit in 2 episodes.

But maybe we are viewing it with novel goggles the same way we view Walter Matthau with beer goggles. Like...i think he's hot right? Or has the potential if he'd shop at Banana Republic??? I need to asses his overall look in the morning thru sober eyes..."

I'm not sure what that last paragraph was about, I think I had a reaction to leftover eggplant, but anyway, I agree this show has lots of things I like, and other things I raise my nosebrow at. I'm hoping my nosebrow can rest easy for the remainder of the season. It has boogers to collect.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I don't thing your version would've had the same impact, unless Hector said it and then rose from his wheelchair.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

Have you read the books?

EDIT.....apparently not. LOL

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

hmmm.... I "thing" that it's super funny when one pokes fun at someone else's typo, while making a typo.

LMAO I don't know what the heck happened there. I just watched that episode last week too. It's kind of hard for me to claim that I'm a Breaking Bad super fan when I can't even get the quotes right. Good thing I wasn't counting, right? lol

#48 Jama, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. PepperAnn

Asshole. Lmao

12. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

Yeah, I got those as time jumps. It seemed clear as Fanning was human in these scenes and they were talking about attaining funding.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Anyone still watching this? I have really been enjoying it, even with the differences to the books. Looks like things are going to really kick off next week...

14. PepperAnn

I still have yet to start it. As such a huge fan of the books I don't want to be let down. Lol

15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the last episode and I'm very excited for tonight's?

They took some very much needed steps with character development and how these characters will affect the plot going forward.

But what do I know? I didn't read the books like some people, so my opinions about this TV show aren't as important as someone who's read the book, but not watched the show yet. lol

16. PepperAnn

When did I give my opinion?

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

@PepperAnn who said you gave your opinion?

I was afraid of the same thing, but it's been really good, despite my whining about the changes previously. The relationship between Amy and Wolgast really holds things together. I don't think you'll be let down.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PepperAnn

Sounds like that's what Jama was saying. LOL

Ok, I will check it out On Demand.

19. Neuropyramidal

I'm still watching. I just finally watched last night's episode just now. I like it, and I'm hoping I will enjoy it more once the real outbreak starts. Which looks like maybe next episode? At first when I heard Zack Morris was Wolgast I kind of figured this show was going to be cheese. But he's growing on me. As are many of the other characters.

The editing is a little choppy at times, and at times it almost has the feel of a procedural drama, but overall i'm good with the show, and I think those formulas will dissipate once the shit really hits the fan.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Who said I was talking about you, woman!? Stop being such a narcissist. Gawd!

• Funny Funny x 1