Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The show is missing Shane

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Walker Shane, Nov 26, 2012.

1. John_t

John_t New Member

With the emergence of the Governor, the story has a new "anti-Rick". Shane was no longer needed in the narrative.

2. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Good we need an antagonist that is less of a bone headed moron.

3. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

He tried to kill Rick over Lori lol... smh bros before hos.

Just kidding =P

Seriously though, he wanted to kill Rick who was the nicest person in the group at the time, he got pretty much irredeemable past that point... as for the Sophia thing, even a non-functioning clock is right twice a day.

4. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

To be honest, I dont think he would have killed him. I think Shane knew he wasnt part of the group anymore. If he wanted to kill him he could have. He tells Rick "Raise your gun!" and even lowers his gun and tried to get Rick to shoot him. He never killed anyone besides Otis who he didnt know and it was for a good cause. Oh and Randall but we all know that was a good choice.

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

Nah, it was obvious that Shane was planning to kill Rick that night, but at the end, he can not bring himself to pull that trigger, so Rick killed him

6. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

So do you think he just wanted to get it over with and just die, since he couldn't have Lori anyway? Can't say I blame him for Randall, or even Otis, he should have been more careful while hunting anyway and Shane loved Carl as a son, so I get that. But he only loved Carl and Lori and didn't give a crap about anyone else, he has been giving Rick bitchy looks ever since he saw he didn't die in season 1. Rick made the right choice by getting rid of him, keeping someone like that around is dangerous, he was obsessed with Lori like a Justing Bieber fangirl lol.

7. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

Ditto. Nothing about Shane was likable.

8. goddesscally

goddesscally Member

Shane was a likeable in the sense that i liked those chiseled abs and manly biceps... I would have totally used him and dumped his crazy azz haha

9. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

He wouldn't have killed Rick.. He had plenty of times to do it and didn't. In the end he realized it wouldn't work out so he made Rick kill him.

10. RDZ

RDZ Member

Now you have Shane playing the role of the martyr? I am not buying it.

Shane - 0
    Rick - 1

11. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Damn, this thread is giving me deja vu, BIG TIME. You don't even have to read these posts, you can just re-read all ShaneFans old immature ones and imagine the dates are newer.

I get the feeling it will devolve into something like his tantrums soon.

12. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I swear I was just about to post "Hi Shane fan, long time no see."

13. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

That's still a douche move, doing that to Rick... why not just kill himself?

14. yangxai

yangxai Member

Lets be fair here. Rick waste as much ammo as anyone else maybe even more. Rick was also a douche for wasting all that ammo at the prison when they could of just stabbed the walkers through the fence. These guys are never gonna run out of ammo. They just say that for lip service so the fans think they are in a desperate situation.

As for Shane, he was a great character but I'm glad he's dead. I felt his character accomplished all it could; in fact I think he lived a little longer then he should have. His story arc with Lori and Rick dragged on way too long during the second season. That's why it seemed as why 2nd season was so slow. Guy should of been dead by mid season finale. Again great character just had nothing left to offer to the show.

15. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

He needed Rick to step up to the plate. If he could kill his best friend then he could kill anyone. Hence, the way he was able to kill the prisoners without hesitation.

16. Canada Guy

Canada Guy Member

Shane's character was excellent. He was a hero at times and a villain at times. He wanted to be the leader and had a completely different philosophy then Rick. I think they should have kept him alive... made him an outcast. And bring him back in a season or two as a part of a rival group. I was tired of the Shane -Lori drama as well. But the battle with Rick over leadership philosophies was intriguing.

17. Canada Guy

Canada Guy Member

Speaking of season two. Does anyone recall any reference to the group that young fella they killed at the farm belonged to? because the group he belonged to would make three in the area.

18. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

I remember him saying that there were about 30 of them, and that Shane would have fit right in... something like that.

I suppose that's up for interpretation, without any official word from the makers. Personally I think that's giving the character too much credit, I think he just chickened out at the end but he knew he couldn't backpaddle any more.

19. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

He's probably one of the most pathetic characters I've ever seen on television.

20. yangxai

yangxai Member

People are too rough on him. He did a lot of things right and was very pragmatic; dude was loyal to a fault with people he loved. Risked everything to For them. Risked his life trying to drag his friend out hospital. Protected His best friends Family like it was his. He may have done some evil things but he was not evil. evil guys would not break down like he did after leaving Otis behind, and leaving Otis behind was the pragmatic thing to do. Either 3 people die that night or 1 person dies that night. Rick would have done the same thing (cabin guy). At the end he spiraled out of control but he still had enough morality/love left in him to not pull that trigger. Guy was a tragic character. A good man broken by a horrible world.