Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The two security guards and their "scratches."

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by Walker Bait, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Shane noticed they didn't have bites and Rick responds that it has to be scratches, then. He points out some scratches that honestly could have been there after the guards turned. Rick also pauses and takes a hard look at the guards' corpses before he comes back with Randal in the car to save Shane.

Are we buying the "scratches" theory, or are we now one step closer to revealing that everyone reanimates regardless of cause of death? It seems to me they might be gearing up for the big cliffhanger of season 2 to be finally revealing the big secret of season 1.

2. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I'm unsure, they didnt look very hard for the bites, they just did a quick visual sweep of the most exposed areas that the walkers tend to go for, the neck, face and arms.

After rewatching the TS-19 episode I'm no longer 100% sold on the "everyone reanimates regardless" idea.
    But Jenner was obviously wrong on other points so my jury is still out.
    I know the comics are based on that idea, but the TV show deviates on alot of things.
    It wouldnt suprise me if the writers are still undecided and just leaving windows open for it to go in whatever way they decide further down the line.

3. Walker Bait

Good point. I've also wondered at times if the writers have decided what "rules" the show is following.

4. Fresh Meat

Fresh Meat New Member

The first time Rick finds the two cops, he does inspect them for bites/scratches. The second time he approaches the cops (when he's leaving), I took it as the two cops being symbolic of the bromance he and Shane had, reminding him that Shane still is his best friend, no matter what they're going through. The writers did a great job throwing these two fellows in. A.) If Rick doesn't see these cops again, I believe he wouldn't have gone back to save Shane. B.) It adds weight to the theory that everyone seems to have about Jenner's secret. Well done!

5. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

seemed to me Rick was trying to convince Shane a bit about the scratches... maybe there were none... and Rick is still holding on to Jenners secret. Whether Jenner was correct or not may not matter to Rick if he beleived what he heard... and why has no one even busy body Dale asked Rick "hey remember at the CDC what did Jenner say hmmmm?"

6. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I'm not sure but I think it might have something to do with them running away from their impending fiery doom at the time.

7. Maggie

Maggie Member

I"m not sure anyone SAW Jenner wisper into Rick's ear... remember they were all hauling ass up the hallway at that point...

8. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

That was my point, just salted it with a touch of sarcasm.
    Not because I'm trying to be a dick though, more like trying to be funny.

9. Maggie

Maggie Member

yeah yeah yeah.... =)

10. akurei00

akurei00 Member

I'm convinced they are showing that scratches do not cause one to turn into a zombie and that, in fact, everyone is already infected and turns after they die. Why? If saliva and scratches can turn you into a zombie then their blood mixing into yours should definitely do the trick. That being said, Shane stabbed a zombie in the head, cut his hand with the very same knife to smear blood onto the bus's threshold, and then killed another. If Shane doesn't turn in the next episode everyone's already infected.

11. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Yup, forgot about that... LOL

12. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

You're right, Walker Bait. The scratches could have come from anywhere at anytime. I think we are getting closer to revealing the nature of the virus or infection or whatever you want to call it. Not a spoiler just speculation but maybe Shane will be the test subject. Someone kills him in an altercation and watches to see if he comes back without being bitten. The cliffhanger could be the camera slowly zooming into a dead Shane's closed eyes and just before they open or stay closed, cut to black, roll credits, see ya in the fall everybody!

13. Pirate Heart

Pirate Heart New Member

Maybe this is how Shane is going to leave the show. Not being killed by Rick but by turning into a Zombie after cutting himself with an infected knife.
    There is gossip about him thinking about taking on a new role in an up coming tv show.
    This would give the writers a way to deal with his departure and could be a dramatic, emotional exit.

14. Walker Bait

Unfortunately they'd first have to have Daryl turn from being impaled by his own infected arrow.

15. John2find

John2find Member

Yeah of course they must have opened their pants to see whether some zombie have bitten them while giving them a head.
    No man if other parts would have been bitten the cloth would have been torn their.

16. John2find

John2find Member

Totally in agreement with you.

17. Maggie

Maggie Member

Did I miss something? I thought the arrow went through his side when he fell down the hill. It was a "clean" arrow that pierced his side. He then took it out of his side to impale the zombie. (Cause he's SUCH A BAD ASS!!!)

When did he take an zombie covered arrow and impale himself with it?

18. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

You do know that it takes a while to turn right ?
    They could have changed pants or shirts at any point after being bitten, and who wouldnt after a zombie just bit you on the ass ripping your pants.

Clean as in wiped on his grimey pants after each kill ? ;)
    But sure, he could have cleaned his arrows more thouroughly back in camp at any given time.

19. Maggie

Maggie Member

But I thought that Walker Bait was making the point that Darryl would have to turn into a zombie first cause he was impaled by his own infected arrow.... infected with zombie guts/blood? Or just dirty, meaning a regular infection?

I'm confused.....

20. John2find

John2find Member

Maggie, Daryl re-uses his arrow by simply cleaning them with his cloths. Remember when the first time Daryl was introduced to Rick. He shot the arrow in Zombie's head and reused the arrow.
    he don't like wasting his arrow when a Zombie was found hanging with rope on his neck.(probably trying to suicide when he was alive).
    In fact he is the most un-hygenic among all others. But he is not that bad.