Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Dead Game

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Games' started by clone, Apr 25, 2012.

1. clone

clone Member

Just finished Episode 1 of Walking dead PC game.

With only one episode out it didn't last very long.
    About 1/5th of a game I guess.

The action scenes are ok.
    You have a few choices to make. Who to save, ect.
    Different outcomes based on some of these choices.

Over all I give this game 1 out of 5 stars.
    Mostly because only about 1/5th of the game is finished and you can only explore a limited area.

I would prefer to have a game like Grand Theft Auto, where you have free roam of the city.

2. Peanut Q. Public

i haven't played it yet but i have a feeling it will become super super super duper awesome once you've explored.

3. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

i think it would be cool if in the walking dead game(based off the show if there ever is going to be such a game) it would be cool if you can sort of roam on your own for a while, and interact with character while at the farm/camp and maybe even go on supply runs solo or ask glen or others to come along. but still have missions like the school mission with shane and otis and mission with shane/rick/randall. that would be SICK. i'd rather have a TV show based game than a comic based game. but hey this game still seems great. have to wait till friday to get it on the xbox though :(

Edit: almost like a red dead redemption style game expect with a WAYYYY bigger map to play on.... like you choose when to do the story missions but some of them are time sensitive like going to the school after carl being shot and the herd on the highway and stuff of that nature

#3 ShaneFan946, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

There have been GTA mods that incorporate zombies, Romero locations, etc. If you're interested, they're out there.

5. clone

clone Member

I'm familiar with GTA mods. I run a Multi Theft Auto server.
    No zombies on server but we have had them in the past.

Walking Dead game...
    I replayed it and chose to save the other person in the store. Although it gives you the choice on who to save another time, you really have no way to save Hershel's son.

6. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I didn't even know there WAS a TWD PC game!! I need to go shoppin...

7. Elvis Ambush

Elvis Ambush Member

Telltale always does their games in Episodes, so this being only a short piece (about 3 hrs of game time) is typical for them.

It's also a point-and-click adventure game, not an action game. So if you're looking for Resident Evil or GTA, you're going to be disappointed.

These types of games are more about interacting with characters, making choices and solving puzzles then action, although there are a few action sequences.

I enjoyed it and am looking forward to another playthrough so I can change some things I did the first time

8. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I wish some developer out there would like an Open World Zombie RPG but TellTale did a good job on making The Walking Dead Game. Needs more hours of gameplay though.

9. Elvis Ambush

Elvis Ambush Member

There's 4 more chapters coming, so that should give you a total of at least 15 hours of gameplay. Not bad for $20.

10. ShaneFan946

more like 10ish hours of gameplay combined. the 1st episode took me slightly under 2 hours to complete

11. Negan

Negan Active Member

I absolutely hated the motel part. How the hell was an supposed to know there was a pillow?

12. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Well, we don't know how long the 2nd episode will be. Since it's going to be a month for the next episode to come out, it better have a couple extra hours.

13. Peanut Q. Public

i'm just glad to have some way to satisfy my TWD cravings. and this game is awesome.

14. ShaneFan946

true. my prediction though is that the game is pretty much complete, and the other episodes are going to be the same length as the 1st maybe a few being slightly longer/shorter....but we don't know for sure but most likley theyre going to be the same length

15. NNUTTHOWZE

NNUTTHOWZE Member

those of you who are looking for a rpg style zombie game, have you played dead island? essentially that's exactly what it is. very big areas to explore, tons of zombies, and rpg style missions.

16. ShaneFan946

dead island was a pile of crap.

17. Elvis Ambush

Elvis Ambush Member

It's not. Telltale does the episodes as they go. I just read a post by Gary Whitta a week ago where he said he was polishing up the script for Ep. 2.

18. ShaneFan946

well thats interesting then......sounds great!

19. Oomi

Oomi Member

Did anyone else go back to the office in the drugstore and try to pick up Lee's father's cane in order to try and get the brick? I felt like an idiot after finding the axe at the motel 'cause it all made sense after that...

20. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

agreed, it was pretty dissapointing