Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Pike Line Up

Discussion in 'Episode 915 - The Calm Before' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

If they left siddiq alive to warn others, why spare Daryl's group?

If she already warned Daryl to stay off, why the need for Siddiq?

Were the piked heads animating? Some said they were, some said no. I couldn't tell. Looked like idle heads to me.

I didn't see a dead Oceanside head.

2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

No one from Oceanside died. Two Highwaymen, one Kingdommer, two Alexandrians, and five Hilltoppers were among the piked heads.

Maybe they wanted Siddiq to be able to tell their story. You can fight back but you will all die. Aka the captives all fought but still died.

And yes some of the heads animating,very subtly. Their mouths were moving.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Wow. Upon rewatch that pike scene was powerful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think there’s a method to Alphas madness and some posters have given plausible reasons as to why she chose the victims she did but then why did she let Daryl’s group go? I think because she discerned that this group were elite fighters and Beta might have told her Daryl almost handed him his ass. Didn’t she say to Daryl, I hope you can keep my daughter safe, or something to that effect? She wants the best people protecting her daughter even if it’s from herself, because there certainly will be conflict.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I have similar explanation. I think Alpha was more afraid of the 4 united communities than she showed on her face. If she killed Daryl's group, it would certainly start a war and she knew the Whisperers would be wiped out. So, she revealed her trump card (ie showing the massive herd) and pretended to be mercy (ie letting Daryl's group go) in order to maintain peace (in order for the Whisperers to survive).

• Like Like x 4
  6. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I am not entirely convinced that Alpha actually choose her victims that ended up on the pike.

I don't think she has penetrated the communities with enough time to be able to tell who is who, just a casual stroll around the fair doesn't her give her that information.

I also don't think it was possible for her to have kidnapped so many people unnoticed. Kill on the spot, may be, but overcoming someone and take them outside of the fair without being seen and heard, and do it ten times? I doubt it. May be Siddiq can relate to others how she did it. Did she have a jug of chloroform or something?

I think she just picked who she think are weak and easy prey. May be the teenagers were drunk after the movies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. purriwinkle

I feel the same way. Even if some of the people were alone when she “kidnapped” them, how did she spirit them away unseen? She most certainly didn’t chloroform them cause dead weight would have been even harder to move. I wonder if any of the buildings are on the periphery of the compound? Could some of the women have gone into a house to use the bathroom where they were jumped, then forced to exit via a back window where they were handed off to some of her followers?

• Like Like x 1
  8. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

She did know about Michonne. She mentioned her surprise that she attended to the King. I thought that was weird. She had to pick that up there, right?
    She wasn't necessarily alone in there? I don't know. She lures them in, a few others overpower?
    I'm guessing she lured them away for a variety of reasons. Taking the teens would probably have been easy, but the others would fight hard. Maybe asking Siddiq or Enid for medical assistance? Tara was on her way to get her gear which was probably in a building. She must have taken her by surprise.
    I don't feel like I really need to know.
    The way they told the story had enough impact for me not to wonder much about the details I guess.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes, I think Alpha overheard some woman mentioning her surprise of seeing Michonne and so she mimicked that line.

Also, I think Siddiq said he fell unconscious by being hit from behind. So, this is how he was taken down. But then, the mystery is still there that how so many of them were transported out without being noticed.

10. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I don't think Alpha was the only whisperer at the fair and I wouldn't be surprised if Alpha only picked people, but played no part in capturing them. She spent too much time strolling and stalking Lydia to actively kidnap 7 people.

3 men were killed after interfering, but she chose 3 teenagers, 2 women, an elderly woman, and Siddiq. However, Tara was the leader of Hilltop, but Alpha may not have known this.

I think she tried to pick people that would work better for intimidation than would outright start a war (i.e. killing Daryl's group).

I totally understand Alpha not killing Daryl and Co. because she came across two community leaders and the guy who beat Beta. She wants these people to protect Lydia and she also doesn't want to start a war outright, instead Alpha is essentially treating these communities like her daughter's babysitter.

