Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Pike Line Up

Discussion in 'Episode 915 - The Calm Before' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 24, 2019.

1. TheJudge

TheJudge Member

I think the reveal was great. The only character on the pike that impacted me was Enid. She was very likable.

Tara needed to go several seasons ago....as her character was always worthless and took up valuable screen time from other far more compelling characters. She was idiotic and, I'm glad they pointed that out in tonights show when Michonne reminded her that she was on the other side of the fence with the Governor. We lost one of the greatest characters on the show (Herschel) and replaced him with Tara. Worst trade in history of T.V., sports, or anything in the universe.

And how do the Whisperers have guns, yet nobody else is packing??? Where did all those guns go? Those same guns where they sprayed a thousand rounds on the windows at the saviors lair? Everyone had a gun and it was like WWIII during the saviors battle. Everyone was a dead shot. So is the answer that all the ammo was used on the windows?? lol.

So now the whisperers roll in and it is like that part of the story was forgotten and we have to pretend that everyone is now nuked back to the stone age?? Yet somehow, the whisperers, even though they are trying to live like animals...can still pull out a sawed off shotgun....and nobody else has any guns even though they know a threat is out there?? Jesus.

Henry was annoying as well. They portrayed him as a dumb kid, kind of like Carl in the beginning, except Henry was older and should have known better. The impact it had on Carol was well done though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

The reveal was terrific, intercut with people looking for them.

It was horrible to have so many good people killed at once. Even the ones I barely knew were knives in my heart, so no question about sufficient impact for me.

I feel bad now for criticizing Henry. He would have done well with the young love story line.

Tara long ago became a favorite character with her wacky sense of humor and honesty.

Enid was moving so gracefully through life into being a critically important adult member of the community.

I think Tammy Rose died only because she loved a little baby that Alpha had casually ordered to be killed, and you don't cross Alpha even if you've never met her.

I really, really, really liked the Highway Men and I'm disappointed their numbers are so quickly diminished. It didn't take me but a second to embrace them.

Every one of the murders mattered to me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Actually, Tammy Rose wasn’t bad mouthing the Whisperers at all. She and Earl were talking about naming the baby Adam. Earl said he knew an Adam in school and he was an asshole. Tammy Rose jokingly replied, “Are you sure you weren’t the asshole?” They laughed and walked on but it seems Alpha was going to make them pay for taking the child in.

#23 purriwinkle, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I liked the reveal. It went from people we hardly knew to ones we were familiar with. I was surprised both Tara and Enid are dead though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. purriwinkle

Oh. Now that’s even more confusing. If the barn was outside the Kingdom boundaries how the hell were they taken out?

Even though the fair was open to all, wasn’t there still sentries at the gate? I’m assuming that’s the only way in and out. Now I can see Alpha walking up behind one of her victims, sticking a knife to their backs and telling them to act as if nothing is wrong while they walk together back out of the fair but how many times could she do that and not arouse suspicion?

Not only that but how would she have gotten some of her victims alone? Henry I can see because he went down to the boiler room to check on the pipes, but the others?

And how did Alpha get into that fair to begin with if the ambushed cart from Hilltop was left behind on the road? Did she walk up to the gate in her disquise and pretend she had walked all the way from Hilltop, alone? No questions there? Did no one from Hilltop recognize their fellow citizen, even though she had been living there five years? She couldn’t have been hard to miss with that long blonde hair, hat and dress.

I would have felt better if they had showed how this was accomplished cause I find it totally unbelievable and I usually don’t feel this way even though some very improbable things have happened over the years.

6. purriwinkle

I agree about their guns. Seems they let their guard down. I said it in another thread but I’ll say it again. I think it was a rotten thing to do to Carol, to have her lose another child.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

With the death of Frankie and DJ, the remaining Saviors who we have actually seen alive after the 6 year jump are pretty well on their way to extinction. There's Negan, of course. Laura. Alden. Gracie. A very small handful of unnamed saviors that have incorporated into the other communities, like WF Bell who now works as the Hilltop millwright. That's all I can think of, although we may still see people like Potter, Tanya and Brooke in the future. They and others were still alive as of Rick's departure. Not sure if they died when the Sanctuary "fell" as Jed put it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Thought it was great! Loved Carol's subdued reaction towards Henry...and even to the last sec, I was thinking it could still be Zeke, even after the clip with him and Lydia.

I was sad about the Highway men...why introduce em to just pike em?! :(

And I was mostly shocked at Tara because that wasn't someone I expected. Enid was sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. yuke

yuke Member

She probably looked at the list of actors who wanted to leave the show and downselected from there.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

My take on the lack of firearms ammo the communities have vs the Whisperers is simple.

The communities used their ammo namely for war but mostly on walkers so take into account Negan hinted at a lack of ammo which Eugene had to make at the Sanctuary in AOW. The "ammo" was to be used for war against humans.

The Whisperers however are intertwined with the walkers meaning they probably use very little to no ammo on walkers (which I believe the majority of ammo is used on) so therefore they're able to conserve it just in case they run into combat vs humans where they seemingly only threaten to shoot they probably have very little to begin with.

Long story short lol I feel everyone is hurting for ammo and the communities no longer have the manpower nor facility (Sanctuary) to make it in abundance any longer while the Whisperers have slightly more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Double post:

As for the lineup it is unreal how many people were killed or murdered in one fell swoop (10 so far but I have suspicions more are coming in the Finale).

The only time I remember this many people being killed or murdered was the herd taking over Herschel's farm and Rick & Co killing the Hunters entire group in the church.

?

• Like Like x 1
  12. purriwinkle

I think they should establish a buddy system now. Lol Seriously, each community needs to take a good look at who belongs there. Then nobody goes anywhere alone to make it harder to infiltrate their ranks. I just can’t believe that no red flags went up with so many people just up and disappearing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

This was Saddiqs version of events. It could have played out differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. purriwinkle

Th
    That's the problem I'm having as Saddiq didn't say how everyone was captured and brought to the barn under everyone's noses. Unless I missed something he started the narrative once everyone was assembled in the barn with DJ and Ozzy making their rescue attempt which allowed them to band together and try to fight their way out.

15. Sharpie61

What he said, and what really happened, may be 2 different events. I really don’t want to call him a liar, because we just don’t know at this point.
    I am finding it hard to believe they left him alive to relay what happened. Something had to happen that they let him live.

16. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I'm rather hoping, at some crucial moment, it will be revealed that Alpha's sawn off isn't even loaded...

17. yuke

yuke Member

speaking of guns, didn't The Highwaymen have guns?

18. purriwinkle

Aah, so You're suggesting, dare I say it, collusion, lol, on Siddiq's part with Alpha? I don't think it's unusual to leave one witness alive to give testimony as to what happened. The fight's ramping up so we'll see what the Doc does now.

I Don't see where lying would get him anywhere.

#38 purriwinkle, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Yup! They had at least one. Musket looking gun lol

20. Sharpie61

He could have offered up the location to Alexandria. That would be treasonous.