Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Bad?

Discussion in 'Episode 801 - Mercy' started by TheJudge, Oct 23, 2017.

1. TheJudge

TheJudge Member

They try and get way too cute with the flashbacks/forwards and non-linear story telling, and it feels disjointed...and simply falls flat. They make the characters dumb. How can we believe these characters got this far being this dumb?

Rick makes a major emphasis on how killing Negan will win the war...yet they have Negan standing right in front of them, and they don't snipe him.

When Rick DOES start firing, and they all start firing, they are suddently incapable of hitting any one of the five or six people standing still in front of them. Usually they have no problem firing from a moving vehicle, and hitting a moving target in the head with one shot.

But they really did show the windows a thing or two!! Using a thousand rounds in the process. It is so laughable it is ridiculous.

It was also a very boring episode. We've had enough slow boring episodes. No tension in the episode. No suspense. Nothing. Its been like that way too often.

But it was exciting watching the Hilltop pound swords. Good lord.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

But they really did show the windows a thing or two!! <—— lmao

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. BigKev00

BigKev00 New Member

I should've read this before posting my thread. Honestly, I agree 100%. Somehow Rick and his crew can hit a walker in between the eyes with a revolver at 100 meters after running 3 kilometers and not eating for 3 days... Yet Negan and his top Lieutenants are standing on a platform with no protection after Rick's crew sniped the rooftop guards and they can't hit 1 of them... Then Rick has Negan laying in that tube a short distance away and Rick unloads a clip, not hitting him once...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Amen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

I just want to know why Father Gabriel didn't kill Negan. He has a gun!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigKev00

BigKev00 New Member

Same reason he didn't leave Gregory to die.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That's not the same reason. He took pity on Gregory for being weak like he once was. Gabriel has been shown to kill dangerous/hostile people. He seesm to take pity on weaker people because he feel they can change so the Gregory incident makes sense. WIth Negan of all people he wouldn't show hesitation to if they didn't break character.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I love TWD and it takes a lot for me to criticize it. But damn. That was a very badly written episode. And for it to be the 100th, we all expected better to kick off AOW.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I was surprised at the quality for this episode.... I expected more. It was okay overall. The constant switching between timelines (like the flash forward and the dream sequence) was a distraction.

The whole shooting at the windows was dumb - waste of bullets and while it's obvious they weren't focusing on the lieutenants - in an effort to lure the herd - still a waste. Even when they opened fire at that car at the satellite outpost. Smh.

Overall it was alright, not the greatest but I hope the rest of the season will be good.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I have to agree with this somewhat. I thought the episode was good for setting up the season but it was very dumb the way it played out if looking at it from a realistic stand point. Thats one of the issues I have when the show tries to stick to the comic story because some things just don't transfer well to TV. They should've completely changed this attack strategy. But I'm still looking forward to the following episodes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Heres the thing that put me off: it was episode 100...the season 8 premiere...the beginning of AOW, and NOTHING happened, besides Gabe getting trapped. It was so disjointed and obsessed with being artsy that they lost the plot. I've seen people asking WTF was going on with the episode, and thats because the writers are reaching for that Emmy gold.
    What happened to the show? It wasn't a great episode, it was a terrible premiere, and a shit show of a 100th episode.
    And before some Schmuck comes on here and is like "Well hur dur you can do better? hur durrrrr"
    I can't. But the thing is if I'm noticing issues that are being passed over or ignored by professional writers, then the show is in deep shit.
    I hope the season gets better, I really do, but the fact is the episode sucked harder than a college girl on a milkshake straw.
    Edit: spelling. Sigh

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Maybe our expectations were higher because of all the build up.

The only part that I really liked, was when the one box Daryl blew up, the walker near by, kind of skidded across the road.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Arthur_B_Sobotnique

Arthur_B_Sobotnique New Member

This episode should get them a Darwin?

14. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Probably ran out of ammo. Gabriel and the rest of Rick's group were shooting out Sanctuary's windows before Rick gave the order to withdraw.

Its always funny how TWD characters have infinite ammo until their backs are against the wall. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The only thing Rick's crew hates worse than Negan is ... factory windows. they must be destroyed on sight! Give them a break, what a pane.
    Remember when they had to go to a great effort to make one bullet. Now they have them to waste.
    What is Rick's plan ... to let pigeons infest the factory and drive out Negan's crew with their droppings?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rapscallion

Daryl told Rick that Negan is a stickler about leaving shoes by the door, so all the Saviors inside Sanctuary are going around in their socks, and now with the windows shot out, they'll cut their feet on the shattered glass and surrender. :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the episode but hoh boy. Flashforwards and disjointed time again? Are they ever going to change formulas that have never ever ever worked for them?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rapscallion

I'm afraid not. It's going to get even worse because...

19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

But I would LOVE that!! :D

20. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

If he ran out of ammo they should show him running out of ammo outside, clearly...spend like 5 seconds on it, and make up the time by having carl walk 5 seconds less earlier in the episode Carl walks at least 30 seconds, just shorten that to 25. How the show chooses to spend these precious seconds just baffles me sometimes.

• Funny Funny x 1