Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Strain

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by tink, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

couldn't agree more. first, Eph is coming up with some brilliant way to infect all the strogoi - next, he decides he's going to shoot some old ass sniper rifle and assassinate the Stoneheart guy from a super far distance. makes no sense. he obviously did not have the skill or equipment to perform that task.

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm torn, killing off Fet is bad for the Strain, but possibly good for TWD :Grin:

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Don't kill Fet; he, Abraham and Dutch are the only reasons I watch this show.

I like Dutch, but some of the scenes and dialogue they give her are embarrassing.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

HRNGNGNGHGHGRHRRG! Season. Never have kids in your shows, they are are always retarded monkeys

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Vampire should have fed apple pie instead of pineapple to Dutch so he could eat some Dutch apple pie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

That death was a departure from the books

7. Rapscallion

The second season finale "Night Train" was phenomenal!

Yes! Coco is dead! I'm glad that arrogant Palmer finally experienced the pain millions of New Yorkers have suffered since the Master was taken off that airplane. Coco proved herself to be a gold digging bitch who not only thought she hit the jackpot with Palmer, she thought she'd become immortal and run the country through him.

Did anyone else notice that the devastated Palmer cut out Coco's heart, which was what a young Abraham did for the vampire Miriam and which Palmer taunted him over in a previous episode?

Good to see Quinlan again. I don't think that gangbanger felt the same though.

Abraham wins the auction and gets the vampire bible. Eichhorst and his vampire goons try to steal it but they're slaughtered by Quinlan and his human allies. Eichhorst escapes for the umpteenth time.

The shocking event in this episode is that Zach got Nora killed. After everything Nora did for Zach, not only keeping him safe and comfortable, but standing up for him against Eph, he willfully distracted Nora so Kelly could bite her! The look Zach gave the dying Nora before he left with Kelly says all you need to know: no compassion, no remorse. That brat is a sociopath.

As I said, great episode. I wish this show was more consistent.

#427 Rapscallion, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  8. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I am going to miss Nora and her brooding latina good looks....saucy!

9. Rapscallion

Nora got on my nerves with her denying the existence of vampires and her inability to shoot straight, but she was a good character. She didn't deserve to die that way, betrayed by Zach.

10. Funion The Baba

I wonder if Nora goes with a Brazilian wax or not

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I can only hope she has a landing strip...nothing hotter.

12. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I really enjoyed the books, but I'm a bit biased about the show. Why kill off one of the most important characters from the books, Nora, and give us that really boring substitute Dutch? Dutch is not in the books, but I would have been ok with her, if she wouldn't be such a terrible Mary Sue - she knows everything, saves everyone and even the right hand of the vampireboss is falling for her - it's a bit too much. Her storyline was divided between Fet, Eph, Gus and Nora in the books, which worked fine imo. Dutch just doesn't fit into the story as well as I hoped she would (the first episodes with her weren't so bad).
    On the plus side, they found great actors for the different roles, I especially like Fet, Abraham, Gus and Quinlan.

13. Rapscallion

The season 3 premiere of The Strain was tonight.

Anyone here see it?

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Nope, but I DVR'ed it and will be watching it in maybe one hour. I'll let ya know if it was a dud or a spud. Those are basically the same thing. I mean a dud or crud.

15. Rapscallion

No kidding. The Strain has been so inconsistent; if the premiere episode was good, that means next week's episode is bad.

16. Neuropyramidal

Ok, just watched it. To be honest, I'm not sure what to say about this show. Season one actually stood out of the background noise for me. I knew it wasn't great, but I liked it. Season 2 lost whatever slight magic it had for me, but I still felt it stood out a bit from the random noise that is average prime time television. Kevin Durand stood out for me this episode, and I felt he brought his A game, even though he was given some pretty cheesy lines to work with.

Was the episode 'horrible'. No. But if you're expecting a significant improvement over the average Season 2 quality, you'll be disappointed.

17. Neuropyramidal

I'll also use this opportunity to say that I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I do. I think he's a solid actor. However. Kevin Durand has the potential to be an absolutely spot-on, perfect Negan. Just watching him deliver his dialogue, I was picturing him delivering Negan's dialogue. Kevin Durand was born to play Negan. He should be playing Negan. He, for all practical purposes, IS Negan.

Having said all that. Jeffrey, I still like you, and you'll do fine.

18. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I'm just binge watching season 2 a getting pissed off by that character Nora.(?)
    in fact I dislike all the women in the show, they are too eager to jump into bed with any random guy who looks at them for longer than 3 seconds. The blonde Brit is supposed to be a lesbian so why is she going down on and skinny dipping with the rat catcher?
    i wish writers would accept that women like to watch horror but we get bored of women being presented as available sex objects even if they are scientists. It's demeaning and spoils the show for us. Sort it out.

19. Rapscallion

I agree, [MENTION=34942]Toothpick[/MENTION], the Strain's writers really seem to hate women.

20. Rapscallion

Yesterday, FX confirmed that The Strain will receive a fourth and final season.

I haven't watched any of season three. I guess my interest in this show has gone.