It's actually win-win, she doesn't have to worry about her daughter making her look weak, they'll protect Lydia, and she made a statement with the border that she hopes will scare our crew into leaving the Whisperers alone.

#50 GrungeMan, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Love how she says "conflict"!

Also I will be so pissed if Siddiq had anything to do with the victims being killed. Carl saved him and that's how he pays it forward?

I hope not but after reading these posts and not seen the entire ep makes it seem very suspicious for that many people to have been taken and leaving Siddiq as the informant.

Probably were other plain clothes Whisperers there lol which was kinda funny seeing Alpha dolled up in disguise, accent and all showing cleavage.

One of the men shoulda holla'd at her and taken her somewhere for a lil action, she would've completely forgot about "conflict".

#51 WillyJakkz, Mar 26, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I hope it’s not Siddiq, I don’t think it is. They sure set it up to make all of us think that (same way many of us thought Ezekiel would die after him and “Debbie” went off to the clothing booths). If there is a traitor at all, I have no idea who could it be. Def isn’t Lydia after that scene between her and Alpha.

13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I’m loving Lydia. The way she stood up to her lifelong abuser was awesome. And the actor is SO GOOD. I’m waiting for the day her confidence doesn’t make her feel she has to hug herself and make herself small all the time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. barbell43

barbell43 Member

The experienced fighters (Tara, Sadiq, Enid and a few others) were captured together on the road on the way to Hilltop.

15. barbell43

barbell43 Member

The experienced fighters (Tara, Sadiq, Enid and a few others) were captured together on the road on the way to Hilltop.

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Henry was more than likely nabbed when he was attempting to fix a pipe (which is where he was headed after leaving Lydia on the park bench)

Enid was suppose to be in the audience watching Alden perform but of course she never made it.

Tara did not leave with Kal, Dianne and company to travel back to Hilltop. She was set to leave the following morning. She was staying behind to work out details with the other communities about training and locations for training. Hence the reason Gabriel was searching for her.

Alpha is a sneaky one. I imagine she had others from her camp get cleaned up and infiltrate Kingdom and when the opportunity presented itself (finding individuals away from the crowds) they overpowered them and took them by surprise. Everyone's guard was down within those walls. Her captives for the most part were random, no rhyme or reason. Tara may have been taken because she was recognized. Henry was the only one that I can see as being deliberately taken

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. I am Legend

I am Legend Member

As we all know by now, the heads in the comics were 12, while in the show we got just 10.
    Aren't anybody else thinking that maybe those 2 missing will go as well soon?

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

18. purriwinkle

I still say it was a bathroom snatch then out a back window when it came to the women and that one teenage boy, lol. Ya gotta go some time.

Enid had been watching Alden rehearse for awhile. Honey, I’ll be back, just gotta hit the loo.

Tammy Rose who had been holding Adam all day but we don’t have any evidence the baby was snatched or harmed. Earl, will you hold the baby while I make a trip to the ladies room?

Addie tells her friend, I gotta use the can. Walk over with me. When she doesn’t come out he gets worried. Addie, you all right in there? No answer. I’m coming in....BOOM! They have him too.

Tara goes to get her gear. On the way she figures, I better use the bathroom cause it’s gonna be a long ride and you know the rest.

Just sayin’ weak bladders = goner....LOL

#58 purriwinkle, Mar 26, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
  19. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

When Alpha asked Ezekiel to show her the clothing booths, I assumed it was to gather clean clothes for the other Whisperers so they could sneak in too. The fact that many of the community members didn't know each other made me believe that the others were duped just like Zeke? Seems like too many people around for some kind of abduction scenario?

Knowing how it ended, that scene with Zeke and Alpha is even more chilling. Ezekiel actually welcomed and then helped his son's killer - still doesn't even know it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhh you is a smart cookie!! That never occurred to me