Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lindigo, May 16, 2018.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The dress was very plain. Almost too plain I thought, and I like plain! Not a big fan of it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

We're all related. Everyone has royal ancestors. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Lindigo

She looked so very happy. Really, that's all that matters.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Well I would give my right cankle to look fat like that!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I agreed to the breathless quote but I think it was me who was breathless. I'd say breathtaking when it came to Meghan, and I agree she looked very happy indeed.

She obviously could have had anything she wanted, I'm assuming, when it came to the dress but perhaps it was a conscious decision on her part to pick the simple design as a message. My father's opinion was that it was a waste of money, when there was so much poverty in the world, when we were discussing the wedding the other day. Maybe something similar was going through her own mind or perhaps because it was her second wedding she thought it might be a bit ridiculous to carry on as if it was her first. Who knows but Harry thought she looked amazing and that's all that counts, now isn't it.

Oh, maybe she just liked the dress. There's that.

#105 purriwinkle, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. purriwinkle

I don't know if this is all a load of crap or if there is some substance to it but people who are supposed to know thought that Meghan was consciously or unconsciously channeling her inner Audrey Hepburn who often wore Givenchy.

First they point to the neckline which was similar to the wedding gown worn by Hepburn in Funny Face in 1957.

[​IMG]

Then they pointed to the Givenchy dress/veil that Hepburn modeled in 1964 for Irving Penn. Said the veil was almost identical

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They said the same thing about Kate's gown when they remarked it was reminiscent of Princess Grace's.

[​IMG]

People have too much time on their hands.

#106 purriwinkle, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lindigo

I heard she wanted something classic and timeless so she wouldn't feel like a silly doofus when the dress was looked at decades from now, and we know the royal dresses always are. People will be commenting on her dress even when her entire generation is long gone.

8. Lindigo

I never liked Givenchy on Hepburn, either. I just don't like it.

Meghan herself is always so beautiful. I never meant to imply she wasn't--it's just the Givenchy I am saying "blech" to. Meghan's face is so full of love and happiness every time I've ever seen her. She herself is a timeless beauty.

Also, I'm not calling Meghan fat, either. lol That dress is just the dress that calls for the answer Yes if she were to ask, Does this dress make me look fat? Yes, it looks like a stuffed cannoli before anyone even gets into it.

9. Lindigo

Someone put up an itemized list of what the wedding cost. The dress was estimated at $380,000. They are saying this one cost more like $100,000. That's still a stupid sum of money for a haut couture stuffed cannoli.

I don't doubt she loves her dress, and life would be boring if everyone liked the same thing. I'm happy for her that she got the dress she wanted. She wouldn't have gone to a French designer unless that was her heart's desire.

10. Lindigo

Such a beautiful veil and tiara!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lindigo

[​IMG]

"Stuffed Cannoli With Veil"

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lindigo

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lindigo

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. purriwinkle

Well, I have to agree with you there. I heard a couple of commentators remark that the gown was timeless as well. I hate to be critical of any thing a royal bride wants to wear cause it's her day and all, but let's face it, like you said, some gowns stand up to the passage of time better than others. When I look back, that poofy confection they jacked Diana into has me shaking my head, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I wasn’t either. AT ALL. but I tuned in at the end and now I wanna see the rest. Lmao

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ummm I meant breathtaking. Lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. purriwinkle

The tiara, I believe, was borrowed from Queen Mary's collection.
    Meghan wore diamond earrings and bracelet from Cartier. Considering the simplicity of dress and the boat neck, I think I might have been tempted to add a sparkly necklace as well...but nothing overpowering as to take away from the tiara. Maybe a large solitaire.

18. Lindigo

I didn't even notice she was wearing a bracelet until someone commented on it. I was entirely focused on her happy face. You're right, a necklace would have been irresistible to me, but I also didn't notice that she didn't have one until I read your comment!

This Queen Mary tiara is so beautiful, I wondered that no one else has been wearing it. I googled for images of it and did see a photo of Queen Elizabeth (ours, not the Queen Mum) wearing it once. Meghan has a good eye. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lindigo

Even at the time, I was cranky about Diana's poofy dress. I guess that is my tradition. lol

I still love Fergie's dress though, front and back, apart from the poof sleeves.

I was so impressed Harry had enough clout to get her invited!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lindigo