Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Games' started by Bassman, Jul 6, 2012.

1. DixonBrothersS3

Well the game is only $20 now. Is that still too much for it in your opinion(s)?

2. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Unless Norman's voice makes you hot, I'd save that 20 and put it towards Overkill's Walking Dead game. It isn't due out for awhile but it should be what Survival Instinct wasn't, a solid Walking Dead first person shooter. I've enjoyed their Payday games, and if they use some of the formula from those two games in their TWD game, it should be solid. Survival Instinct should have been good, it was developed by the same company as Bloodrayne and Nocturne, which were great games, but Survival Instinct just fell flat. It has tons of bugs, the storyline is bleh, the graphics are dated, and Daryl is overly talkative, most likely that was intentional to get Daryl fanboys to go gaga over the game.

3. Metalhead95

Metalhead95 New Member

I actually got a problem with it. I'm struggling to unlock the M249/M60.You need to murder each walker in the firesign stadium level. I have opened all relics & have boundless ammunition, yet every time I endeavor to kill all Walkers they simply continue impending I get around a minute into the level. I spent an hour & a half killing zombies in the same spot initially of the level & idk in the event that they're respawning or if my game is glitching out. Has anybody opened the M249 & M60. I took a stab at reaching Activision yet they offer very little assistance.

4. DietOwl

DietOwl New Member

$20 isn't that bad. I've been avoiding buying it because of all the ~meh reviews but it's still an interesting game because of how much I love the show and I'd feel guilty not trying it at all.
    And Norman's voice definitely makes me hot, so there's that.

5. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

The major issue with the game is that it features a character from the show. The reason the Telltale games work is because they can kill the characters in the Telltale game and it doesn't impact the comic book or the show, while Survival Instinct, we already know Daryl and Merle will still be alive at the end of the game. That's why I'm recommending people wait and just get the Walking Dead game coming out in 2016. It will be canon but feature entirely new characters, so anything can happen story wise.

6. Charmander

Charmander Member

I wish I hadn't thrown it away now, I could have got some more easy trophies.
    I think the thing I hated the most was that the walkers respawned so quickly. Too much wasted effort.

7. camocouponing

camocouponing New Member

I actually enjoyed the game and it was one of the first games that I did achievement hunting. The game is very repetitious after awhile but even so, I still liked it. The crossbow actually came to be my favorite weapon of the game although I'd hate when you'd miss a walker's head and then it'd be impossible to find and retrieve the arrow. As far as the graphics go, it was something I was able to get over quick because I just enjoyed playing the game and liked the story, especially the end. I liked going through the game over and over to choose different options and see where it would take me next and how the outcome could be different or the characters.

8. Jesse James 247

Jesse James 247 New Member

I've played this for Ps3 & i loved it. couldn't play its hoard survival mode but the crossbow you get in the game is so cool. you can keep getting your arrows back plus when you beat the game you can start with the crossbow sooner. Plus theres glitches to exit the map's boundarys. Going exploreing lol : ) so much room to walk around. i liked the last map. enjoy being Machine gun Daryl

9. Jesse James 247

Jesse James 247 New Member

I lent mine to another friend with a ps3 cause mine can't read games on it. To my mom's Ex Boyfriend