Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

the preview for #134 is out!

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by WolfSkulker, Nov 7, 2014.

1. WolfSkulker

WolfSkulker New Member

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[h=1]THE WALKING DEAD 134 PREVIEW[/h][FONT=helvetica_neuerboldcond]by Brian HuntingtonNOVEMBER 7TH, 2014

[FONT=helvetica_neuerboldcond]SHARE ON FACEBOOK [FONT=helvetica_neuerboldcond]SHARE ON TWITTER
    [FONT=helvetica_neuerboldcond]SHARE ON EMAIL[/FONT] [FONT=helvetica_neuerboldcond]SHARE ON PRINT[/FONT] [FONT=helvetica_neuerboldcond]MORE SHARING SERVICES[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    It’s The Walking Dead issue 134 Preview!
    [​IMG]
    THE WALKING DEAD #134
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO, & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    OCTOBER 22
    $2.99

“From whispers to screams.”
    [​IMG]

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Awesome preview. This is supposed to eb a big issue for Carl so I wonder what's up with him. I don't think it's the whisperers (yay official name!)

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

So, Jesus has a friendly chat with the whisperers. I don't think it will go well for them.

Walkers omnomnom somebody.

And Carl's eye-hole is bleeding... Maybe the bullies hit him in his blind side?

5. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Oh no, looks like some bad things are going to happen. Or not. :p Since Kirkman's a relentless tease.

6. MantisTaboganMD

1. Jesus is about to beat some ass of biblical proportions(pun intended)
    2. Maybe(hopefully) someone broke Carl's glasses. Either way his eye hole is bleeding. Can't my boy catch a break?!
    3. The Whisperers, I'm loving this arc so far. I haven't been around here in a while, but I've been keeping up and their reveal was so good. Just a bunch of creepy mutha'uckas, I love it.

#6 MantisTaboganMD, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I am so upset about that bleeding eye socket right now. I hope it turns out not to be as bad as it looks.

8. JoeTzu

JoeTzu Active Member

Don't know if it's better or worse, but it appears the blood is coming from his head; running down his forehead; to his orbital margin.

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this issue. Some big things might happen with Jesus and the whisperers (?). Also Carl probably had a fight or something...

10. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Yeah, can't wait to see Jesus go ham on all those whisperers. Looks like he's going to have to put down Darius as well. I don't think he'll just let him get eaten. Can't wait to read the conversation Jesus has with them either. I'm willing to bet he'll be able to pry more info out of them than anyone else has. Especially because he takes one prisoner.

I can't help but laugh though. Because if you remember; when the Whisperers attacked Dante and his men; they made the comment-"They're good. Very good". But they ultimately were able to take Dante and his men through surprise. I wonder what they think about Jesus after witnessing his combat prowess? LOL

Also, this is the issue that Kirkman keeps saying is going to "be a big one" for Carl. I think it's finally "Carl's time", if you know what I mean. Rick tired, and settled in, having now assumed the role of benevolent politician and wise and merciful ruler. I think many of the arcs to come will find Rick stepping out of the spotlight, and Carl stepping into it. Carl will be doing a lot of evolving, and coming of age in the arcs to come. After all, he is Rick's rightful heir. And although he's go a long way to go, I think he will prove himself to be worthy, and deserving to respect and leadership.

