Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Dead Issue 113 Cover Art

Discussion in 'Volume 19: March To War' started by legendx66, May 16, 2013.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

2. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Don't take that for granted, we know Robert Kirkman

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like the perfect fuel for war to me. The big 4 has changed over the years anyway. Mostly being bigger than 4...

i always wanted either Andrea or Michonne to outlive Rick. I wonder how less likely that is now?

4. shanewalking

Why (do you want Andrea or Michonne to outlive Rick) ?

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I want one or the other (probably not both) to live long enough to be with Carl after Rick is gone. So that they can continue and we see the reaction to his death. I would like to see that dynamic. I like Andrea being it the best. Another original looking back.

#25 legendx66, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  6. shanewalking

Sounds good, but I really want [Rick] to survive until the end, even though that'd be a little cliché being the main character.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am going off the fact that it is confirmed that he won't survive mostly. I also like the idea of seeing it go on after him. It could take up a few volumes just in aftermath lol. I love seeing the aftermath.

8. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

True. I don't think she'll die though.

I think the fuel to this war is Glenn's Death and the fact that Negan is invading their lives. Rick told Negan he'd kill him the first time they met, I think that's enough fuel. Not to mention Negan ****ing with Carl's head, forcing them to give supplies.

I agree that either Michonne or Andrea should outlive Rick and then watch over Carl for him, becomes his mentor when Rick does die.

What I think Kirkman needs to do with Rick is take less focus from him bit by bit over the years. (This is already happening) but continue to do that. Kirkman can't just kill him in the war for shock value and call it a day. Readers then might feel like "It's not the same without Rick" and he could lose a lot of readers.

If Kirkman takes less focus of him, gives the most interesting story arcs to different characters and give other characters far more time to shine over the years then it won't feel like "It's not the same without Rick" but it'll feel like "Rick has earned his rest. It's time to move on" By this point we won't be complaining about a new main character because Rick would pretty much be a minor-ish character and would only go further into the background. We would be ready for the change.

#28 Tyler, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

That could also make Rick's death anti-climatic, though. But I agree, that would be a nice way to do it.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

She is definitely reaching for a knife in the one panel. I'm guessing there's some sound, the Savior looks away and Andrea stabs him to death

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't have a problem with rick staying as major as he is and then just being ripped out. The next few issues would be chaotic before a new main character was set up (not really if it's Carl) but it would fit the reactions that would follow it.
    Probably what happens. connor is one of the only important saviors though...

12. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Well, Ok.

I just think if Kirkman did that, tons and tons of readers would be saying "The Comic is not the same without Rick" for years and a dilemma like that can be avoided. A new main character needs to be set up before Rick dies, not after in my opinion - then this problem can be avoided.

13. shanewalking

It's not confirmed, it's a possibility Kirkman mentioned more than once, because obviously nobody is safe.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

@shanewalking (quoting is being slow)

These are Kirkman's exact words on Rick from a letter hacks.

"I definitely think that Rick has been the anchor for the series and may be the anchor of the series for a long time. I do have plans for him and I know where his story is going, but I promise that Rick will not survive the entire run of the book."

Straight from the man himself. He has confirmed a few more times in interviews and letter hacks. before we get the standard trolling response kirk has never lied when he answered directly like this.

That is confirmation.

15. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Your avy ain't helping! ;P

17. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

18. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

"The Nobody Is Safe" isn't really funny anymore, it's kinda annoying. They need to stop saying it because it's a load of crap. But it's obvious why they continue to say it: It's just to keep discussion going. It's a buzz-line, and regardless if I like it or not, it's smart.

19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

they say it too much but other than Rick (though he will die) and Carl it is true. Only Daryl breaks that and I am pretty sure kirk has no problem killing him. He doesn't give 2 ****s what people think and most of the others aren't far behind. Just because they live awhile doesn't mean they are safe.

#39 legendx66, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  20. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

nooo u wrong

daryyl is safest nd immune to the infection