Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The show is missing Shane

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Walker Shane, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

THANK YOU!!! I dont understand why no one else gets it.

2. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

HEHE ...SHAAaaane! come back, COOoome back Shane.

3. Chaos

Chaos Member

He was out of control as it was. Lori or no Lori.

4. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

Shane's character wasn't perfect, he was an ass hole and acted rashly at times. However, Rick is god as far as some TWD fans are concerned...and Shane is an evil pathetic psychopath that banged his wife, tried to kill him and take over his family (the same family that Rick abandoned several times and Shane risked his life to save)

I would argue that Shane made Rick the man he is now, he forced him to be the leader he is that everyone loves. I also think the argument that Rick is more compassionate than Shane was is up for debate now, because Rick has been mirroring Shane's character

Example:
    Rick goes crazy...he's cool and badass
    Shane goes crazy...he's a pussy he's weak
    Rick sacrificed a guy and left him for dead...collateral damage, can't trust him anyway
    Shane sacrificed a guy and left him for dead...scumbag of the earth!

lmao:zombies_lol:

The list of shit that Rick has done and gets away with because he's the 'good guy' is ridiculous, his actions are always excused or justified. I like that Michonne seems to be joining the group so there will be someone to challenge him.

5. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

...but people don't like Shane, so that wins over everything (sarcasm)

6. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

To be honest, I didn't like Shane as much as I couldn't stand Lori...Lori's manipulative ways made me start to sympathize with Shane. He did a lot of good, and never gets credit for it...but I can't say I miss him much though. I had to accept that his character was no longer needed to enjoy the rest of the series.

7. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Shane broke down after he sacrificed Otis proving he wasn't bad. 1 person died instead of 3 that night. LOVE could do crazy things to a person. Yes he was a hot head but who wouldn't be after Rick kept making the wrong decisions. Letting Randall free?? I would be pissed too.

8. ChronicShmoke

ChronicShmoke Member

I haven't bothered reading all 12 pages of this so I'm sorry if someone already said this. I liked TV Shane. Great character and such a tragic concept. But what irks me is when Otis and him are running towards the truck and they have all the stuff for Carl, he shoots Otis in the foot! Why not shoot him in the head? I mean he let the dude get eaten alive. Why is he shooting him in the first place? The zombies aren't that fast and they seem to be ahead of them so they aren't in any danger. It honestly feels like they're going to make it and Shane wastes a bullet on the fat guy's foot/leg.

9. ChronicShmoke

ChronicShmoke Member

By the way

#109 ChronicShmoke, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

why exactly?

#110 legendx66, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  11. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

You'll find out tomorrow night.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

lol I only asked in case someone else wants to know. i hate spoilers.

13. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

shane was an idiot, he wanted to take over the farm no matter what it did to the relationship with herschel. shane never realized the the real worth of the farm was not the farm itself....but herschel himself. the farm is indefenseable (sp) and temporary. herschel brings knowledge and trustable family members. herschel has medical, agricultural and livewstock knowledge. and with a baby on the way he's the most important member of the group. the correct way to handle the farm situation was diplomacy......wich shane knew squat about.

14. ChronicShmoke

ChronicShmoke Member

I don't appreciate that you edited my post. I didn't spoil anything.

15. greenemachine

greenemachine New Member

Sure they could use him in the sense that he's another person fighting on their side, but in the long run he would tear the group apart. The reason he's gone is because he was a danger. That reason still stands,
    . Who knows, maybe he would try and cross too much into the baby's life, as though he's the father. Then it would be the same problem all over again. He was a great fighter, but he was dangerous and couldn't keep himself in line.

I'm not sure if that needed a spoiler tag. I'm new.