Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The RPG

Discussion in 'Episode 606 - Always Accountable' started by Rust, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Rust

Rust Member

Why would an American soldier have a Russian RPG? U.S. soldiers have a lot of anti tank shoulder fired weapons, but the RPG isn't one of them.

2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

The United States Military most certainly has American-made Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers as well, and even more terrible is they look awful similar to the soviet version, however that is probably mostly a coincidence.

Yes...
    The Soviet RPG has been (and likely will continue to be) extensively used in various Middle East conflicts (and not just where the US is or was involved) mostly because of their availability and in terms of bang for the buck it's still one of the cheapest drone/copter/plane/tank/armored vehicle/etc blasters. It is in fact one of the most popular weapons out there, it just so happens Russia is closest to those areas of conflict and thus one of the most likely providers, but that doesn't mean America doesn't have its own.

Now whether the RPG in this episode was US or Soviet/Russian made, the producers simply admitted they acquired an actual RPG in place of the prop... I suppose it is possible they acquired one from another country, but I can't see how we as viewers could ascertain the country of manufacture...

#2 8307c4, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  3. mfinley

mfinley Member

Yeah I pointed this out in another thread. The US military doesn't field RPGs or anything that looks like them, they use the AT4
    [​IMG]

4. Rust

Rust Member

The U.S. has no RPG clones currently in service. U.S. uses the SMAW which looks a lot like the traditional "bazooka" but they do not use the RPG with the conical style rockets.
    [​IMG]

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

When Abe first got close to the soldier walker, he took a look at his arm insignia (it looks like an eagle standing on a crown). Could anyone identify his unit? Maybe his unit was recently posted in a Middle East location and so got their hands on a set of that Soviet made RPG?

Realistically, maybe it is just that the renting a fake RPG is much cheaper than renting any other model and so, for budget sake, they use that.

#5 Blueman, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  6. raynman

raynman New Member

This looks like the Airtronic version of the RPG-7. It's kind of like an "Americanized" version of the Soviet model. It isn't in use but has been tested for the military. I didn't recognize the patch.

7. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I don't think we can necessarily conclude that this was being used by a soldier while in active duty. It could have been something hidden away in some gun-nuts stash somewhere, it could have been seized in some kind of prior military conflict and held at an armory somewhere. Alternatively, it could just be that this was the prop they ended up with lol

8. Rust

Rust Member

Since the Airtronic is only in testing phase, my bet is the props department wanted something that looked mean and figured only a handful of people would notice or care. A little bit lazy on their part. Sort of like when the Governor had a rare as hens teeth fully automatic Steyr Aug. You just don't "find" one of those.

9. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I thought the same thing about the Steyr Aug. That's not the kind of gun that you're likely to just find laying around somewhere, especially in the US. The Steyr Aug has been adopted in some capacity by US Immigrations and Customs, so it's not entirely impossible...but it's very far fetched.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Even worse didn't he have one both times he fought the Prison too?
    Once as the Gov. and the other as Brian?

Even more odd to come up with one of those twice?

11. pilight

pilight Member

At first I thought Abraham was dreaming when he found the RPG and the cigars just sitting out in the open like that. It makes no sense that they hadn't been picked up by someone before. Like Glenn said, everything that's left is hidden.

12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i never knew that, so thanks for the info! also, what this means in that Z Nation got this more correct that TWD. In a recent episode of Z Nation, DJ Qualls fired what looked like an AT4 while at the American base he is stationed at. C'mon TWD - get your shit together!

13. trekcarbonboy

trekcarbonboy New Member

I don't know anything about RPG's but it was a terrible piece of writing to have stab-happy Abe try to get the RPG without first killing the walker. Add that to the fact that there are weapons and cigars just sitting out in the open and you have one terrible scene.

I liked the episode but this was dumb.

14. Elton Dixon

Elton Dixon Member

so your telling me a us army hum v i left in the open full of all these goodies and no body found it,

can mean that area may be a gold mind for supplies

15. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

ok no one cares "Reality Ron"

only warmongers care about these details

16. Walker Caravan

I'm ignorant of those RPG specifics so doesn't really ruin anything for me. I DO wonder why Abe didn't kill that walker though. That was a weird scene to me when Abe crawled on that fence and... what? Growled at it? Played slapsies with it? I didn't understand that part.

17. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I took it as he couldn't reach him without going over. Maybe he couldn't do it when he saw the patch. But as Abe says, "Loose ends make my ass itch". So yeah he should have offed him. Doesn't really matter.

18. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I don't recall him having any kind of AR during the second assault on the prison. I might be remembering wrong, but I think during the second assault all he was using was his pistol.

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

AMC should hire some staff from Z-Nation if they want to add a touch of realism to the show.

20. leonard_tepper

Are you nucking futs?