Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Talking Dead Failed To Recognize Bob

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by Franklin, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Franklin

Franklin Member

Last week I really felt the Talking Dead and many fans failed to recognize Bob. He played a much large role than previous characters like T-Dog. The Talking Dead and fans were focused on Gareth and his sex appeal. It was all about Gareth. I understand Gareth's actor is good looking and the character's wickedness made him popular. However, they just would not stop about his damn character and looks. The little moment to mention Bob's death was a joke. He deserved more reorganization then a give him a hand and a short clip of the crew saying bye.

Did anyone else feel the same way last week?

• Like Like x 1
  2. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. I think the actor and the character deserved more of a send off, especially from a show that's supposed to be about a show...

I Seriously don't see the point of Talking Dead overall. They hardly have anyone related to the show on there, you can just go on youtube and watch any number of fan videos talking about it (or come to this forum) and hear the same comments the guests make.

I don't see the point of the show when they aren't going to have a writer, or producer or prop master, or SOMEONE who is actively involved in the making of the show, to actually talk about how the episode came together and give some INSIGHT... That really annoys me, actually.

They should have had on both Andrew J West and Lawrence Gilliard Jr and only those two and discussed both characters at length, and gave them a proper send off.

#2 CheesyBirdMess, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  3. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

In a slight defense of ttd, the first one for S5 01 premiere was really good with Nicotero, Gimple and Conan.

after that though...

4. agadu2

agadu2 Member

I think everyone knew he was a goner in the last episode so they gave him recognition in the previous episode. I don't think they could stretch Bob out over two episodes. This episode was the end of the Terminus/Hunters arc so it makes more sense to dedicate the time to Gareth as his was the leader of those groups and the main antagonist, Bob was just a extra. I think having the actor as a guest on the show would have brought more focus to him too. I didn't know there was a hype over Gareth, I find that very funny as I didn't think other people would find him appealing. I agree I prefer Bob's character compared with Gareth's but I didn't really care about Bob until he was giving his last words on his death bed.

5. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I have enormously ambivalent feelings about Chris Hardwick. I listen to his The Nerdist podcast when there are guests on that I'm interested in. He is extremely patchy as an interviewer and presenter.

His default setting seems to be "I'm a clown, pay attention to me, love me, are we all having fun, because I am."

Remember how he did Talking Bad for the last season of Breaking Bad? He actually stated that he would take this seriously because it was a serious show and he wouldn't get up to his antics that he did on Talking Dead. He actually plainly stated that.

The thing is that he can be a very good interviewer and presenter when he tones himself down and takes the subject matter seriously. Unfortunately it seems that all anyone sees on Talking Dead is the clown.

6. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

I guess I assumed the actor that played Bob could not make it to the show that night, so Gareth, the one that could, got all the love.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Talking Dead needs to be completely revamped. Here we have an extra hour of television devoted to TWD, this could be a gem if done right, and instead its wasted on listening to guests [who aren't even connected to the show in any way] make mostly unfunny jokes and show speculations. I usually watch TTD after it airs so I can fast forward through 80 percent of it. The show is about 36 minutes of bogus fluff, and 5 minutes of actual interesting tid bits and behind the scenes info. If I took over the show, I'd immediately make drastic changes. The focus would be off the random guests, and on the show trivia and behind the scenes stuff. The guests would only be TWD actors and/or crew/producers of TWD, or people related to the genre at least. And instead of just sitting in the talk show room the entire hour, I'd feature behind the scenes trips to the different sets. And they need to get more creative with the audience participation, and have trivia contests and things where they compete against each other on stage and get bit by a walker or hit in the head with a fake baseball bat when they answer a question wrong or something, and have it be interesting trivia where we actually learn neat things about the show. I think as it stands right now, the show is a complete waste of what could be a wonderful hour.

#7 Neuropyramidal, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Was never a big fan of Bob so I don't care personally. I do, however, think it was unfair to his fans.

9. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Lawrence hasn't did any interviews. Various places have tried, but he has refused.

10. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Agreed, he annoyed the hell out of me in the season's first show, butting in and breaking Gimple's train of thought on at least one occasion. I was pleasantly surprised with Slash last week, I expected him to be an absolute train wreck, but he sounded sober and didn't say anything stupid. Granted, that is a low hurdle to clear.

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

That makes sense, then. If he isn't doing interviews at all, then it isn't fair to criticize TTD. He could have been on the episode for 502, with Chad Coleman, or 503 with Andrew J. West. But since he wasn't on either, I don't think it's likely to have been an oversight.

12. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I know it wasn't anything like Hershels send off, where alot of the cast members were giving their praise to him on a segment of TTD, but they rarely do that for people that get killed off. I thought I heard Andrew J. West praise Lawerence on Talking Dead too. They also showed a facts thing on TD where they said Lawerence took it as a celebration for his send off instead of it being a sad day.

Yah they could of done more, but not everyone is gonna get send offs like Hershel. I bet if you speak to everyone in the cast and they'll say the world about him, and we all know they have the death dinners and such so this really doesn't bother me.

13. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

hhmmm....I could be remembering incorrectly, but didn't Chris Hardwick give a nod to Lawrence Gilliard right at the beginning of the show, saying that he did a great job? If TTD couldn't get Gilliard on the show, then at least they did acknowledge him for his performance (and subsequent demise).

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I can never make it through a full hour of ttd. Well aside from Conan's episode because I'm a huge fan. Normally I get to the part where they say goodbye to those that were killed during the episode, I laugh at some of the names they come up with for walkers and then I feel like I've watched enough so I shut it off...

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You're not missing much after that. A bunch of guests unrelated to the show answer stupid fan questions like "hey slash, what guitar would you use to kill walkers". I'd rather have a bowel movement.

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Haha I believe that. I always look at the clock thinking it's over at that point! it's like time flies from 9-10 and then just stops.

17. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I hear you. I was expecting something like the Marilyn Manson train wreck, but you know he was actually more like "the adult" in the room. Totally not what I expected when they said he was a guest.

18. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Hah.. I leave it on the entire time I am reading everyone's posts on the forum, so it makes okay background noise. Sometimes, if its interesting enough, I'll look up.

19. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Next week should be worthwhile. It's Michael Cudlitz, Gale Ann Hurd, and Josh McDermitt. Three people that actually have something to do with the show.