Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The scene in the end..

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by RarreKZ, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

The lyrics are dark, it's the melody that's upbeat. I guess it depends on which part of the song you choose to hear.

2. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

I think he was realinzing just how close to danger they still are. The walls may look and feel safe, but all he has to do is put his ear to the wall and he's reminded danger is just outside waiting.

3. batongal

batongal Active Member

"THAT's what you worry about?" ...storms out of cocktail party.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Rick touching the wall could *feel* the walker pushing on the other side. I think he realized how thin of a line there was between his current tentative safety and the danger of "out there". I don't think he's bought in to Alexandria at all at this point. He wants to - as shown by his tentativeness in taking the gun, but he can't shown by the fact that he took one and hid it. To me the wall scene was to clarify just how on edge Rick really is, regardless of how good of a show he puts on for the townies.

5. Morgotha

I'm surprised they didn't have more experience with PTSD. There are enough people in that place, someone must have freaked out. They should have picked up on the wildly staring around, etc. If nothing else, *someone* should have went to talk to her after a scene like that!!

6. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yea I really wish ASZ had a psychiatric doc instead of a gifted surgeon. This group really needs therapy.

7. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

The way I saw the end was that Rick was fitting into his role and is becoming to see some normality within the walls, his actions at the end was cop like, very observant the way he moved between the house was like he investigating a potential crime, to me it seemed almost like a child at play, the wall part I saw as the safety Alexandria has, they are safe enough inside to act normal and to dream, but outside the walls its business as usual and the world they know is still gone.

8. SZQ

SZQ Member

That's how it was supposed to make you feel. That song was chosen for a particular reason (see BrBa Baby Blue). It is up to us to figure it out.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Me too.

He is also a cop again and that gun is legit but now mostly just for show but in the ZA his natural inclination is to reach for the BUG first,I liked the contrast and his instinct there.

10. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Part of me likes to think he was testing the wall but it seemed like there was something else they were getting at. There seemed to be a sense of longing in that scene to me for some reason.

11. FISH

FISH Member

I think he may also have been getting some clarity in his mind, knowing a walker was just inches from him but couldnt get him, would be a nice feeling after being so aware of the danger from all angles they have been dealing with, a walker so close but of no consequence would be so surreal to Rick, and the look he gave was definitely surreal to say the least.

12. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

I think the explanation is given at the very end of the previous episode "If they can't make it work we'll take this place" (paraphrasing here).

He's basically realizing how special Alexandria is, and gives solace to the huge steel walls that are blocking off both sight and sound from the undead.

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I thought it highlighted the reality of their circumstances. They can shower, put on uniforms and play real life by having parties in nice houses, try to forget what the world has become. Rick couldn't see the walker and the walker couldn't see Rick, but the bigger picture shows they were only inches apart. It's like pretending the outside world isn't there simply because you have obstructed the view of it, but the obstruction itself becomes a constant reminder of that fact.

14. Morgotha

Or some sort of counselor. Most surgeons I've met aren't social butterflies though, so Jessie's husband is playing that pretty well so far.

15. Rigor_Mortis

Rigor_Mortis Member

I simply saw it as Rick making an effort to keep himself grounded to the reality of the world outside instead of being lulled into a false sense of security. Somewhat similar to the governor staring at the contents of his aquariums in order to keep his fear in check.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Actually Rick had the farts really bad from all the food but didn't want anyone who might come around the corner to see him breaking wind so he played a few off at the fence with his by now well-known "hand trick."

Yeah, that too.

I like this analogy.

Yeah but it's hardly 10 feet thick or what Aaron said, more like thin corrugated metal. It will hold off more than a chain link fence but there are still things that can get through, it's far from impenetrable... Not to mention climbing over it is real easy with the supports on the OUTSIDE lmafao

In that sense the chain link at the prison was safer because one you could see what was on the other side and two it was topped with razor wire... Just not as sturdy and it would be easier for HERDZ of walkers to get all riled up due to they can see through as well, but other than that the AZS walls have not impressed me much.

#56 8307c4, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  17. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Maybe he does lobotomies? :p

18. Wombat

Wombat Member

With the happy-go-lucky music playing at the end while Rick wandered over to the fence.... yes, it was a very arty take.

I instantly thought of The Truman Show. The whole artificial environment within while the real world is outside the wall.

Many of you have mentioned Sasha yelling it wasn't real. The world everyone is living within the "town". And then there is Daryl itching to escape back out into the world where he can basically breathe.

I thought this was what the show was aiming at in that final scene with Rick. Touching base with the reality outside. *shrug*

19. Ames25

Ames25 Member

OK, so I think the song choice gives us a clue here. The song lyrics are dark, talking about leaving behind things, death and sadness, but the song tempo and music are upbeat and fun. It's basically the ASZ in a song. Hiding behind the sunshine, rainbows and unicorns of the place is this reality that life isn't the same, everyone there has suffered loss of one kind or another but they're trying hard to ignore it.

The wall was symbolic as well. As hard as they try to pretend that it's OK inside the walls, outside is still pretty shitty.

Rick going up to the wall, to me, was an acknowledgement of this. He knows that the only thing separating them from the horrible reality is a thin (metaphorically speaking) wall that holds out the horrors of the outside. It's pressing in as much as Rick's group is pressing out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ames25

Ames25 Member

Plus, (probably reading too much into it here), it's by the BeeGee's. Two more letters for the collection.