Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The scene in the end..

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by RarreKZ, Mar 9, 2015.

1. desert_indian

desert_indian Member

I saw it as him somehow missing the world he left behind, with his ear on the wall listening to the walker. And the song that was playing was saying something like "And where are the friends I would Meet?". Kind of a play on missing the walkers and the chaos, the only thing he really knows. I think he'd almost rather deal with all that crap than this mental game of chess inside the ASZ that he's dealing with now. He wouldn't have to worry about getting soft, dealing with emotions, making friends, etc. Things that probably seem very trivial at this point.

2. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

To me, it was another layer of realization for Rick that Alexandria was where he wants to be.

3. batongal

batongal Active Member

or shock treatment? lol

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Basically, to me, that scene was showing that Rick now has a Savage Heart and misses killing walkers... He is torn between the world he truly loves and the world he feels is best for his family.. No going back for Ricky..the ZA is his home.

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Thanks . That guy does do a good thorough analysis of episode. I'll have to check out his future stuff.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You are welcome. Yep, you should check out his other videos. He will also post a prediction video this week for episode 14.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

To me it was him realizing that the only difference between this amazing life he can have and a life of nothing but survival and violence is a simple wall. Kind of crazy that all it takes is a piece of metal to do that.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah, it did focus on the A a lot and he did give it a stare at times. Im sure it reminded him of the outside, of how unsafe it is and that they need to fight to keep what they have. He saw how one small group could destroy all of Terminus, even if they where bad! They had MORE security and more armed men and women than Alexandria. And how weak it is. But not only that, seeing the A reminds him pretty much of the Terminus gang and what they did.

9. Steppin' Razor

This is how I saw it. He was savoring the fact that he's on the other side of a thick wall, and that walker doesn't even know he is there, so he can finally calm down and rest a little. To me it was like he was kind of... I dunno, relieved I guess? Like a huge weight off his shoulders, somewhat, for at least a little while.

10. dmizzle26

dmizzle26 Member

I was listening to a podcast i always tune into after each episode and they pointed out that in that scene, Im not sure where at but theres a street sign that says Morgan Dr. Another slick easter egg dropped by The Walking Dead.

11. Foxness

Foxness New Member

Yeah it was also kind of interesting that the last street that Rick walked down towards the gate at the end of the episode was named Morgan street. May not mean anything, but was just an observation and interesting coincidence.

12. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

I thought the song at the end added to the creepiness factor of the entire episode. I loved it!

It was so sing-songy, but the lyrics mentioned being "dead" ... what an odd juxtaposition (? if that's the right word) of the tune and lyrics. It helped make the whole town seem even more off-kilter. And it also makes us wonder how Rick is responding.. Is he just pretending with Jessie? Did he really want to "off" Pete? Was he lovingly stroking the wall where the walker was? Or was he checking the stability of the wall? Is he going off the deep end? Or is there a method to his seeming madness?

love Love LOVED this episode! The ending was perfect!

#72 lovedaryl, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  13. TeamShmurda

TeamShmurda Member

I think it shows that Rick reminds that how normal the ASZ seems, he still knows that the normal life will never be the same. If you look at the lyrics of the song, this becomes clear. Him reaching for the gun shows that the ZA state of mind has taken over and will never be gone.
    What bugs me though is that the episode is named "Forget", which seems to point to the group forgetting who they were a week ago.

14. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

One of the first things drummed in to me in my military days was the difference between cover and concealment. To me that's what these past two episodes are all about. If you conceal yourself, the enemy may not be able to see you, but as soon as they do, you're dead. To be protected you need cover. The walls around ASZ are mere concealment. That letter A was on the boxcar and also the church, now ASZ. In all cases the A marked a place where those within were just being herded together for the convenience if predators. To survive long term in this world you can't afford to rely on concealment. You have to project power and be mobile.

15. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

I felt like that moment was pure symbolism...he was holding his hand up to the wall looking at both the wall and his hand (the hand with the A on it) and the wall that he was touching was made of the same material as the train car A and he was comparing in his mind the one walker to the dangers in terminus

16. JohnD

JohnD Member

Social commentary on present day weaved in quite nicely.

17. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Yes they are - like so many Bee Gees songs really are.
    I haven't read all the pages but my take on this last scene...

Rick has basically fallen totally "in love" with Jessie - putting his head next to the fence to hear the zombie is his attempt to regain some control of his emotions - to remember "what counts" in this world i.e. the zombies and ever present death...a bit like having a cold shower nowadays:Grin:

18. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

This.

Just look at the name of this episode. "Forget." Obviously the people in ASZ have forgotten about the world outside the walls (if they ever really knew that outside world to begin with). But Rick (and the rest of the group) can't forget. It's always there, haunting him.

19. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Agree 100%!

20. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

To me, it was almost like Rick had to run out of the center of the community, to the outer edge, by the wall, closest to the walkers, to feel normal. It was almost like he was doing a dance with the walker on the other side of the fence. And if you listen to the lyrics, they say, something to the effect of, "my light is now dead. is dead." Meaning, the it's the walkers that is what makes them feel alive. Now that they're "safe" what do they do? In Alexandria, they feel unreal.

I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well...

Remember Rick's whole speech about "Rest In Peace. Now let's get to work for the day." or whatever that was... ? Well, that's how life is to him.

I just hope Rick & Daryl's relationship doesn't get too messed up. RICKYL! ;~