Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Victims of the Florida shooting

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Sharpie61, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I read the second amendment. No where in it , does it say that once you are considered an adult, do you get the right to purchase a gun.
    In fact, I never saw where any age was written.
    My problem with the NRA is- since when did they become a branch of the government?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Yes. He’s running for the senate and wants votes. But he takes money from the NRA, so the whole thing is bogus.
    He will not get my vote. He made a lousy governor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Maybe since when they paid for some of the twigs, leaves and the gnarled knobbly wooden bits ?

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

There might be some CYA involved in this too.They sold a gun to the Parkland killer. It's not one that he used in the attack, but I think they wanted to get out ahead of this story before they became part of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You can't just read the Bill of Rights, that shows amendments to the Constitution, but not the makeup of the government, which is in the Constitution itself. There are four branches to the government, the Executive, the Legislative, the Judicial, and the NRA.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Morgotha

Republicans acting badly:

"
    A Republican candidate for the Maine House of Representatives has used Twitter to attack two students who survived a mass shooting at a Florida high school, calling one of them, who is openly bisexual, a "skinhead lesbian" and the other a "bald-faced liar."

"There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you're frothing at the mouth moonbat," Leslie Gibson wrote about 18-year-old Emma Gonzalez, one of the most visible student activists to emerge from the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, which left 17 people dead.

Gibson is the only declared candidate for the 57th District and told Maine's Sun Journal it was "not appropriate to single out the Parkland students," who have been vocal about their desire for stricter gun control. But he said he stands firm in his defense of "our constitutional rights." He said he served in the military and took an oath "to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.""

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...land-teen-emma-gonzalez/ar-BBKbfQV?li=BBnbfcL

7. Morgotha

Is this the type of teacher Trump wants armed in a classroom? And why would said teacher bring in a LOADED gun to talk about firearm safety? The mind boggles.

"
    A Seaside High School teacher, who also served as a reserve police officer and a city councilman in Seaside, California, accidentally fired a gun inside the classroom, injuring three students Tuesday.

The incident occurred at 1:20 p.m. local time (4:20 p.m. EDT) when Dennis Alexander was conducting Administration of Justice class and teaching the students about gun safety. Most of the students attending the class were between the ages of 16 and 17 years, the Californian reported. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...ts-about-firearm-safety/ar-BBKbBki?li=BBnbfcL

8. Morgotha

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: He's not much on honesty, either. You don't fire a gun into the ceiling to see if it's loaded. You open the barrel and look. Idiot. He shouldn't be kept on as a reserve police officer unless he can be successfully retrained in gun safety himself.

I would take my kid out of his class. He has neither good sense nor integrity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Morgotha

Their police department must have some interesting training sessions. "O.k. everybody, for safety's sake you first should check to see if your gun is loaded. Everyone point your weapon upwards and pull the trigger once to check for a round in the chamber. Don't look down the barrel or point the weapon at your neighbor while performing this safety check."

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Sounds like a scene out of Police Academy. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Morgotha

Two apples fell in the same place:

"
    Morgan Roof, the younger sister of the Charleston shooter Dylann Roof, was arrested after taking two weapons to school and posting to Snapchat that she hoped students protesting against gun violence in a nationwide walkout “get shot.”

Roof, 18, showed up at A.C. Flora High School in South Carolina with a knife, pepper spray, and marijuana. She faces weapons and drugs charges. A judge released Roof on a $5,000 bond but ordered her to stay away from her school.

Though she faced no charges relating to her Snapchat post, it did cause alarm, reported WIS-TV.

In her post, Roof wrote: “Your walking out for the allowed time of 17 min, they are letting you do this, nothing is gonna change what tf you think it's gonna do? I hope it's a trap and y'all get shot we know it's fixing to be nothing but black people walkin out anyway...No offense ofc buuut.”"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...tes-i-hopeyall-get-shot/ar-BBKeS1a?li=BBnbfcL

13. Morgotha

A Libertarian Senate candidate just topped the NRA and Republicans for most gun-nutty suggestion to date:

"
    A U.S. Senate candidate in Michigan has proposed a plan to arm homeless people with shotguns in a bid to reduce crime.

Brian Ellison, a Libertarian candidate who is expected to be the party’s candidate in the upcoming midterm elections, said homeless people are often at risk of becoming victims of violent crime and one way to prevent that is by providing them with firearms.

He would be challenging Democratic incumbent Debbie Stabenow for the U.S. Senate seat in November, if he wins the Libertarian Party’s candidate.

Ellison told the Guardian that although he thinks pistols for homeless people would be ideal, due to stringent gun laws, shotguns are the only alternative for them."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-to-reduce-crime-us-senate-hopeful-says.html

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

There needs to be a GASP rating.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

^^5 gasp idea

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Morgotha

Seriously. The guy basically comes out and says he'd rather they have handguns, but likely a lot of them would be prohibited from buying them, so he'd give them shotguns instead!

Not that I think ALL, homeless are mentally ill or substance abusers, but some of them are, that's *why* they're homeless. I can't see how anyone would think giving them loaded shotguns would be a good idea.:eek::confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I checked out some of his comments on Twitter about the homeless, and he seems to have a very naive view of them similar to what i did when i was a kid. That they are all gentle, kind people who just need our help. Which is probably true for many of them! But wow...arming them all with shotguns is one of the loopiest things I've heard in my life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Morgotha

It's nice to know that his idea is probably coming from a good place, but... I can only imagine the number of police calls, ambulance calls, etc., you'd get if you just took every homeless person in Detroit and gave them a loaded shotgun. Even for being naive, this man is running for the U.S. Senate!

19. Morgotha

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's exactly what we need in Detroit . :eek:

Sounds like he has a little living to do lol.

• Agree Agree x 1