Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Games' started by Bassman, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

No, not the recent download series by Tell Tale Games, but a new console game featuring the Dixon Brothers in events before the TV series.

http://youtu.be/MDUx9pk5Ps0

Official Site: http://thewalkingdeadbegins.com/

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-walking-dead/1225332p1.html

This is in good hands. Terminal Reality and Activision teamed up for Ghostbusters: The Video Game a few years back and it PEREFECTLY captured the vibe of that franchise. Ghostbusters fans loved it. Let's hope this can do the same for TWD.

#1 Bassman, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

DAMN IT! You beat me to it again. I don't know if I will look forward to this game. It's getting published and advertised by Activision which is a company I really do not like. But now they are having a game on my favorite TV show. If the game looks good close to release, I might buy it, only because its TWD.

3. Peanut Q. Public

4. Negan

Negan Active Member

Oh great. I can tell it will be amazing. Look at how they have two unlikable and milked characters. And look how it is made by the team that made Kinect Star Wars.

An unnessecary FPS game that will just milk a franchise that is based around drama and not killing? Yawn. We have L4F'inD for that.

In other news: TellTale's TWD is getting a second season.

#4 Negan, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I disagree. As I said in the OP, Terminal Reality's Ghostbusters: The Video Game was nothing short of amazing. They took a beloved franchise of over twenty five years and made a sequel that pleased the majority of the fanbase. They essentially made a third Ghostbusters film that the original writers of the series have been failing to make into a movie for twenty years. Something that the fan could participate in, but not as simple as a FPS.

Everything they put into Ghostbusters was perfect for fans of the franchise. I can't speak for this new TWD game, but I certainly think they have what it takes. It definitely shouldn't be written off so easily.

6. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I never played The Ghostbusters game but I am sure it was good. I did some research and when Terminal Reality finished developing that game, it was published by Atari. Now the upcoming Walking Dead is going to be published by Activision. If you noticed most of the games Activision has published, a lot of franchises milked for cash. It doesn't matter who the developer really is if they are under the reign of Activision. They will push them to meet a deadline and the game could end up rushed. I'd hate to quote wikipedia but one of the games they have published was Prototype 2 which is one the few original and good game under the name of Activision. Apparently the guys that made that game was laid off because the game didn't meet a broad commercial audience. I really hope Terminal Reality makes The Walking Dead : Video Game a true game for the fans despite what Activision can do to them.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Ghostbusters:TVG had indeed switched publishers, but isn't that just it - publishers? My faith behind this project is Terminal Reality. Having seen how certain members of their team commented on Ghostbusters boards and actually felt a love for the source material, I think this game should be great.

Of course, it always has the potential to be a bomb, but I think it's got a good team behind it.

8. RicksRightHand

I saw this last night. Could not be happier, love that it's a prequel. You know what would really kill te franchise? Playing through the story from Season 1 and 2.

Thats what I like most about the Walking Dead franchise. It's like they want to explore every crevice of TWD story. You'll never get the perfect product and you won't please everyone but I personally cannot wait for this game.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

10. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

The last console I bought was a Playstation 2. I played that sucker until it fried on me.

Saying that, I might be pushed into buying something new just to get this game. I've missed playing video games, and this might be the incentive I need to throw my hat back into the ring.

11. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Hmm... I just caught that. Maybe I'll get it for the computer.

12. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

13. Negan

Negan Active Member

They made Ghostbusters? *deletes half of my last post.

Still, I think TellTale's game getting a second season is worth noting.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/s1...-second-season-planned-by-telltale-games.html

Not worth noting in a new thread, but, if you want to make one, go ahead.

14. Peanut Q. Public

i love the Telltale game, and the fact that they made a game that can be what a walking dead game needs to be. i look forward to this new game in hopes that maybe they have found another way to adapt TWD to a game. the fact that Bassman has high hopes gives me high hopes since he's got pretty good taste for the most part, even if he didn't like Diary OTD or Survival OTD. the only problem that i have with the Telltale game are the limited choices. and when you make a choice to say something and Lee goes and adds something you totally didn't want to say. so as much as i love the Telltale game, i don't want this one to be anything like it.

really i wanna know more about this ghostbusters game. i would ask youtube but there are so many ghostbusters games i'm afraid i would get one of the ones that the Nerd hated. so if you could kindly provide us a gameplay link to this awesome ghostbusters game that would be badasstastic. i'm getting the impression that this game will be more action oriented although i'm doubting there will be much gunfire. hoping anyway. i mean, in TWD world, you can't go shooting guns all the time. and if that's what i wanted, i would play L4D2.

15. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

16. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

That looks cool for the little bit of footage they showed. I'm lovin' Telltale's game and will probably be buying this as well.

17. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

My hubby heard them talking about this on the "Talking Dead" episode tonight and has already insisted that we get the XBox version for him to play when it comes out. :)

18. marshmellow

marshmellow New Member

19. john1021

john1021 Member

I must say...THIS IS F*CKIN' AWESOME!!

20. Rammstein

Rammstein Member

It looks great, can't wait to play it