This issue will be the beginning of Carl's evolution into manhood. Which as we all know is a long and varied journey. What I think will happen in this issue, which will be the catalyst that starts Carl's development into manhood, will be some sort of issue with his peers. You see, this is the first time Carl has been away from Rick. Completely on his own, left to think for himself, fend for himself, make his own choices, protect himself, and make his way in the world. And, as well all know, people worship Rick, and Carl as well(Carl Grimes(!!!!!!!!!)); having heard of all their exploits, experiences and endeavors. Those of which have become nothing short of legend among the communities. Rick is viewed by many as "superhuman"; and they expect Carl to follow in his footsteps. Thing is, which with all this love and hero-worship, will also come hate, envy, things of that manner. I have a feeling; Carl is going to have a run in with the same group of bullies who were victimizing that boy when Sophia intervened. I think it will be something along the lines of them ganging up on him while he walking home; something like-"Oh if it isn't the "great Carl Grimes", walking home all alone. Where's your famous daddy anyway? Did he leave you here all alone? Finally cut the strings, daddy's-boy? Hahahaha"-Carl will attempt to ignore them and laugh it off, but they'll continue to dog him, relentlessly. They'll begin to take low blows, poking fun at his eye-hole, possibly taunting him with the details of stories they've heard, possibly about Lori, and Judith, and all he's been through. He'll continue to keep his cool, but the bullies will be frustrated by the fact that they're not getting to him. Finally they'll just cut him off and surround him. Saying something like-"What makes you and your daddy so damn great anyway? I think I'd like to find out"-Then one of them will shove Carl. He will attempt to be a pacifist, but his temper gets the better of him. An unfair fight breaks out, and Carl definitely gets his licks in, but they inevitably gang up on him and take him down before it's broken up. He most likely gets blindsided in the fight, on his right side where his injury is. This is what causes the wound to seep, as scar tissue tears easily. Old wounds always reopen. But this is just the first in a long line of trials and tests on his rise to power. This type of thing is to be expected. People are going to want to test him, to push him, to take his measure. After all, Carl cannot expect to gain respect by being his father's son. He will receive the exact opposite. Carl's respect and intimidation must be earned on his own. And it will.

Although; I can't help but wonder if we may have a bit of an issue #70/#71 redux of sorts; with Carl and his pistol? We know he still carries(one of the few seen still carrying a firearm this far into the ZA, Andrea being another); and I think it would be safe to assume that he's most likely the only kid his age at the Hilltop who is armed with a loaded firearm. I'd absolutely love to see how the bullies would react if Carl drew down on them. But that would kind of defeat the purpose of his evolution. Drawing down on a couple weak and cowardly bullies just to show off your "machismo" is the polar opposite of what a man would do.

I'm really excited for the near future of the series. I can't wait to finally see Carl become a man, and a leader in the community.

11. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

No big. It's to be expected that little punk-ass kids and even some men alike are going to want to "test" Carl, now that Rick isn't around. They hear the stories, the legends, and the haters and envious don't buy the hype. They want to see for themselves what makes these people so "great". It's par for the course, there will be whispers, and sidelong glances from the unsavory adolescents, and bullies. This will lead to a relentless barrage of taunting, hazing, bullying, people wanting to test Carl, push him, take his measure. After all; Carl can't expect to just be respected by his father's reputation alone. If he expect to be the heir to his father's throne, he's going to have to earn his own respect and clout. To do this, he's going to have to give the non-believers a reason to believe; no matter what that may entail.

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's about what I'm thinking. It's the bullies. Either out of envy like you said, or they do it to get back at Sophia. I don't think he'd draw on them. Drawing on some unarmed kids during a fistfight sounds like a really good way to get himself exiled back to the ASZ. Lol. And I think he's smart enough to know that.

I think the fight goes one of three ways. The first way which came to my mind would be if he begins to fight back and Sophia shows up and they both turn the tide of the fight together. Option b, the least likely IMO, is that he somehow uses some dirty fighting (or maybe Jesus gave him some Krav Maga he didn't mention to Sophia. Hehe) to turn the tide of the fight and make the bullies back off. The third, and honestly the way I anticipate it will go is sort of like when that guy beats the shit out of Tom cruise on the last samurai. In the beginning of the fight he is almost holding his own, but eventually (likely when his wound opens and he is blindsided) they get the better of him and beat him down. But every time he falls, he gets back up ready for more. It's not a way to win a fight, but it would definitely show he's not just going to take them lying down.

13. steely

steely Well-Known Member

very interdasting!!!!! i think the whisperers are going to be an excellent new foe...

14. ZigZagMan40

ZigZagMan40 Member

Will the whisperers ever take a bath!?!?!?!?!?!
    Can Jesus kill them all single handily!?!?!?!?!?!
    Will Carl finally get a cool eyepatch!?!?!?!?!

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z

I mean next issue of Walking Dead.

15. Rich Grimes

Rich Grimes New Member

When I read comics, I use people's fingers instead of bookmarks. People get mad at me and scream, but I don't know where the hell you buy freaking book marks.

Carl does not look good, Jesus is going to go Neo VS Mr Smith army on those fake zombie-ass hoes. Like look at all doe fake zombies doe. Hebelyke, lololo you zombie so fake, lo bye gurl. *kills them all*