Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Games' started by Bassman, Jul 6, 2012.

1. ArrowToTheHead

Oh definitely. I'm prepared to lose hours upon hours on this game.

2. zombie_ninja50

Only a few more months...then my college work will really begin to suffer

3. ArrowToTheHead

lol I've already alerted my woman that our relationship will suffer.

4. zombie_ninja50

I'm sure she'll understand. If she doesn't, show her the gameplay trailer and then she definitely will understand

5. ArrowToTheHead

Lol nice.

6. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Was anyone else really annoyed when it came to the Dixon's father dying? Especially when Daryl tells Merle and Merle gets all upset and accusing with Daryl? I get that there would be some obligatory grief, he was their father, but still. They both hated that man, I can't see them reacting like that.

7. cwoy2j

cwoy2j Member

Eh, it didn't bother me so much really. I could get that Daryl was upset. The guy beat him but maybe their relationship got better as the years went on. The abuse is implied to have happened when Daryl was a kid/teenager and Daryl (the character not Norman Reedus)seems to be in his early to mid 30's at least. Time heals a lot of wounds. I mean, they were out hunting together when it happened. Plus Merle only seemed momentarily upset about it. He raved about Daryl "letting it happen" but once Daryl said they didn't let him turn, he kinda seemed nonchalant about it.

8. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I don't think he was non-chalant, he sounded like he was nearly in tears when Daryl lied and said the old man was proud of him, then he sniffs and says "What'd he really say?".

I dunno, the whole little exchange just felt... Out of character.

9. cwoy2j

cwoy2j Member

I didn't get that he was near tears. I thought he was kind of chuckling when he said, "what'd he really say?" I just got the feeling that he got really upset for a little bit, took it out on Daryl then it didn't bother him so much.

10. Ms.MistMoonz

Ms.MistMoonz Member

I really like how you sorta control your story, like by choosing two routes leading in two different locations, etc..

11. Josef Hort

Josef Hort New Member

This game sucks because hes have more bugs and about story i rather i dont not speak one word this game is boring maybe game found hes players but It must be players who like FPS

12. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

I knew this game would suck when I saw the low res Daryl in the menu.

13. Jack Vinke-tuke

Jack Vinke-tuke New Member

The Walking dead survival instinct Series!

Hey i just have started playing this game and started a series! its really fun! please if you could check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYzrSABFw_w :hatchet::shining:

14. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

I for this game for 10$ and its pretty decent for the price I got it for.

15. D. Kane

D. Kane New Member

Honestly, this game was pretty fun, though it was short and repetitive it was still challenging and it kept me on my toes with the resource managing and i had to plan on what to bring with me at the start of each location. not to mention that if I got careless, I would get surrounded or get jumped by a sneaking walker.

so In a sense, if this game had the tuning and time for the makers to work on it, this game would of turned out great!

16. FUBAR_of_PA

FUBAR_of_PA New Member

Two things killed the game. First of all, it never should have been sold at a triple A game price. Now, I don't care about game graphics. So what if a game looks great, if the game play sucks? But lets face it 99% of players do care about graphics. And this game looks like you could play it on a N64. If it had been priced at launch as $19.99, it would not have had the bad reputation it gained. If your game does not have triple A graphics, do not charge triple A prices. The other thing was lack of co-op play. Why is Left 4 Dead still a top seller? Because killing zombies with friends online is awesome. Most games people will play until they finish it. But when a game has co-op play, you revisit it a heck of a lot more often.

In the end, it has good gameplay, with bad graphics, and zero replay value.

17. ReamX

ReamX New Member

18. danachka

danachka New Member

This game looks really awesome. Can't wait to play it!

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

How the hell do I use the sodas and energy drinks I find? The controls are no where ot be found and I missed out on that part. Aaand no saving while on a "Mission" sucks. Game crashed and I need to redo everything on that lvl. Respawning zombies also, no fun.

20. MerleDixon97

MerleDixon97 Member

My ONLY complaint is the infinite zombies