Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"The Walking Dead" Details & Complaints

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by harneyempire, Apr 6, 2013.

1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Well at least I made you cry..................in third person.

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

You complain that people won't have a give-and-take discussion with you, and then you say something like the above.

Nah, I saw you holding up World War Z as an example of a "quality" zombie apocalypse movie, on the same level as 28 Days Later, and simply could not let that slide. I skimmed the wall of text that came before it. :)

This is the best thing you've posted. I can't stop watching it.

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

My #1 complaint: Not enough of the dreamsicle Daniel Newman! Am I right, [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION]? :zombies_lol:

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I know, right!?!? I was so excited about finally revisiting the Kingdom, and the only soldier we saw was stupid Richard. Where was Daniel? :'(

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I guess they can only give him to us in small doses since he tends to steal everyone's thunder :-/

6. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

That's right!! I had forgotten him again until I saw your post. I had wondered for a minute where he was last night and if we'll see him in the MSP.

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Wow. That was a fun read. lol

Can someone please mention bomb when the trolls arrive? I miss them every time. I was blissfully unaware just hangin by myself in the Trump thread. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. rohn

rohn New Member

I don't understand the hate.
    All shows change and grow. If you don't like it, don't watch it .

What's pathetic is the "this used to be my favourite but now you've ruined it" crap. Get over it.

Just enjoy the series.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

I agree with this, but disagree with the peppering of politics into your rebuttals. They are an easy and highly unnecessary way to put people off, including people who agree with your criticisms of the show, like me. Keep the politics out of it, based on your writing it should be possible for you to see why that's a good idea, and then whatever you do say won't be open to hostile reply based on politically-charged jabs, but rather on the content you want to get across about the show.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

No one can argue with your opinion - if you hate the show, you hate the show. I happen to disagree with you though, and I think if you're going to compare it to World War Z or 28 Days Later (as Yeziam did in the above post that you quoted and so passionately agreed with), you are wishing for something that TWD never intended to be in the first place. The emphasis has always been on the characters, not on the details of the apocalypse. It's about ethical dilemmas, relationships, etc. Kirkman himself said his goal was to create a world where you could remove the zombies and replace it with any other type of catastrophe and it would still work because it's not about that. It's about the people. It's all in the title of the show...the Walking Dead refer to the people not the zombies. It's a soap opera with zombies. If you're wanting it to be anything else, of course you're going to hate it. Those who have tuned in all this time hoping for something more similar to 28 days & World War Z are quite possibly the ones who have tuned out by now because it took them an awfully long time to realize they were watching the wrong show. The rest of us 11 million (and some change) viewers will keep tuning in to watch as this world grows and changes, and see how our favorite characters respond to the world around them.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I agree with @Jen7

I am one of those, who does not care for "zombie" shows and movies. I have not seen Night of the Living Dead. Dawn of the Dead, nor any of the others, with the exception of the one, where they holed up in a mall. (It was filmed in a mall in Racine, Wisconsin and I shopped there).
    My daughter got me to watch the Walking Dead, and by the 3rd episode, I realized that it wasn't about zombies. It's about how these people survive. And I liked it.
    And Fear the Walking Dead is now giving this one a run for the money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. TC93

TC93 Member

The logic on this show anymore is beyond stupidity. How many chances has Ricks group had to kill Negan and NEVER does it. Now they stand there with Negan OUT IN THE OPEN carrying on a conversation for 30 minutes, with about 50 people with guns, and not one person shoots. Yet they had no problem sniping Negans security guys from a mile away with one shot. Who is the person writing this this bs?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. TC93

TC93 Member

I suspect their rating will be down yet again this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think the shows main strength was how human characters was, main people could die and a strong writing in that it was more focused on the interaction of the group and the struggle of survival. Now it gone to a more standard sci-fi/fantasy/similar show with shit tons of people and lot of shooting.

A bit like how Game of Thrones after they ran out of books by George R R Martin started to drop in quality and logical mindset. Both series has lost a bit of their golden standard and touch with how things work, The in "setting" rules and logical thinking. I think complains are valid. Same as my love for the third Season of FTWD was enormous but I also saw plenty flaws to force the story on or forcefully remove the main people from the Rancher prepper camp. Also when shows want to cut down on salary they just kill of people in really sad ways (See GoT)

• Like Like x 1
  16. AnnieOakley

Here's something that's not my opinion:

"The Walking Dead's Ratings Tumble To Season 2 Levels"

"Most shows usually lose viewers after their season premieres, so when last week’s Walking Dead season 8 opener was down 33% from the previous year, another drop could take the show very low indeed.

The Walking Dead
    has not dipped under 10 million viewers since season 3, even with recent declines, and the 8.92 number actually puts it below season 3 levels. The last time the show had that few viewers was the season 2 finale.

