Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Vent and Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CheesyBirdMess, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I feel ya girl. I have days at a time where I avoid it all...and then I peek again, and I'm back in the madness with my mind just reeling at everything going on. It's exhausting.

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

at least you knew you were dealing with a scam. that happened to me, too. i kept being offered a bunch of stuff and i became incensed and asked when i would get to talk about whatever it was i had been trying to call about. the woman on the other end apologized and explained the scam to me, that several such wrong numbers would come to her. if they were taping her for "quality control," i suppose that was the end of her stint there. i still appreciate her.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I am happy to report that the insurance payment went through, and there have been no unwanted charges. I will still need to get a new number, however.

4. Lindigo

yeah, you do. i wouldn't be able to relax, either. glad that's the only downside to this.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

That's one reason why I created my own thread. I see no reason why we can't have balkanization, like we have with the Character threads.

Over the holidays I got into one disagreeable conversation with my most toxic relative. It started when my lady friend started chatting with this person's wife. My friend and I have agreed that she won't do that again. I am pleased to say that I maintained my composure throughout the ordeal, and that the conversation ended with the other person's sister telling him to leave the room.

6. rainycat

rainycat New Member

I really hate the proliferation of stupidly oversized gif's on this site. It really looks a mess and makes me puke.
    Thanks for listening.

7. Lindigo

i don't mind making mine smaller. how do i do that?

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Hey we waited a LONG time to have gifs in our sigs! Don't try to take this from us!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It seems like the activity on the board has decreased a lot since they transitioned to this new format.

10. Lindigo

some, at least, but i think that is coincidence or because people are saying quick hellos on the chat feature now.

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Gone through a breakup and career troubles lately, but mostly keeping it together. The forum itself might be a garbage heap, but my god, the regulars here are among the best people I've ever encountered on or offline.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Aww sorry to hear about the troubles. Glad you're staying strong though! <3 <3 <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

OMG, Jen! So I do dance classes at my school for fellow faculty members (as an exercise thing to promote wellness at our campus). Anyway, when I send out the reminder emails I always attach a dancing gif in it. I used the one in your sig last year and the school secretary responded and said "Melissa, you'll never believe this but I dated one of those guys in high school." lllllllllllloooooooooooooolllllllllllllllll

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Whaaaat?! She has to set me up with a meeting [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

This is a minor vent maybe, but it made my heart sick the other day.

I walk the kids to and from school. Us parents hang out around the sidewalks waiting for the kids to come out, and it's a bit of a mad rush. So two days ago, a small boy (maybe 8 years old) accidentally knocked over a small girl (about age 4) in the crush. The mother of the small girl immediately grabbed the poor boy, got right in his face yelling at him, telling him he ought to be more careful, and that he is a "mean boy".

That poor boy's face. He was scared shitless. It was an ACCIDENT and this crazed over protective mom-bitch had him gripped by the upper arm. That caused his dad to come over and lay into him. All over an accident, which apparently I was the only one to actually witness.

I'll bet that kid cried himself to sleep. That bothered me ALL DAY.

16. Lindigo

oh my, poor kid. that bothers me, too. maybe you can catch the father when it is calm in the next few days and let him know that you witnessed the fall and it was just an accident. that the girl's mom's behavior was extreme and unwarranted. that it's still been bothering you, so you wanted to mention it that you wished his son could be consoled that she so berated him for an accident.

i definitely would, but that's because i have gotten so much braver as i've gotten older.

i hate it that she lacks self-control and used her power as an adult to assault a child, but nothing to be done in that direction.

17. Expat-N-America

It did bother me so much. :(.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Wow! My oldest son had an eerily similar situation/encounter happen to him about 10+/- years ago when he was 8 or 9. He accidentally hurt this neighbor lady's daughter (same age as my son) as they were riding bikes. A bike collision.

This bitch ripped into my son over it. I was working out in my garage when it happened. So all I saw was this horrible woman dragging my son up to me by his shoulder and telling her account of "what happened".

At first I was stunned because I didn't know what to do. I looked at my son and he was about ready to burst into tears. He looked up at me and said "I didn't see her. I didn't mean it." She then said "You LITTLE LIAR!" and did so with her face right up in his.

I then then knew my kid was being genuine and this lady was nuts in the head. I told her "Get the **** off of my property and don't say another word to me or my son.... If you can manage that, I'll weigh that into account when I decide whether or not I report your physical abuse of a minor to the police."

Then the bitch looked like she was going to claw MY face off. I won't lie, I peed a little. ;-)

She pulled the "I won't let Emily play with your son again" card. AAAAAAAND that's when my wife stepped in. Dayum!

I kind of felt a little bad for the lady after my wife turned into one of those phantom things from Harry Potter and sucked out her soul. LOOOOOOOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Expat-N-America

That is ****ing HEART breaking. Good for you for standing up for your son. We, as parents, need to stop treating our kids as if they are too precious and always in the right and other kids are always in the wrong. Sometimes, accidents happen.

20. Expat-N-America

Damn. Can't say ****ing.