Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lindigo, May 16, 2018.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I would love to have one! I tried to figure out how to win one with the KFC app, but even that seems to be just for UK.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lindigo

• Like Like x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

For someone who couldn’t care less about this wedding, I sure have become invested in this thread. LMAO

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Love, love, love the Royals! Watched the wedding of Charles and Diana, and William and Kate. Anxiously awaiting this one as well! Harry is so cute I could pinch his cheeks...not saying which ones, lol! Enjoyed reading this thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lindigo

Another Royal Sweepstakes :):

Today’s giveaway is a bath and body gift set commissioned by Prince Charles’ trust, and sold exclusively at Highgrove shops and The Organic Pharmacy.

Prince Charles recently launched the organic treatment line, named after his Highgrove estate in Gloucestershire.

“Extra” is giving the set, worth more than $100, to five lucky friends!

The five-piece set includes Rosemary and Ginger Warming Bath Oil; Arnica and Wintergreen Muscle Balm; Honey and Chamomile Hand Cream; Orange and Comfrey Hand Scrub; and Zinc and Shea Butter Protective Lotion.

[​IMG]

http://extratv.com/2018/05/17/royal...highgrove-gift-set-from-the-organic-pharmacy/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Prince Charles is sells botanicals? LMAO!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lindigo

He is creative in finding ways to make money to be self sufficient, so the populace doesn't rise up with torches and pitchforks. :)

Prince Charles and his clan

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, known formally as The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, rely on a a mix of public and private money.

Over 90% of their income comes from a private estate, the Duchy of Cornwall, which was established in 1337 to provide an income to the heir to the throne. The Duchy of Cornwall owns and operates land in rural and urban areas, a collection of islands and rental cottages in places like Wales and Cornwall.

In the most recent financial year, the couple made £20.7 million ($28 million) from the estate.

The couple also received £1.3 million ($1.8 million) from the Queen's Sovereign Grant and another £461,000 ($627,000) from various UK government departments.

The Sovereign Grant is used to pay the couple's official travel and property expenses. The government cash goes toward some official overseas trips and the salaries of members of the military who protect the family.

Roughly half of their annual income is spent on official duties and travel, while a quarter goes to the tax man. The remaining £6.6 million ($8.9 million) goes to Charles' children, "non-official" purchases and a royal savings account.

When Markle officially joins the clan, Prince Charles has the discretion to give the couple more money.

Prince William, Kate and Prince Harry are also reimbursed for costs when they perform official duties on behalf of the Queen.

Prince William and Prince Harry have private, inherited wealth from their mother, Princess Diana.

The rest of the family

There is limited public information about how the rest of the royal family make their money. The Queen has three other children aside from Prince Charles, and they too have children, spouses and grandchildren.

The Queen's two youngest children, Andrew, the Duke of York, and Edward, the Earl of Wessex, work full-time to support the monarchy, which involves appearing at public engagements on behalf of their mother.

The Queen pays her children for these duties through her income from the Sovereign Grant and Duchy of Lancaster.

The next generation of royals is expected to forge their own careers and required to be more independent. For example, Andrew's daughters -- Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie -- have full time jobs in the business and art worlds, respectively. But they also receive some financial support from their father.

https://www.newschannel5.com/lifestyle/how-does-the-royal-family-make-its-money?page=2

8. Lindigo

Another sweepstakes:

Ooops. Try googling for Royal Diamond Teacup. I tried to bring the link over, but I already entered, and it is showing the results of the quiz (which member of the Royal Family Are You?) that you take before it lets you get to the entry page. The prize is a teacup with gold detailing and a diamond in the handle.

[​IMG]

Or you could win tea and shortbread cookies. Also good. :)

Grand Prize is one teacup with a one-carat diamond mounted on the handle, valued at $4,600.

Ten winners will receive one box of Tetley British Blend Tea, one box of shortbread cookies, and one teacup, total value of $24.98.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindigo

10. Lindigo

win a trip to London

http://www.qvc.com/Sweepstakes.content.html

One (1) trip for two (2) (winner and one (1) guest) to London, England, 7/15/2018-7/22/2-18. Trip package includes:

Round-trip coach air transportation for winner and guest from a major airport, as determined by Sponsor, near the winner’s home within the continental U.S. to London, England

One (1) double occupancy standard room for eight (8) days/seven (7) nights

Roundtrip ground transportation to and from airport and hotel

One (1) gift card for two (2) for the “Couture Technology 2hr Treatment” at the House of ELEMIS Day Spa

After the trip has been booked, the Sponsor will award the remaining value of the Grand Prize as spending money awarded in the form of an AMEX Gift Card

One (1) of each of the Eight (8) Weekly Sweepstakes Prize Packages as outlined below

(meh--all boring stuff. You can look in the Rules.)

11. Lindigo

This prize looks adorable. I think I entered, but I don't really understand Twitter. I think it says 15,000 people have retweeted, so that would be the odds of winning. Good luck.

[​IMG]

A jeweled bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch, valued at approximately $35,000 and a check for $15,000 that may be used to assist with tax liability associated with acceptance of this prize. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $50,000.

During the Promotion Period, take the following actions to receive an entry:

(1) Follow @HVRanch on Twitter;
    (2) Retweet Sponsor’s Tweet that includes the hashtag #NationalRanchDay and the link to these Official Rules: http://bit.ly/NationalRanchDay; and
    (3) You need not include any additional content with your Retweet.

https://twitter.com/HVRanch/status/972179209941602306

#71 Lindigo, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  12. Lindigo

I think this is the last sweepstakes I can find out there related to the wedding:

“Extra” is counting down to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding with a series of royal-inspired giveaways from GREAT Britain. Enter below for your chance to win!

Today’s giveaway is from Truefitt & Hill, the oldest barbershop in the world!

Truefitt & Hill offers the finest in men’s grooming and holds a Royal Warrant from His Majesty Prince Philip.

“Extra” is giving an ultimate comfort gift set, worth $122, to 5 lucky friends!

Each gift set includes, a Shaving Cream Bowl, Ultimate Aftershave Balm, Pre-Shave Oil, and Invigorating Bath & Shower Scrub.

[​IMG]

http://extratv.com/2018/05/16/royal...ultimate-comfort-gift-set-from-great-britain/

13. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Prince Charles will walk Meghan down the aisle - I’m a little surprised by this.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#73 southernlady, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yes, so am I, but it was officially announced, so it's true.

"
    WINDSOR, England – Kensington Palace announced on Friday morning that Meghan Markle will be walked down the aisle by Prince Charles after the American actress said in a statement on Thursday her father would not be attending her wedding.

"Ms. Meghan Markle has asked His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales to accompany her down the aisle of the Quire of St George's Chapel on her Wedding Day. The Prince of Wales is pleased to be able to welcome Ms. Markle to The Royal Family in this way," Kensington Palace stated.

Prince Charles, 69, previously had no formal role at the wedding, and many speculated he would step in to walk Markle down the aisle after her father had heart surgery following a series of public scandals. Charles is Harry's father. "

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...er-down-aisle-at-wedding-to-prince-harry.html

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I had to enlarge to be sure but they called Harry Henry.

16. southernlady

I just read that Meghan is supposed to walk halfway by herself and then Prince Charles will be waiting to walk the rest of the way with her. This was also the plan with her father.

17. Lindigo

Any idea why?

18. southernlady

None, only that it was said this is the way she wanted to do it like this from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lindigo

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

This is getting really funny. But i retweeted anyway because who doesn't want a $35,000 ranch bottle?

• Funny Funny x 1