Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Scene Under the Bridge

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

From what I can piece together, here is what seems to have happened. A car fell off the bridge, creating the hole in the wall above. A walker happened to be walking under there at the time and got all splatted. That is the pancake walker that look like not much more than a stain. The other, less severely injured walkers, are just ones that fall through the gap made by the car crash.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LOL It was quite a scene. I was totally trying to piece it together.

3. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

My boyfriend and I were watching the show and wondering how all the walkers got under that bridge. It was really morbid.

4. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

Yes, they said exactly that on the Talking Dead.

5. BlackLightning

Is it bad that the first thing that I thought of was the Red Hot Chili Peppers song?

6. jujulita

jujulita Member

Good explanation, I was trying to figure it out.

However, the one thing that seemed off about that scene was the walker falling just as Dwight was passing by... like, what are the chances? It's not like there was a parade of zombies on the bridge.

7. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Member

Exactly, this coupled with the "walker obstacle course" were both like WTF fails to me....this episode had its moments, but Im ready to get back to the group now...

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Walkers are the Lemmings of the Apocalypse though.they followed each other off on the first place and then Dwights presense compelled another off after him.

What in this world makes a lot of sense?

9. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I was really hoping there was someone up there pushing walkers at Dwight. I was 10000% hoping to see Jesus up there. Alas, he was not.

10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

So basically what would have probably happened to Daryl and Carol with the van back in S5 if the show had similar logic for main characters :p

11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I think the bigger point being missed is the irony and parallels of this episode. Who's the Boss reference to Negan, walker stuck on stick= no matter what it doesn't seem like a way out of the situation though he (Dwight) and his wife were close, music making Daryl feel guilty, zombies on bridge following each other to their doom= Negan's guys following him with no apparent end cause when they fall they're still "alive" but now they can't really move due to damaged done by the fall so they are just there exiating until someone comes along (but I could ne WAY off on that as I'm just brainstorming that one honestly lol).

But yeah I think the ep was all about irony.

12. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

TWD is always full of those little nuances. It's what makes it so clever, those little touches. Some are subtle, some not so subtle, but I appreciate them taking the time to put them in there.

13. Chiron

Chiron Member

Nah they just went Vin Diesel and Paul Walker for that one. It was sort of pants they survived that.

14. g8trdave

g8trdave New Member

How did Dwight's bike get damaged? I couldn't figure that out. I even rewound it a few times.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Some scenes were cut there. So I think the idea we are suppose to have is that more walkers fell from the bridge and damaged it. You could actually see another one fall near Dwight while he was fighting with the walker on the ground.

16. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

I thought Dwight was revisiting one of Negan's past masacres or something. Totally didn't pick up on the car driving off the bridge and the walkers falling down onto the road - even when the walker almost fell ontop of Dwight. I thought there was some connection to Dwight. Like maybe, this was where Negan first captured him and his old group and all the bashed up walkers were his friends who resisted. I was way off point though when they explained the scene on the talking dead. It was cool either way.

17. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Yep that sounds about right. It could've been Jesus for the walker that almost hit Dwight....but definitely not him for all the prior blood and guts that were there before.

18. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member