Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The two security guards and their "scratches."

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by Walker Bait, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Maggie

Maggie Member

Oh.. okay. So it's not that the arrow was dripping fresh zombie blood before impalement into Darryls side... it's jsut that the the arrows are pulled out of zombies, wiped down and then reused.

I agree then... if that is what would cause a person to get infected, then really anyone who gets any kind of fluid transfer should turn. Rick and Shane both getting zombie in the face would be enough for them to turn.

That's why the whole how do they get infected thing doesn't make sense to me. You ONLY get infected if you are bitten - meaning only mouth saliva can cause infection strong enough to turn someone - and if you are bitten you will die.

Am I the only one wondering what would have happened if Jim had been brought back to teh farm with access to all of Hershel's antibiotics and medical equipment? Do you think he would still die and turn? We've never seen anyone try to fight off the zombie infection.....

2. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

nice post i agree 100%

if rick hadnt seen those dead cops he would have left shane for sure.

maybe shane would escape the zombies b jumping through a window, or running to the back. then he would come back to camp with a vengeance and i wouldnt blame him. Or he would just be killed by the zombies

3. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't blame him because his own logic would have been used against him?
    Seem pretty hypocritical to me that he would go back to camp with a vengence for the same damn thing he would have done.

4. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Nope I wondered that myself.
    But Jenners wife at the CDC, I'm pretty sure she didn't just go "Oh hey let me die so we can film it"
    I would wager a guess they had plenty of grade A antibiotics at the CDC, and tried to use them to no avail.

On the other hand:
    Herchel, an elderly veterinarian that does McGyver surgeries in his stinking shed, has healing abilities well above magical and borderline biblical to heal crippling and/or life threatening injuries over the course of roughly a week....
    I sure hope Darryl kept Merle's hand with him, if they ever find Merle again, I'm sure Herchel can reatattch that good as new with just spit and ducktape.

#24 Crazydwarf, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. Maggie

Maggie Member

Damn you're right! I had not considered that....

Too f'ing funny! OMG that's great... MacGuyver indeed! HAHAHAHA!

6. slw2082

I agree with what you are saying here but the people on the highway didn't look natural either. Maybe not totally zombified but not just like a natural 'Oh I died from starvation sitting in my truck' either. The people in the cars on the highway is something that has bothered me since we have seen them though for the very reasons you posted.

7. slw2082

Makes sense. I just didn't think it had been 6 mo. at that point but if it had and in that Georgia heat I can see that fitting very well. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

8. slw2082

Okay. I saw another post on here that said the timeline from when Rick was in a coma to when he found his family was 2 weeks. So that is what was throwing me off. If that were true this would have already been an issue when he went into the coma.

9. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Another thought is that the virus is mutating and changing ever so slightly.
    People taking different amount of time to turn might hint at it, or that some people might be more or less effective to stave it off naturally. That would also account for some inconsistencies we have seen in the walkers.

Some people might die faster but never turn.
    Maybe a lucky few are immune and their biggest worry is not getting eaten.

I'm just speculating freely though.

10. akurei00

akurei00 Member

I agree, but in the middle of a hot summer in Georgia the temperature would rise very quickly inside a car with no ventilation or a/c so they would likely die of a heat stroke in less than 3 days.

I'm not so sure that closed off cars wouldn't raise the temperature enough to kill a zombie. Since we see destroying the brain as a way of killing a zombie perhaps high temperatures could do the same. On a 90F day it would take just an hour and a half to get the temperature inside a car up to 138F (according to the Weather Channel's website). If those cars have been sitting there 2 weeks or longer in higher outside temperatures than that you could only imagine how hot it would get inside. Heat strokes can cause nervous system damage. If we suffer from extreme hyperthermia at 106F then we are able to assume that it is plausible that zombies could suffer nervous system damage and kill them at temperatures far exceeding that. We know fire will kill them, maybe a hot car will too.

#30 akurei00, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  11. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Jenner said it was 180 when it started, 63 days since it went Global. Shane said that he had attempted to rescue Rick about two weeks into the outbreak in their area. So that would make Rick comatose for about the first month of it.

12. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

but how did those two cops die????

13. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

T-Dog would have turned back on the highway. He sliced his arm, then Daryl threw a fleshly killed walker onto him.

But it's been pretty clear that contact with zombie fluids don't turn people. Our heroes have been covered with anything from a fine sheen to practically swimming in it to no effect. Rick only used that face shield the first time. I guess they're used to the taste by now.

The z-bug must only manifest on the teeth. That's more argument for it being a nanoweapon, since that behavior impossible for any bacteria or virus.

Has anyone turned from being scratched or is that just a survivor myth at this point?

14. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

He looked at the guards with Randall not because he search for scratches. He only did that with Shane. The two dead bodies were in uniform. Right after the close up on Rick's face and the bodies Rick decided to save Shane. I guess he got a flashback from how it was to be Shane's partner, because of the 2 death cops/guards.