Still, in more or less exactly a year, The Walking Dead has lost almost half its viewership (47%), going from that huge premiere to this five year low. Even if it won the night, even if it’s still AMC’s biggest show, that’s certainly not what the cast, crew, showrunners and network want to see...

It’s not good news, but I still don’t think we’re in total meltdown territory yet. My guess is we still have a million or two left to fall this season, and my guess is we’ll settle in somewhere between 7.5-8.5 for most episodes after consistently being 10+ last year."

NOV 1, 2017 @ 09:41 AM

What this reflects is that millions of others have problems trying to struggle holding onto a show they want to like, but has gotten to a point of (literally) no return despite this desire. Personally, my curiosity to watch here and there, and to comment freely with differing views is makes a forum "open" and interesting for actual discussion. Where's the fun in a catalogue of opinions that just mirror your own, or what you want others to think? This is a place that seems like it can handle civil disagreement without the best being "you're not a true fan", or "well the majority of 11 million don't agree", etc. People, who can speak their minds calmly and thoughtfully, should be welcome as well as much as any superfan.

#696 AnnieOakley, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

There have been plenty of people who complain here about the show - that’s not the problem I have. I will point out things that I don’t like as well. My problem is the handful of people who made up their mind a LONG ass time ago about the show and still for some reason come here after every episode to spew negativity. It’s as if now they are watching it with their mind already made up that they hate it and are just here to point out every flaw they think it has. It’s irritating to people who still actually like it and want to discuss both the good and the bad. (I’m about to use this as my example because it’s another show with a huge fan base and a lot of seasons...) I watched seasons 1-3 of Gray’s Anatomy back in the day and it lost something for me after that point - I didn’t feel the need to waste my time and keep watching it and then go even further to a fan forum and post every negative thing I could find about the show.

Not only that, but these individuals aren’t even willing to respond to those who have positive things to say - it makes me wonder if they are even reading the positive comments now or just skimming to find the like-minded ones so they can all wallow in the misery of this show that no one is forcing them to watch.

18. AnnieOakley

I respond positively to things I like about the show, and as I said in the chatroom with you, see the independent cool bits of the show as isolated moments I can enjoy, and then other ones that I find ridiculous, as independently ridiculous. Similarly, it's easy to make up your mind to like a show before you see its quality more than it is to make up your mind to dislike a show that you invested years into watching (and wanting to continue to like). It's natural to like something despite quality, if you already want to like it. That's why it's harder to come into something with your mind made up against it, if you were into the show and were rooting for it to be great television. That's what I want(ed), and I told you that.

As for your quote of my "objective" data, and then highlighting my personal opinion, as implied to be a contradiction, I was referring to the article of numbers/ratings. That's why I separated it, so as not to confuse. It seems though, that it's annoying to feel ostracised for trying to discuss things that others here also agree with and find valid as topics of intrigue, and then to just get "dumb" voted with no reason nor rebuttal, leaving it to be interpreted as "dumb" for logically stating a different opinion than what you want to see.

The "annoying" thing goes both ways, and makes it harder to feel like it's not a cult show, when you can't even disagree without others saying it's just bothersome. Sure, if a troll is coming on here just to say, you all suck, etc, then fine. Pour on the haterade, but my comments on these last few episodes are representative of many others' sentiment on this forum as well, since others are also noting the downhill quality even on here. I guess the same reasoning needs to be applied such that, if it annoys you (general or specifically) that someone is saying they dislike A or B, etc, then don't keep reading it, and block the person's comments. The same way you can suggest people piss off who only come here to spew negativity, with or without malice/already made-up minds.

*Note: I made this personal because of your recent "dumb" votes on my comments that had valid, rational points and weren't just nonsense "hate" posts. Perhaps you were speaking broadly above, but some of it seemed a bit targeted given the dumb stamps for less-than-obvious reasons. It's not like I talked about politics or religion or posted "so and so is ugly", which is objective dumb to toss in conversation...

#698 AnnieOakley, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I rated 2 posts of yours dumb - one of which you said you would have rather killed yourself than watch this episode. That was dumb.

20. blundig

blundig Member

Why don't people just laugh at Jesus, or just spit in his face, when he tries to interject himself or interfere? He's a nothing. Not part of the real group, never accomplished anything, and is just a pompous carpetbagger. Totally unrealistic that he exists to pontificate. My fervent hope is that he dies quickly.
    The priest and Rosita, while meeting the interracial requirement, will be a ludicrous couple. Maybe if he reaches puberty and his voice changes.
    Only worthwhile people in the tribe are Michonne, Daryl, Tara, provisionally Rita, Carol usually, the gay guy who's name I don't remember, and the Samoan. Daryl is a straight white male, but I guess one is okay. They try so hard on this show it's painful.